You know you drive a S550 Mustang when...

Nickel

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 Handling Package TR3160 w/Recaros
...you gawk at solid axle Mustangs.

pyrophilus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 ShadowBlack GT Premium401a, PP1, ActiveExhaust
You get a little sad when you pull in the driveway
I have had two EB prem mustang's, my second lease expires next month. Wife thought I should look for a pre-owned GT to keep.

Found a '19 GT Prem 401, 6MT, PP1, active exhaust, safe&smart, B&O with 22k mi at a Chevy dealer 4.5 hours away. The dealer had no idea what the car was, so it was listed at $33k.

I drove down there this morning in my EB, test drove the GT, made downpayment, then drove back home. The salesperson (and my wife) didnt understand how/why I am okay to drive 9 hours to "check out " a car...

In my head...
I get to drive my mustang all by myself for 4.5 hours, then go test drive a GT, and then drive my mustang for another 4.5 hours!

They dont get me.

I am picking up the car next week. I will get to drive my EB mustang 4.5 hours to a ford dealer (10 min away from the place that has my GT), drop it off, and drive 4.5 hours back in the GT. Again, people dont understand why I WANT to do this.

Last edited:

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
I have had two EB prem mustang's, my second lease expires next month. Wife thought I should look for a pre-owned GT to keep.

Found a '19 GT Prem 401, PP1, safe&smart, B&O with 22k mi at a Chevy dealer 4.5 hours away. The dealer had no idea what the car was, so it was listed at $33k.

I drove down there this morning in my EB, test drive the GT, made downpayment, then drove back home. The salesperson (and my wife) didnt understand how/why I am okay to drive 9 hours to "check out " a car...

In my head...
I get to drive my mustang all by myself for 4.
5 hours, then go test drive a GT, and then drive my mustang for another 4.5 hours!

They dont get me.

I am picking up the car next week. I will get to drive my EB mustang 4.5 hours to a ford dealer (10 min awY from the place that has my GT), drop it off, and drive 4.5 hours back in the GT. Again, people dont understand why I WANT to do this.
1606743920047.gif

samd1351

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 1999 Ranger

Found a '19 GT Prem 401, PP1, safe&smart, B&O with 22k mi at a Chevy dealer 4.5 hours away. The dealer had no idea what the car was, so it was listed at $33k.

I drove down there this morning in my EB, test drive the GT, made downpayment, then drove back home. The salesperson (and my wife) didnt understand how/why I am okay to drive 9 hours to "check out " a car...

In my head...
I get to drive my mustang all by myself for 4.
5 hours, then go test drive a GT, and then drive my mustang for another 4.5 hours!

They dont get me.

I am picking up the car next week. I will get to drive my EB mustang 4.5 hours to a ford dealer (10 min awY from the place that has my GT), drop it off, and drive 4.5 hours back in the GT. Again, people dont understand why I WANT to do this.

Congrats on picking up the GT. And yeah, I get it. 4.5 hours of uninterrupted drive time = pure joy.

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
Totally understand. I took a flight to pick mine up and the dealer asked me why I didn't just have them ship it to me. $700 to ship or 5 hours to drive. Hmmmm let me think that over. :)

TicTocTach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Clair
Vehicle(s)
2018 EBPP
Mine was only 2.5 hours away just north of Houston, but I was shopping for cars on both coasts to find the options I wanted. I was figuring airfare and at least two overnights in my final price for a car - and it would have been worth it.

Before I found the car outside Houston, my best candidate was in Seattle. I was looking forward to two days alone on the road through long stretches of the country I have never seen before almost as much as having my first Mustang.