Sponsored

You are a fool if you street race

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
There is no time, place, or reason for racing a vehicle on public streets. I am a firm believer of besides facing legal consequences, the persons involved should have their vehicle seized, their license revoked for 5 years, and forced to speak to teenagers about the consequence of their action. I have never done it, never will, and could care less what some ass hat who wants to race thinks of me or my car.
I respect your position on this, but if the law were set up the way you say, a police officer could have your vehicle taken away and you thrown in jail based on their say-so. How are you going to prove to the court you weren't really street racing?

If you leave a stop too quickly you are street racing. If you exceed the speed limit you are street racing - especially if you pass another car. If you have a loud or sporty car you are street racing.

I think there has to be more allowance for gray in the law than what you are stating. I'm glad my car can't be taken away because the factory exhaust is a little loud and sometimes I push the gas pedal down more than 1/2 way or I let the engine RPM exceed 2,500.
Sponsored

C-WOODS-70

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'65 A-Code coupe, '67 A-Code coupe, '22 GT PP 6MT
Pushing your cars handling to the limits out in the country slaloming thru winding, curving roads and almost swapping ends (I've heard that a few times on this forum) could also kill an innocent oncoming driver.
Street racing isn't the only foolish thing you can do in your car to ruin lives.

Oakley

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang
Wasn't there a law that if you were caught street racing, your car was crushed? If it is gone, it should be brought back.
that's not justice. if they executed every person who was negligent and killed someone as a direct result of their negligence this wouldn't be a problem.

Oakley

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang
WTF does that even mean? We are a country based on laws. Going 130mph is BREAKING THE LAW. Just because nothing has happened to you doesn’t mean it can’t or won’t. Don’t like the speed limits? Lobby your local legislators. Freedom = responsibility, not do whatever the fuck you want just because you think you can or because you don’t like or agree with a certain law.

I wish people would stop with the whole tyranny bullshit. What we have here is nowhere close to that, no matter how much we disagree with certain legislation. Look at N Korea, Russia, China, etc. THAT is what tyranny looks like.
no victim = no crime

markayash

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marc
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang
Wasn't there a law that if you were caught street racing, your car was crushed? If it is gone, it should be brought back.
I know it use to be drag racing can be a traffic ticket or a misdemeanor and that goes on your record.

Sponsored

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
no victim = no crime
Not how it works bud. Speeding is breaking the law. Breaking the law = crime. Not different than just randomly firing a gun somewhere but it doesn’t hit anyone. Nobody gets hurt so it’s not a crime right? Bullshit.

Oakley

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang
Not how it works bud. Speeding is breaking the law. Breaking the law = crime. Not different than just randomly firing a gun somewhere but it doesn’t hit anyone. Nobody gets hurt so it’s not a crime right? Bullshit.
that is so insane it deserves only mockery and derision.
i will, however, say that you're making the common NPC mistake of conflating lawful with legal.

justice actually exists and it is not defined by the united states government.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
that is so insane it deserves only mockery and derision.
i will, however, say that you're making the common NPC mistake of conflating lawful with legal.

justice actually exists and it is not defined by the united states government.
Tell me what is insane about it. Breaking the law = committing a crime, whether there is a victim or not. Show me where in the criminal code it states that there must be a victim in order for a crime to occur. I’ll wait.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
Speeding by itself is not a crime, it is a violation.

Don't believe me, ask any cop or lawyer.

rocsteady

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
Wasn't there a line in the movie "Gumball Rally" (about a cross country race)where someone made the point that 55 was more dangerous than what they were doing because "55 was fast enough to kill you, but slow enough to make you think that you were safe"?

Sponsored

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Speeding by itself is not a crime, it is a violation.

Don't believe me, ask any cop or lawyer.
Except using the 130mph example from earlier (or any triple digit speed). Here that is reckless driving and is a misdemeanor with up to 1 year of prison possible. Becomes of felony when harm (to a person or property) occurs. So yes, speeding on its own can be a crime and not just a violation.

BlkMach10510

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1
No need for an attitude, I was just asking and I thought everyone in the forum would be curious about this info.

Oakley

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang
Tell me what is insane about it. Breaking the law = committing a crime, whether there is a victim or not. Show me where in the criminal code it states that there must be a victim in order for a crime to occur. I’ll wait.
i'll do this once and if you still don't get it i can't help you.

the statement "no victim = no crime" is obviously not a descriptive statement of the american legal system, as your vacuous retort would imply. anyone with a few brain cells to rub together can recognize that.

it is a PRESCRIPTIVE statement, an ought, in direct conflict with the injustice system that currently tramples rights routinely because most people just want to feel safe instead of be responsible with liberty.

there are many "laws" you assume keep you safe when in reality they cost lives every day.

i'm in opposition to precrime, that's what sending humans to live in cages for harming no one is... precrime.

MadRabbit

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tobey
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ecoboost
It's especially bad now that your car narcs on you, I just ticked over 25k miles and I received an email stating "based on your current estimated miles of 25,101, you are due for a service appointment"...

Estimated my ass, that was spot on. And if the computer is reporting your miles it's not much of a stretch to assume it's sending speed data as well.

MadRabbit

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tobey
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ecoboost
People are in for a very rude awakening when AI is put into every new car, not only will it be reporting all your data to your loan company, it will be sending that info to your insurance company as well as verbally nagging you to "get an oil change" or "Sensors indicate you did not come to a complete stop, exercise caution at intersections". Or just for kicks it will activate the rev limiter once you exceed 5 miles over the posted speed limit.

They are already looking into computer controlled speed to prevent you from going over the limit anywhere by having the onboard computer use GPS to determine the speed limit of the road you are on and throttling you down if you go over the posted limit.

Enjoy these last few years of "freedom", it's not going to last.
Sponsored