Sponsored

Yokohama Advan AS Tires

BoostedRubyRed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red EB Premium
Trying to narrow down my tire choice for my MRR 350 rims and wanted to seen if anyone has used the new Advan AS on their Mustang. It seems to have good reviews, just hoping to get feedback from a Mustang owner
Sponsored

Brando

Get Some
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 Red LX 331 Stroker
I've got them. They're really good. I had DSWs on another car and I think they have performed just as well. We did have a pretty light winter in Ohio last year, and my commute is about 3 miles, all flat. In the light snow we had, they performed flawlessly. Wet traction is good as well. Tread wear has been good, but I'll save judgement on that for a few thousand miles yet. I'm very happy with them.

Pics for clicks.

IMG_7172.jpg

zxd9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Vehicle Showcase
Following as I'm interested in these as well.

MK5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium PP Magnetic
I've got them. They're really good. I had DSWs on another car and I think they have performed just as well. We did have a pretty light winter in Ohio last year, and my commute is about 3 miles, all flat. In the light snow we had, they performed flawlessly. Wet traction is good as well. Tread wear has been good, but I'll save judgement on that for a few thousand miles yet. I'm very happy with them.

Pics for clicks.

IMG_7172.jpg

I'm still amazed that so many people drive their mustangs in snow!

I am considering the same rims and all season tires but not for the snow, only because during the fall and early spring, the temps drop below 40 on some days. The summer rated tires just aren't going to work. Just started looking into AS tires...

Brando

Get Some
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 Red LX 331 Stroker
I'm still amazed that so many people drive their mustangs in snow!

I am considering the same rims and all season tires but not for the snow, only because during the fall and early spring, the temps drop below 40 on some days. The summer rated tires just aren't going to work. Just started looking into AS tires...
Lol! If I had a longer commute, or more elevation changes, I would consider driving something else. Just don't drive like a jackass and it's not that big a deal. It actually handles very well. Shift early, drive slow, stop early, no sweat.

Around here last fall, when temps got around 50* and there was any moisture on the road, the factory Perellis turned into buttered glass.

One more for good measure.

IMG_7173.jpg

Last edited:

Sponsored

ANGST

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
18 Cayman GTS, 15 Explorer Sport , 09 Honda Fit
I wonder how they compare to BFGoodrich gForce COMP-2 A/S , the the ever praised Continental DWS

Brando

Get Some
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 Red LX 331 Stroker
I wonder how they compare to BFGoodrich gForce COMP-2 A/S , the the ever praised Continental DWS

Not sure about the BFGoodrich but...

Need4SpeedMotors

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.n4sm.com
First Name
N4SM Team
Vehicle(s)
S550 Mustang & Shelby GT350 platform
Theyd be amazing

OP
OP

BoostedRubyRed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red EB Premium
From my reviews on other forums it seems like they will be great tires. Now I just have to wait until they are off back order.

zxd9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Vehicle Showcase
Got the fronts on a couple weeks ago and the rears yesterday. It was 52 degrees this morning and in track mode I hit the gas pretty hard from a stop and got no slippage.

So far I'm liking them. I think the ride is a little better than the PZeros. I did notice when I had ADVANs in front and PZeros in the rear that it seemed to understeer less when hitting the cloverleaf on-ramp. Interested to see how it handles with the ADVANs in the rear now.
Sponsored