Yet another pricing thread

BimmerDriver

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
GT convertible w/3 pedals, BMW M550i
Cars are routinely *advertized* at 11% off here in VA and MD. That's the high water mark.
As I (think I) mentioned earlier in this thread (or maybe another one...) some of those advertised prices are bait & switch, where they subtract the transportation costs and then add it back on when you actually try to buy the car. Plus the usual b.s. dealer fees, of course.

But yes, it's a high water mark and certainly suitable for ammo when negotiating with a local dealer. "Look, I want to buy your car, but for the price of a plane ticket I can go to Virginia and buy it for this. "
Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
some of those advertised prices are bait & switch, where they subtract the transportation costs and then add it back on when you actually try to buy the car.
it's not bait and switch, the caveats are right there on the website. Whether you let them tack back on all of the freight and dealer fees is up to your (lack of) negotiating prowess. Start with "I reject your deal" mentality and counter with what you want to pay, and the process goes better. If at the end of the day you only end up getting an OTD price of 11% off, that's not a bad deal, but it's much better than people settling for paying MSRP.

BimmerDriver

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
GT convertible w/3 pedals, BMW M550i
I'm sorry, that caveat that "it's all right there in the fine print on the website" is not going to do it for me. Yes, that's what they say. I say it's poor business practice and misleading.

You and I will (continue to) agree to disagree. :like:

5.0_Fever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ramon
Vehicle(s)
2014 Lexus IS250 F sport, 2018 Mustang GT PP1 401a
Would you still consider a used 2018?
I have been looking at C8‘s and Gt 500‘s more and more It has me thinking of selling my 5.0
Sponsored