2021 Mustang
That is one nice looking ride!
Sponsored

Strokercrate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT 400a Black Accent.
So.... I was driving in this morning 5:50 very few cars on the road and at the time NO cars at all in front of me for atleast a mile or so I was on a straight away highway and no tail lights even in sight. I came up to a traffic light that was green at highway speeds and my collision avoidance system warning started going nuts. Definitely no car in front of me so I got worried the car would auto brake of me randomly since it was warning without anything there thus I immediately turned off the whole avoidance system.

This is the second time something happened like this. A week ago my cross traffic alert went off when backing up and I was on an empty side street with no one around.

Getting a little worried about these driver assistance features glitches. Anyone else having them on their 21MY??

OP
OP
velocityblue5.0

velocityblue5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Stang GT Premium, 22 F150 XLT Sport, 07 Tacoma
So.... I was driving in this morning 5:50 very few cars on the road and at the time NO cars at all in front of me for atleast a mile or so I was on a straight away highway and no tail lights even in sight. I came up to a traffic light that was green at highway speeds and my collision avoidance system warning started going nuts. Definitely no car in front of me so I got worried the car would auto brake of me randomly since it was warning without anything there thus I immediately turned off the whole avoidance system.

This is the second time something happened like this. A week ago my cross traffic alert went off when backing up and I was on an empty side street with no one around.

Getting a little worried about these driver assistance features glitches. Anyone else having them on their 21MY??
Only glitch I had was I started the car up and it said the blind spot monitoring was messed up and there was a system fault. It corrected itself after I shut it off and turned it back on. Maybe clean all your sensors? I think I had yours once on the highway and nobody was near me and it did do a slight brake which was odd. Haven’t thought anything of it since.

food_fanaticz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Velocity Blue GT Premium

Haven't noticed any glitches thankfully. Got about 950 miles now. Mine has gone off when it's supposed to, the rare times I've gotten too close to the car in front of me it just started going off. At the time all I could think was "oh shit it works!" lol

Once you turned it off, was it okay? No more glitches?

Sponsored

Strokercrate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Haven't noticed any glitches thankfully. Got about 950 miles now. Mine has gone off when it's supposed to, the rare times I've gotten too close to the car in front of me it just started going off. At the time all I could think was "oh shit it works!" lol

Once you turned it off, was it okay? No more glitches?
Yeah nothing since turning it off.

I dropped by a dealer. The Service advisors got a little wide eyed and asked me if im sure no animal was in the road. There wasn't i woulda seen it for sure especially when im looking for what im supposedly about to hit. They told me to turn it on in alert only mode for awhile and see if it repeats. If it does it will need to be brought in.

OP
OP
velocityblue5.0

velocityblue5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah nothing since turning it off.

I dropped by a dealer. The Service advisors got a little wide eyed and asked me if im sure no animal was in the road. There wasn't i woulda seen it for sure especially when im looking for what im supposedly about to hit. They told me to turn it on in alert only mode for awhile and see if it repeats. If it does it will need to be brought in.
I think mine was defaulted to alert only , not assist or anything

Strokercrate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wow. It was 20f this morning. First time driving this car in the cold. This car loves the cold. It feels like it has gained 40hp or more. Way fast acceleration. Throwing me back into the seat harder with less throttle. Heck not even half throttle my all seasons start to break free in first from a roll.

CCII

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang
Agree! Yesterday at about 55F on dry concrete pavement, the tires chirped as I engaged second gear. This was the first chirp I have heard (now at 2200 miles). ... It was a sweet sound! ...And it was with octane 87 gas.

Sponsored
OP
OP
velocityblue5.0

velocityblue5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cold here too but snowed so there’s salt all over 😩 haven’t driven her in a week 😩😩😩

food_fanaticz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Velocity Blue GT Premium
Cold here too but snowed so there’s salt all over 😩 haven’t driven her in a week 😩😩😩
Yah..you probably don't want to know what the weather was today here...almost 80, sunny and warm! 😄

I feel your pain though lol was out of town for the holidays so I didn't drive mine for almost 2 weeks..talk about painful lol I made excuses to go out on errands today so I could just drive haha. I actually saw another velocity blue mustang on the road today, they are out there! And I came up on a sweet shadow black GT that was in the lane next to me, I look over give a little wave he just gives me a head nod..then he makes some noise and revs for me it was music to my ears :clap: Yeah it was a perfect day!

OP
OP
velocityblue5.0

velocityblue5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OMG I just freaked myself the f out 🤣🤣

so I did my nightly check on my garage door to make sure it was closed before bed. Stang is parked in there obviously. So don’t judge, but I talk to my stang when I say goodnight 🤣🤣🤣 so i said don’t worry stangy, we’ll go for a drive soon.
The second i finished saying that, the stang did it’s weird ass random electronics checks where like, sometbing makes noise. You all know what I mean? Like I don’t know if it’s the active exhaust valves but something does a weird check that I’ve read about before. The car hasn’t been started in like 9 days lol so it freaked me out.
Point is, my car is alive and I talk to her and she talks back. 🤣🤣

CCII

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang
OMG I just freaked myself the f out 🤣🤣

so I did my nightly check on my garage door to make sure it was closed before bed. Stang is parked in there obviously. So don’t judge, but I talk to my stang when I say goodnight 🤣🤣🤣 so i said don’t worry stangy, we’ll go for a drive soon.
The second i finished saying that, the stang did it’s weird ass random electronics checks where like, sometbing makes noise. You all know what I mean? Like I don’t know if it’s the active exhaust valves but something does a weird check that I’ve read about before. The car hasn’t been started in like 9 days lol so it freaked me out.
Point is, my car is alive and I talk to her and she talks back. 🤣🤣
Ha, you only need to worry if you start to understand her language!
Seriously, is this the workings of a clever Ford engineer or a random coincidence?

OP
OP
velocityblue5.0

velocityblue5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ha, you only need to worry if you start to understand her language!
Seriously, is this the workings of a clever Ford engineer or a random coincidence?
Coincidence. I read that every now and then the car does checks on itself randomly. I guess it cycles the valves so they don’t rust in place. Read it does the throttle body too. Someone said it’s every now and then when it pings the ford servers for FordPass and stuff. And it’s part of the cars boot up routine. They say if you get inside and just push the clutch in, it’ll do it before you even turn ignition to accessory. Someone also said that people complained when quiet mode didn’t start quiet, but it’s bc they started the car as the pressed clutch in and the car didn’t finish its cycling of the exhaust valves so it started in track mode then went quiet. So they say to press accessory first to get the car primed then start it after a few seconds. Interesting stuff. She’s a smart car!
Sponsored