Sponsored

Yesss! She’s in production today!!!

Strokercrate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT 400a Black Accent.
Should. You may have to let it soak by using a alcohol rag and plastic to keep it from evaporating to fast.
Sponsored

OP
OP
velocityblue5.0

velocityblue5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Stang GT Premium, 22 F150 XLT Sport, 07 Tacoma
Should. You may have to let it soak by using a alcohol rag and plastic to keep it from evaporating to fast.
hmmmmm. have you bought these and installed them? that’s literally the only reason i’m hesitant; over time they may become cracked and nasty and need to be removed, and like i said when I did that on the 2014, it looked like hell afterward.

Strokercrate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT 400a Black Accent.
hmmmmm. have you bought these and installed them? that’s literally the only reason i’m hesitant; over time they may become cracked and nasty and need to be removed, and like i said when I did that on the 2014, it looked like hell afterward.
No but many have bought anchor film on the forums with no problems. I plan on having much more done otherwise I would myself get these but as with everything ymmv

OP
OP
velocityblue5.0

velocityblue5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No but many have bought anchor film on the forums with no problems. I plan on having much more done otherwise I would myself get these but as with everything ymmv
true. also read here on the forum they say to install over 70 degrees….so i won’t be doing that until next spring if anything lol unfortunately my garage isn’t heated.

SL8888

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT-350 # K1989
got a pretty bad rock chip today on the hood. yet another parkway chip. ugh. touched it up bet i could but oh well. she’s gonna get them at some point, just sucks it’s at 3 weeks old lol

320754A5-78AC-4114-89C3-12C6346965E4.jpeg

38D9FF03-AAD8-4D07-B475-B5BB520B99DE.jpeg

10AC27D2-6761-43C1-8468-BEAC249EDACD.jpeg

84DEDB90-F834-4135-9862-97942E538C02.jpeg
Bummer for sure, I still remember my first "Rock" that got my Ruby Red GT-350. A Fed-Ex semi pulling doubles got off onto the birm for a second, and kicked up this rock. It was like a scene from the Matrix, slow motion. I said Nooooo, but it still hit. This thing was like 2 inches, hit the hood then came up and smacked the windshield. Went through the vinyl stripe, and paint, chipped the windshield. I know those factory stripes are not as robust as PPF, but even the body shop said that would not have stopped it from damaging the paint. So I had them pull off the stripes, fix the hood and paint the stripes on the car.

Sponsored

Bobn57

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
1968 Mustang Fastback, 2021 VB, GT/CS
Vehicle Showcase
illegal in nj for fronts and i don’t feel like being even more of a cop magnet here. good deal for you though.

also just saw my first rock chip boys! not even a week lmao. and it’s on the drivers side quarter panel like near the door. something must’ve bounced up. gotta get me some touch up paint which i am absolutely horrible at so ugh. sucks. anyone got any tips?

18286BB8-CE84-43FF-BEF3-0963F538BE99.jpeg

711C312A-7A05-4D7F-9A88-2DDCCF9E0E1C.jpeg
Try dr colorchip. I just bought it for my GT/CS. Found a chip on the hood.
I had it for my 06 GT and it worked wonders. Good stuff.

Bobn57

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
1968 Mustang Fastback, 2021 VB, GT/CS
Vehicle Showcase
Lmao that’s insane man. I just got 19.3 combined coming home. Some parkway and some city. Better than 18 combined as the stickee says but I’m legit getting pretty much what the window sticker says. My city is a little less than 15 though. I’m also running regular too, not 93 or anything. What about you guys? With gas prices I’m not doing that lol
I’m getting around 15 mpg. Haven’t taken any long drives yet. Just back and forth to work half highway half local roads. Only been using BP 93.

Sponsored

food_fanaticz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Velocity Blue GT Premium
Is this a normal sound on my car ?
Mine also sounds like that at idle. I've gotten used to it, doesn't bother me anymore. I also hear a whine with my transmission at lower gears, thought something was wrong until I searched online and found out that's normal with the autos. These cars do like to make noise lol

CCII

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang
congrats! same here! wooo. you changing the oil? i’m gonna let it ride a bit i think.
I will probably go for around 3000 to 5000 on the first oil change (at the dealer) and then again at 10,000 switching to Mobil1, for 10,000 increments thereafter.
It's a beauty mark. Looks like Venus in the sky to me. 🤪
This is the best original statement that I have heard in a long time! Sad for the chip however am loving the statement!

food_fanaticz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Velocity Blue GT Premium
I will probably go for around 3000 to 5000 on the first oil change (at the dealer) and then again at 10,000 switching to Mobil1, for 10,000 increments thereafter.

This is the best original statement that I have heard in a long time! Sad for the chip however am loving the statement!
When I bought mine, was told by dealer to bring it in at 2k just to get it checked out to make sure everything working okay. Seems the consensus is get first oil change at around 3k.

During the first 2 weeks I also had like 4 people from the dealer calling me to make sure I was doing good with the Mustang. :crazy::giggle:

CCII

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang
When I bought mine, was told by dealer to bring it in at 2k just to get it checked out to make sure everything working okay. Seems the consensus is get first oil change at around 3k.

During the first 2 weeks I also had like 4 people from the dealer calling me to make sure I was doing good with the Mustang. :crazy::giggle:
I think it is probably a good idea to get the dealer to give it a look see (don't rush them at the visit) after a few thousand miles. It gives them a chance to see if anything looks out of place.

My dealer called a few days after purchase. It was a nice touch and everything was great with the car, so everyone is happy!

OP
OP
velocityblue5.0

velocityblue5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So my quiet start def doesn’t work lol. Like, I even just set it now to 7pm to 6am, and i turned option on for quiet start and it sounds the same as normal. For comparison, i set my exhaust to quiet before starting the car the second time, and it starts out real low then the valves open back to normal bc I think whenever you set your exhaust mode first, it overrides a start up with normal. But yeah i can’t get quiet start to work lol

Edit. Weird I got it to work. I think you have to set it then shut the car off and lock it then get back in and it’ll know now based on the time. Weird
Sponsored

Last edited: