OP
OP
velocityblue5.0

velocityblue5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Stang GT Premium, 22 F150 XLT Sport, 07 Tacoma
Getting 19.7 until some hilly driving on way home. Now 19.3.
Lmao that’s insane man. I just got 19.3 combined coming home. Some parkway and some city. Better than 18 combined as the stickee says but I’m legit getting pretty much what the window sticker says. My city is a little less than 15 though. I’m also running regular too, not 93 or anything. What about you guys? With gas prices I’m not doing that lol

Strokercrate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT 400a Black Accent.
Lmao that’s insane man. I just got 19.3 combined coming home. Some parkway and some city. Better than 18 combined as the stickee says but I’m legit getting pretty much what the window sticker says. My city is a little less than 15 though. I’m also running regular too, not 93 or anything. What about you guys? With gas prices I’m not doing that lol
Regular can decrease your mileage a lil bit. Not enough to offset cost difference.

That said my 19.7/19.3 is on the dealer fill up and they dang don't put 93 in unless its absolutely necessary.

OP
OP
velocityblue5.0

velocityblue5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Regular can decrease your mileage a lil bit. Not enough to offset cost difference.

That said my 19.7/19.3 is on the dealer fill up and they dang don't put 93 in unless its absolutely necessary.
Dude I don’t get how everybody is getting such good city mileage lol I really don’t. Crazy. I’m blowin through it lol

Sponsored

OP
OP
velocityblue5.0

velocityblue5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

CCII

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang
Dunno 🤔Maybe its the weight of the spare tire?😂
Went for an evening drive after I hard wired the dash cam and looked at the mpg screen (13.3 mpg at 164 miles on the odometer) ...by the way have I talked about how fun this car is to drive!

OP
OP
velocityblue5.0

velocityblue5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Went for an evening drive after I hard wired the dash cam and looked at the mpg screen (13.3 mpg at 164 miles on the odometer) ...by the way have I talked about how fun this car is to drive!
what fuse did you tap to hardwire? I was going to use the set from my old Mustang but the old one uses a regular size fuse and everything I saw says you need the micro fuse tap for the new mustangs. So I just ran a wire to the 12 V port under the stereo and I’m running it like that for now

food_fanaticz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Velocity Blue GT Premium
Dude I don’t get how everybody is getting such good city mileage lol I really don’t. Crazy. I’m blowin through it lol
Dunno 🤔Maybe its the weight of the spare tire?😂
Is there any benefit to giving it 93? I've been using 89. Still getting 21-22 only with city driving. I have a spare tire too, even with the weight of the spare I'm still getting the same mpg lol.

Sponsored

Strokercrate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Is there any benefit to giving it 93? I've been using 89. Still getting 21-22 only with city driving. I have a spare tire too, even with the weight of the spare I'm still getting the same mpg lol.
93 would give a bump in power.

CCII

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang
what fuse did you tap to hardwire? I was going to use the set from my old Mustang but the old one uses a regular size fuse and everything I saw says you need the micro fuse tap for the new mustangs. So I just ran a wire to the 12 V port under the stereo and I’m running it like that for now
I used number 2 (power windows/door locks). It was at the bottom on the side toward the engine. The micro2/ATR fuse taps seem a little hard to get. The third auto store I went to kept them in the back (had to ask) instead of where the fuses are located. I know some people have pulled power from the overhead console, however, I prefer the fuse tap approach. Also while researching I saw someone metnioned not to pull out the key fob fuse, as you need to be grounded when inserting it else you can have problems.

OP
OP
velocityblue5.0

velocityblue5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I used number 2 (power windows/door locks). It was at the bottom on the side toward the engine. The micro2/ATR fuse taps seem a little hard to get. The third auto store I went to kept them in the back (had to ask) instead of where the fuses are located. I know some people have pulled power from the overhead console, however, I prefer the fuse tap approach. Also while researching I saw someone metnioned not to pull out the key fob fuse, as you need to be grounded when inserting it else you can have problems.
yeah, i honestly think i’m just gonna keep mine in the 12v. it doesn’t look bad since i ran the wire under my weathertech mat, and under the headliner and pillar

OP
OP
velocityblue5.0

velocityblue5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
higher octane gas, like in this case 93, is what they rate the HP and torque at i believe. running 87 i’m definitely losing like 20hp, but i would never know, and i don’t floor it, so idc….gas here is like 3.30 a gallon..and we all remember winter months when gas was in the low 2’s to high 1’s a gallon, so i’m not trying to go broke lol. but honestly, higher octane gas should give you slightly better MPG as well from what i’ve read, but like it was stated, the cost difference probably doesn’t make up for it, probasbly isn’t worth it. just in awe that you guys are getting such high city MPGs lol crazy. are you all manual 6spds too? or autos

Strokercrate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
higher octane gas, like in this case 93, is what they rate the HP and torque at i believe. running 87 i’m definitely losing like 20hp, but i would never know, and i don’t floor it, so idc….gas here is like 3.30 a gallon..and we all remember winter months when gas was in the low 2’s to high 1’s a gallon, so i’m not trying to go broke lol. but honestly, higher octane gas should give you slightly better MPG as well from what i’ve read, but like it was stated, the cost difference probably doesn’t make up for it, probasbly isn’t worth it. just in awe that you guys are getting such high city MPGs lol crazy. are you all manual 6spds too? or autos
6sp all the way. Yes auto is faster. I just prefer the engagement to the vehicle.

From my research Peak HP and TQ is only hit between 10-15 per. But the power band especially over midrange can take a a pretty big hit
Sponsored

Last edited: