Yellow unmarked Az hiway patrol Mustang

SROLD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
STEVE
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Arizona has a Bright Yellow unmarked Mustang GT running around the Phoenix area. Seems like he hangs out on the 202 freeway in the Mesa area. They also have a Bright Red unmarked Challenger on duty. BE CAREFUL GUYS. Some details if you google this info.
Sponsored

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
Arizona has a Bright Yellow unmarked Mustang GT running around the Phoenix area. Seems like he hangs out on the 202 freeway in the Mesa area. They also have a Bright Red unmarked Challenger on duty. BE CAREFUL GUYS. Some details if you google this info.
Err why not google and post when you started this thread.

wmfateam

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Whitey
Vehicle(s)
2017 LB GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
I love that car and the program. Bring the street racers down!

Sponsored

montreal ponies

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
‘17 Ruby red GT350
Who knows, maybe we'll see both of these cars appear on Live PD ! :)

likeaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51
There is zero need for those types of vehicles. Any pursuit greater than the capabilities of Police Spec vehicles should be handled by the radio. While cool, it's a waste of taxpayer money.

Clink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus
Cop in my neighborhood switches between a GT and Challenger.
IMG_1037.jpg

wmfateam

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Whitey
Vehicle(s)
2017 LB GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
There is zero need for those types of vehicles. Any pursuit greater than the capabilities of Police Spec vehicles should be handled by the radio. While cool, it's a waste of taxpayer money.
Total need. It is a bait car, not a pursuit vehicle.

VooDoo387R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R & 2020 GT500
Those AZ, cops are a bunch of di*ks. Got a ticket there while driving cross country in my GT500. He asked me if I knew how fast I was going and I said, "not sure, I was accelerating..."

Sponsored

likeaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51
Total need. It is a bait car, not a pursuit vehicle.
Police should not be baiting people into dangerous driving. :tsk: They sure as hell don't need this for people driving impaired per the article.

cking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17GT350AG/BS-MGW/UPR/ABLIP
Baiting is right word, while bringing mine home from ATL a blacked out charger rushed my cars rear twice, I was in the follow truck watching. Luckily my friend driver is retired cop and didn't react just left it on cruise 77mph. Finally it pulled along side and you could see the laptop and uniform. The he gunned it and sped off.

snaproll

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
350R/88LX/FR500S
Any unmarked car is a disservice to citizens and taxpayers as far as I'm concerned. I deserved to know and be able to find my police. And to think that fellow car enthusiasts in the United States would support entrapment. I don't get it. There should be an angry mob about this kind of stuff but nobody cares until it affects them directly.

Lilby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I saw the yellow Mustang the other day on the 202. While on the one hand I think it's chickensh*t, on the other hand I think if you get goaded into racing a guy you don't know on the freeway just because he's in a yellow Mustang, you deserve to get popped. I tell my 6 year old all the time "The only place you are allowed to go fast is the race track". We've all done it, I've done it, not trying to preach, but if someone rides up my bumper at a high rate of speed like that, I'm not racing him, I want out of his way as he has poor judgement already. And if you have to race someone you don't know, make them roll down the window and look them in the eye, don't race someone you can't see.

Whatever, I'm old. When I used to street race we did it uphill in the snow both ways...

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 HE CFTP, '18 WK2 ,'16 Audi A7
In Texas you do not have to stop for a car simple because it has red/blue lights and a siren. If it has no markings, you do not have to stop. They actually suggest getting on the phone with 911 because all LEO vehicles used for traffic must be marked. Some are pretty good with the ghost letters, but if they pull up next to you, you can clearly see the markings and therefore know it is an LEO. Too many jack wagons running around with emergency lights and siren that are not LEO.

I am not saying there are zero unmarked LEO cars in Texas just that if an unmarked car tries to stop you, you don't have to stop.

TRANSPORTATION CODE**CHAPTER 546. OPERATION OF AUTHORIZED EMERGENCY VEHICLES AND CERTAIN OTHER VEHICLES

OFFICER; OFFENSE. (a) A person commits an offense if the person operates a motor vehicle and wilfully fails or refuses to bring the vehicle to a stop or flees, or attempts to elude, a pursuing police vehicle when given a visual or audible signal to bring the vehicle to a stop.
(b) A signal under this section that is given by a police officer pursuing a vehicle may be by hand, voice, emergency light, or siren. The officer giving the signal must be in uniform and prominently display the officer's badge of office. The officer's vehicle must be appropriately marked as an official police vehicle.
Sponsored

Last edited: