Sponsored

Y'all ever sleep in the back of your mustang?

Coolmanfoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt
So I work some crazy hours. I've found that if you fold down the backseat you actually have a little bit of room to stretch out and makes for a good napping spot. Granted I'm only 5'2 so that probably helps.

But as I'm laying in the back/trunk of my car I was curious what the other enthusiasts would think.
Sponsored

17Magnetic5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 premium mustang gt black accent package
that sounds uncomfortable not to mention it could be dangerous if some hits your parked car you never know. Personally I feel the front seats would be plenty comfortable if I ever had to sleep in the car

OP
OP

Coolmanfoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt
My girlfriend keeps a blanket I'm the trunk which I use as padding. It's actually quite nice. As for the safety that's a legitimate concern.

For some reason I just can't get comfortable in the front seats. Makes me restless af.

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
Just had a nap in the front seat a few hours ago. didn't even recline it because it just that comfy.

Andy13186

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10speed Aluminator Whippled
not me, I dont sleep easy though. I think Id do better in a tent on the ground with a sleeping bag.

Sponsored

Shane361

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shane
Vehicle(s)
2015 Competition Orange Procharged GT
Vehicle Showcase
No but I passed out in the trunk one time after I got harassed for being in the drivers seat with the keys in the ignition.

Draklia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
I’ve taken several cat naps during lunch hour in the front seat of mine. My problem is I keep waking up whenever I start to doze because gravity pulled my lower jaw open and my mouth dries out. First world problem for sure. I’m always eyeballing the trunk area, I’m going to give that a go sometimes. Being 6’4” ought to make that interesting, I couldn’t care less about the safety concern, probably more likely to get hit by a school bus on the way home.

OP
OP

Coolmanfoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt
I’ve taken several cat naps during lunch hour in the front seat of mine. My problem is I keep waking up whenever I start to doze because gravity pulled my lower jaw open and my mouth dries out. First world problem for sure. I’m always eyeballing the trunk area, I’m going to give that a go sometimes. Being 6’4” ought to make that interesting, I couldn’t care less about the safety concern, probably more likely to get hit by a school bus on the way home.
I'm telling you just lay down the back seats and bring some sort of padding. It's at least a twin size bed right there.

Sponsored

Draklia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
I'm telling you just lay down the back seats and bring some sort of padding. It's at least a twin size bed right there.
I used to sleep “more like crash” in the back of my old hatch back mustang. I figured it’s gotta have about the same space. Thanks for the info.

AlmostFamous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I tried to drive from Virginia to Texas in one day and fatigued really set in by the time I got to Louisiana. Took a 4 hour nap in the back at a Walmart and finished the trip in the morning. Not the most comfortable place but it got the job done.

Shane361

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shane
Vehicle(s)
2015 Competition Orange Procharged GT
Vehicle Showcase
I tried to drive from Virginia to Texas in one day and fatigued really set in by the time I got to Louisiana. Took a 4 hour nap in the back at a Walmart and finished the trip in the morning. Not the most comfortable place but it got the job done.
That is a haul! When I was stationed in Corpus Christi I would drive 14 hours home to Florida which was pretty ruff. The Trip from San Diego, CA to Charleston, SC takes the cake for me though.

americanv8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
/
You would have to be super small to be comfortable with this. It works for the OP because of his height, but impractical for most.

ivantwilliams

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium with Performance Package
Vehicle Showcase
I have never even sat in the back of my GT, much less sleep there...
Sponsored