Sponsored

Xpel Protection Film

Qtrhorse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP
Have any of you had Xpel installed on your car? If so, what areas did you have covered and do you feel it was worth the cost? Thanks in advance for your responses.
Sponsored

MDRN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
I've lined up a full wrap once I take delivery. It's expensive, but looking at the beating my wife's car and my last truck has taken at our apartment complex and garage at work it'll be worth it. Too many kids, inattentive parents, and general lack of respect for others people's property. This will be by far the nicest vehicles I've purchased, a one time cost to keep it looking nice? I'm willing to pay it.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I'm interested in what others think about this as well. FYI to people wanting to protect your paint - my 2015 has more paint chips at the leading edge of the roof than anywhere else.

El Diablo

Made in USA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I have Xpel Ultimate on my 15' GT - Full Hood, Full Front Fenders, Entire Front End, Headlights and Sided Mirrors. I've had it on all my cars in the past. My 2013 Mustang GT's paint looked brand new after 2 plus years. Not a scratch.

Yes it is not cheap... But in my opinion if you just spent 30K-40K for a new car why not spend the extra to protect the paint where it is susceptible to getting chips. And you will get chips if you are not protected.

Take a look at an unprotected front bumper after a year or two.

Sponsored

ForTehNguyen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
i decided to go to front bumper only since thats going to bear the brunt of chips. For full hood and bumper the price rocketed to $1500, bumper alone was $450. Then I still got a chip in the hood, dr color chip time!

jtmat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vert turbo!!!!
Wow... when I sell this car, someone better realize they are getting a used car!

I'll use money toward mods... and touch the paint here and there. I put too many miles on a car to have the body looking perfect anyway.

Nice option, if that is what you want to spend your money on.

Stripes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15GT 401a + Roush AB, MRT H-Pipe
i did the full bumper, partial hood, and partial fenders.. well worth the price I paid for it. I'm considering pulling out the partial hood/fenders and doing them completely

Sponsored

Blk2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Value is in the eye of the beholder with film. Personally, I won't keep the car long enough that a few chips matter- probably 5 years.

Believe me, you aren't going to get anywhere near the money back you put into film in trade-in extra value. Paint chips are expected on a used car and the dealer will fix them before selling the car for way cheaper than your film cost you to keep it perfect.

If you can get it done cheap for say under $500 that's one thing and probably worth it, but paying $1000+ doesn't make sense as you will never get that $1,000-1,500 whatever back upon trade-in even without a few small chips.

It costs the dealer pennies to the dollar cost of film to fix the paint chips as to them it is really just paint cost (very minimal since they buy in bulk) and the sprayer's time they are paying them hourly anyway.

Kevin70

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Scion xA, Mitsubishi 3000GT
Value is in the eye of the beholder with film. Personally, I won't keep the car long enough that a few chips matter- probably 5 years.

Believe me, you aren't going to get anywhere near the money back you put into film in trade-in extra value. Paint chips are expected on a used car and the dealer will fix them before selling the car for way cheaper than your film cost you to keep it perfect.

If you can get it done cheap for say under $500 that's one thing and probably worth it, but paying $1000+ doesn't make sense as you will never get that $1,000-1,500 whatever back upon trade-in even without a few small chips.

It costs the dealer pennies to the dollar cost of film to fix the paint chips as to them it is really just paint cost (very minimal since they buy in bulk) and the sprayer's time they are paying them hourly anyway.

I think the point is to keep the car looking nice more so than anyone thinking that they will get their money back if they trade in the car. The Mustang isn't a practical car. Anything related to this car is NOT based on what makes financial sense. From a financial stance, the Mustang doesn't make sense in the first place. Believe me, you aren't going to get anywhere near the money back you put into your Mustang come trade-in time. If someone gets a lot of enjoyment out of their car looking as nice as possible, then the Xpel film may be a good option.

I have seen older films that crack and look horrible later. Supposedly the Xpel film won't do this. Anyone have experience with Xpel film after 5 or 6 years on a car (not sure if has even been around that long)? I would suggest doing the full hood instead of half the hood if you get it. I have seen cars where the line was clearly visible on the hood where the film started (maybe from wax build-up or whatever). Doing the full hood would address that issue.

GTP

Deutsche Pony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10 Outrageous Orange HPDE mods
I think the point is to keep the car looking nice more so than anyone thinking that they will get their money back if they trade in the car. The Mustang isn't a practical car. Anything related to this car is NOT based on what makes financial sense. From a financial stance, the Mustang doesn't make sense in the first place. Believe me, you aren't going to get anywhere near the money back you put into your Mustang come trade-in time. If someone gets a lot of enjoyment out of their car looking as nice as possible, then the Xpel film may be a good option.
^ This ^

MichaelKael

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maggie, beautiful ´15 Cyclone Mustang 51A Magnetic
^This too... It's pretty much like people using seat covers so they look like new when it's time to sell the car, and get better resale value out of it... Just enjoy it as you like it, who cares about the next owner, there might not be any ? But at least XPel doesnt alter the looks ;)

Blk2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Sounds like we're on the same page. If you can get it done by someone reputable for cheap then no reason not to really.

But spending big money makes no sense. It's not a $100k car here that you aren't going to lose a ton of value (especially on the paint chips) It's a common mass produced car.

Personally, I think people waste their money on it instead of enjoying the car.
Sponsored