Wump wump wump noise

OP
OP

Kronos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
I mean if it's worn only on inside then ya I would think it needs an alignment. I will say this though... I notice visually from afar that my wheels are cambered in alittle bit, it's also for improved turning. So it could be on purpose. All four of my wheels u can see this. And on many sports cars, especially race cars. So the alignment could be "off", but maybe on purpose?

Not sure, google says toe and caster is off. Don't know how it would be off, I think the dealer is trying to sneak out of something else.
Sponsored

rffanat1c

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, Race Red
Pirelli's on a c max sounds dumb. Weird choice. They are preformance tires. I'm sure they are all season vs my summers but still. I don't think they're known for ride comfort. I knew "tire noise" was an issue, that that just means the constant whooshing that I hear as it contacts the ground because of the stickiness. Not rhythmic thumping and flapping.
https://www.pirelli.com/tires/en-us...r-tires/product-sheet/cinturato-p7-all-season

These are not really high performance tires for a hybrid, plus at $626 for the set couldn't complain.

My P Zero's are all-season not summer. Maybe it is off on purpose, but regardless it is darn annoying for a car with 8,100 miles on the clock.

OP
OP

Kronos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
I suppose that's not bad. I just think of fast wearing performance tires when i think of that brand, not ride comfort is what I mean. I think Ford has a deal with them though.

https://www.pirelli.com/tires/en-us...r-tires/product-sheet/cinturato-p7-all-season

These are not really high performance tires for a hybrid, plus at $626 for the set couldn't complain.

My P Zero's are all-season not summer. Maybe it is off on purpose, but regardless it is darn annoying for a car with 8,100 miles on the clock.

rffanat1c

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, Race Red
I see what you mean, yeah I think of performance with Pirelli too. The Michelin Energy savers that came on the c-max were also not great.

OP
OP

Kronos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Oooo I thought pirelli was the stock tire. Ya something that helps with gas mileage seems like the fit. Anything good on gas mileage though is also bad at ride comfort too. I guess you can't win

Sponsored

tamer10389

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang EcoBoost
Kronos, dealer says all tires have feathering and some brands are just "crap." Said their #1 guy looked at it and there was no issue with wheel bearings so he says.
Has the noise been resolved? I'm having the same issue. I took mine to the dealership last week and they said the exact same thing in addition to me not having my tires rotated enough. I'm bringing it somewhere else for a second opinion.

Mach550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PREM
Has the noise been resolved? I'm having the same issue. I took mine to the dealership last week and they said the exact same thing in addition to me not having my tires rotated enough. I'm bringing it somewhere else for a second opinion.

Yes. Turned out I had a bad rear driver side wheel bearing. Replaced it with a new one... no more noise.

OP
OP

Kronos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Nope. Never resolved. And it's worse now as I can hear the noise bounce off the houses going 25mph now. And don't get me started on the brake issues that have appeared... Car is embarrassing. I believe the resolution may be to buy a Camaro SS as I have several times in the past. I'm very unhappy with ford and their service and honestly their quality control. There is a reason that they say that fords quality control is at the bottom of the bottom. Spent almost 40k on a brand new car from them, I expected to be treated better. what a colossal waste of money. I have ever been so disappointed. As a real big car guy, it kills me. It has completely turned me off from Ford. I would sooner buy a Honda with a big wing, body kit and stickers everywhere with 100hp then go back to Ford. I hope you get your car fixed and in a timely manner. Good luck.
Sponsored