• ATTENTION SELLERS: All users who wish to sell in the marketplace are REQUIRED to abide by the following RULES. If a sales thread/post does not comply, it is subject to DELETION without notice.

ATTENTION BUYERS: If you see a non-compliant sales thread, please REPORT the thread and take CAUTION when transacting.

Rule #1 - Post a picture of the actual item you are selling (NO stock photos).
    Rule #2 - The picture must include a REAL piece of paper with your Username and the Date written on it next to the product you are selling. NO photoshop or digitally edited photos are allowed.
    Rule #3 - NO "feeler" threads are permitted. This section is only for items that are actually available and ready to be sold currently.
    Rule #4 - The listing must include an asking price. OBO (or best offer) is allowed but it must be accompanied by an asking price.
    Rule #5 - No "threadcrapping." Classifieds threads are not meant for negative discussions. Comments on pricing are not allowed. Only people with genuine questions and interest in the item for sale should be posting in the classifieds threads.
Sponsored

WTT: 2015+ Blacked Out Headlights for Clear

Kcworley

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keegan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Edit: No longer up for trade - I am going to make a final attempt to remove the tint.

Thank you everybody for your suggestions and assistance.
Sponsored

Last edited:

free

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andre
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
If the trade doesn't happen I would try acetone, try it on the small part on top of the headlight, I'm assuming it's like a black clear coat. If that doesn't work, I'm pretty sure a machine polisher with an aggressive compound would remove it.

OP
OP

Kcworley

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keegan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Thank you Free - that is likely the next step if nobody is interested.

MSMStannyl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium - Triple Yellow
You said this was done by the previous owner? How the hell did that pass inspection? I assume your state requires an inspection before sale? I know that would never fly in MD.

I never understood tinting headlights. Just seems counter-intuitive to me. Hope you get it worked out man! There's got to be a simple way to get that off. Hair dryer or a heat gun maybe?

usgiorgi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06
Thees definitely ways to get that off. It's just like when you sell a car to a state with front tint laws. Bring it to a tinting expert and they'll get it off. As for why people black out their headlights, it makes no sense. It looks good, but it's something that needs to put out light.

Open the housing and spray the insides. This is some of the easiest way to get pulled over and have your car impounded.

Sponsored

MSMStannyl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium - Triple Yellow
Maybe a pressure washer? Lol

AlexhadanM3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Blue
How did you try taking it off? Get a steamer and take it to the lights and try to peel it. Thats what I did when taking tint off a car so It should work the same way.

OP
OP

Kcworley

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keegan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
The tint appears to be a spray-on style tint.

I tried taking it to a professional first. He tried a couple chemicals then lightly scraping it off. He called me saying it would not come off, and he was concerned with hurting the headlights if he tried harsher chemicals.

I have tried goo-gone, Brakeleen, and Acetone (in an inconspicuous spot, of course) to no avail. This tint is on there pretty well...

Edit: I do appreciate the suggestions though - thank you all. Unfortunately I have to yield that it was my fault for buying it this way, as I made some poor assumptions ("There is no way the dealer would sell this with the lights being too dim"). You live and you learn, I suppose.
Sponsored