Wth is up with insurance rates?

twbthird

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Premium PP convertible, Ruby Red
Well thanks Geico! They were nice enough to raise my premium by 30% even though I had no claims, and nothing involving them in the 500 miles I’ve driven my Mach 1. What a racket. When I inquired I was told “the cost of doing business has gone up”. When I asked for a detailed or itemized layout of your businesses 30% increase in costs I was met with silence. Not a scam, but it is a damn racket, and a greasy one at that.
I would avoid Geico based on past experience...they really, really, really are reluctant to pay claims. Given how often I see their advertising gecko, I wouldn't be surprised if they spend more in advertising than in paying claims.
Sponsored

Vertex

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Devan
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 FJG HP
I’m over 20 years older. Single (divorced) and only pay 120 a month for my 22 GT and my 22 CX5 with 500 deductible Collison and 250 comp. No at fault accidents ever. I think the state, driving history, and age all play huge factors.
This right here and I'm not sure if it is state specific or not but I always hear people say once you're over 28 if you are a male your rates go down after that. Total bs that gender plays a role in insurance rates.

Cory S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
I would avoid Geico based on past experience...they really, really, really are reluctant to pay claims. Given how often I see their advertising gecko, I wouldn't be surprised if they spend more in advertising than in paying claims.
Don’t make a claim.

nustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT, performance pak, active exhaust
when i went from v6 mustang to gt, 5 years newer ... my insurance jumped 50%
asked if it was because of V8 and was advised its the dollar value.
new one was about 23k more in value.

OP
OP
KB_210

KB_210

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
22 Mustang GT Grabber Blue A10
I ended up getting a progressive rate for $156/mo. I had to pay in full to get $100 off but I put it on my PayPal credit card since it’s interest free for 6 months on my 6 month term. Worked out perfect. This company national general quoted me $550/mo lol

Sponsored

04mazdaspeed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang Mach 1
Im 33 in IL. I Pay 70ish a month for my 22 mach 1 with Progressive. 500/deductible, 250/500 for liability. multiple cars and homeowners discount. Insurance will vary widely so you cant really go off what other people pay.

Cory S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
$42.00/month for my 2016 GT.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Total bs that gender plays a role in insurance rates
tell that to your fellow cohort of <30yr old single males who apparently have a biological predestination to cause damage to their vehicles and others, and then have the audacity to ask other people to fix their ride.
Sponsored

Last edited: