Sponsored

WTF?! Strange static sound coming from one speaker with radio/car on OR off!

Voodoo Velocity

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 / 2016 Acura RLX Sport Hybrid
Any luck?
There was no issue. I was hearing the seat ventilation hiss and thought it was coming from the speakers. :facepalm:
Sponsored

Khris

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Christian
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT 2022
There was no issue. I was hearing the seat ventilation hiss and thought it was coming from the speakers. :facepalm:
My car is at the dealer now, I will post later with the result......

Khris

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Christian
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT 2022
No I haven't gotten around to bringing it in yet. And since I have the Recaros I know for sure it's not the fan in the heated/cooled seats that I'm hearing. It's obvious static and I keep forgetting about it until I hear it when I'm in the car. :facepalm:
Mine is at the dealer now, I will let you know if they were able to fix it.

OP
OP
Tribefan

Tribefan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Imagine if you will, knowing someone with FORscan, the cable and a heated/cooled garage to do work in. Imagine also that you'd been there before, knew the way and would be amongst friends; you're still procrastinating about the geographical oddity of a 90 min drive. Welcome, to the "350 Zone"...
LMAO!!!! Touche.

Sponsored

Matteo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matteo
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shelby GT350R
I have the same problem, someone know how to fix it?

kirbbles

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
'22 mustang EcoBoost premium 200A Grabber blue
Did anyone find a solution to this? I just took delivery of my car and two days later when I turn it off you can hear what sounds like air being pushed through the speakers and sometimes a constant buzz. Dealer says they don’t hear anything.

linkysys

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
Monday, on my way to work, as soon as I got in the car, before I had touched anything other than the door handle, I noticed there was some static coming from the speaker on the passenger's side door. It continued when I started the car and while I drove to work, when I turned the radio on/off, when I turned the volume up/down, and it even continued after the car was turned off and the door opened (which shut off the radio) and was still doing it when I closed the door and went in to work. The volume or frequency/rhythm of the static doesn't change no matter what I do. I even tried messing with the drive mode switches. As a shot in the dark, I tried disconnecting the battery for about an hour and no luck in getting it to go away.

Last night I rolled the windows down with the fob when I got home from work (took our Jeep to work yesterday). I later went out to the garage and stuck my head inside the car without touching or doing anything, no noise. Pushed the unlock button on the fob so that the lights and radio display come on, no noise. Grab the door handle and open the door, noise starts. Close the door and hit the lock button, noise continues until 30 secs or so after the lights and radio shut off. Noise is only coming from the passengers lower side door speaker, nowhere else. I disconnected the battery over night and when I reconnected it this morning and opened the door, noise returned.

For what it's worth, there is no radar detector, dash cam, stereo modifications or even anything plugged into the USB or 12v ports. Anyone have any ideas what this could be or do I just have to go to the dealership for troubleshooting? I posted a video clip of what it's doing. You may have to turn your volume up to hear it.

Same static noise coming from passenger lower (bass) speaker on Ecoboost Premium (same premium sound as the GT). It's not seat fans. Definitely the speaker. Did you find any solution to this?

Bad ground or just a quirk of these cars? I have disabled the in cabin engine noise feedback and it didn't get rid of this noise. There's a similar issue on the Fusions mentioned in this thread . Claimed fix is to update software on the ACM. Not sure if that's possible with Forscan. My car is a 2015, so similar vintage.

Update- I downloaded the latest beta of Forscan which supports firmware updates. I successfully updated the firmware on my ACM. Still have the noise! Swapping APIM's had no effect. I've started a new thread on this topic. Seems to impact a lot of cars. I'm guessing it's a bad ground but which one? On my car it's more of a fan noise coming from passenger lower speaker. Also faint noise from rear deck speakers. No noise from pillar tweeters, door mid (upper), or front dash. Noise present when key off for the couple of minutes the car still has power after sync goes dark. Sounds like a fan on a laptop.
Sponsored

Last edited: