Sponsored

WTF?! Strange static sound coming from one speaker with radio/car on OR off!

Tribefan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Monday, on my way to work, as soon as I got in the car, before I had touched anything other than the door handle, I noticed there was some static coming from the speaker on the passenger's side door. It continued when I started the car and while I drove to work, when I turned the radio on/off, when I turned the volume up/down, and it even continued after the car was turned off and the door opened (which shut off the radio) and was still doing it when I closed the door and went in to work. The volume or frequency/rhythm of the static doesn't change no matter what I do. I even tried messing with the drive mode switches. As a shot in the dark, I tried disconnecting the battery for about an hour and no luck in getting it to go away.

Last night I rolled the windows down with the fob when I got home from work (took our Jeep to work yesterday). I later went out to the garage and stuck my head inside the car without touching or doing anything, no noise. Pushed the unlock button on the fob so that the lights and radio display come on, no noise. Grab the door handle and open the door, noise starts. Close the door and hit the lock button, noise continues until 30 secs or so after the lights and radio shut off. Noise is only coming from the passengers lower side door speaker, nowhere else. I disconnected the battery over night and when I reconnected it this morning and opened the door, noise returned.

For what it's worth, there is no radar detector, dash cam, stereo modifications or even anything plugged into the USB or 12v ports. Anyone have any ideas what this could be or do I just have to go to the dealership for troubleshooting? I posted a video clip of what it's doing. You may have to turn your volume up to hear it.

Sponsored

Zeromaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
I have this on both 350s. Tried to bring it in but the guys can’t hear it and insist its fine. I guess with the low volume static noise and the loud ambient sounds at the dealership make it difficult to hear.

OP
OP
Tribefan

Tribefan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I have this on both 350s. Tried to bring it in but the guys can’t hear it and insist its fine. I guess with the low volume static noise and the loud ambient sounds at the dealership make it difficult to hear.
Seriously? They couldn't even hear it inside the car with the doors and windows closed?!

datadatum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT350
Consider using FORScan to turn off the sound enhancement "feature."

I realize this doesn't apply to an "R" model, but I had a similar observation not long after purchasing my GT350 with the comfort seats... Came to realize that the I was hearing the whir of the seat cooling system. LOL

NoXiDe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
I suggest doing what datadatum as suggested. All of my unusual rattle and static notices went away after I disabled this. While you're in here since you're in here, you may as well enable the R screensaver.

Sponsored

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
Monday, on my way to work, as soon as I got in the car, before I had touched anything other than the door handle, I noticed there was some static coming from the speaker on the passenger's side door. It continued when I started the car and while I drove to work, when I turned the radio on/off, when I turned the volume up/down, and it even continued after the car was turned off and the door opened (which shut off the radio) and was still doing it when I closed the door and went in to work. The volume or frequency/rhythm of the static doesn't change no matter what I do. I even tried messing with the drive mode switches. As a shot in the dark, I tried disconnecting the battery for about an hour and no luck in getting it to go away.

Last night I rolled the windows down with the fob when I got home from work (took our Jeep to work yesterday). I later went out to the garage and stuck my head inside the car without touching or doing anything, no noise. Pushed the unlock button on the fob so that the lights and radio display come on, no noise. Grab the door handle and open the door, noise starts. Close the door and hit the lock button, noise continues until 30 secs or so after the lights and radio shut off. Noise is only coming from the passengers lower side door speaker, nowhere else. I disconnected the battery over night and when I reconnected it this morning and opened the door, noise returned.

For what it's worth, there is no radar detector, dash cam, stereo modifications or even anything plugged into the USB or 12v ports. Anyone have any ideas what this could be or do I just have to go to the dealership for troubleshooting? I posted a video clip of what it's doing. You may have to turn your volume up to hear it.

That sounds like a bad ground or speaker connection.

Wizo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R; 2019 Raptor; 2018 GX470
I had air cooled seats in my Shelby F150 and when the passenger one was turned on (I leave them always on) - it would make a static noise as well. I shut it off and instant sanity was returned to me...for the time being at least.

19-kilo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Colin
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R, 2011 SVT Raptor, 6.2L
Consider using FORScan to turn off the sound enhancement "feature."

I realize this doesn't apply to an "R" model, but I had a similar observation not long after purchasing my GT350 with the comfort seats... Came to realize that the I was hearing the whir of the seat cooling system. LOL
how do you do this? I have an GT350R and Im getting constant static from the speakers.

Sponsored

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
how do you do this? I have an GT350R and Im getting constant static from the speakers.
Not as daunting as it seems. Read the first post in the thread @NoXiDe posted.to get the basics of using Forscan

Then hit the magnifying button to seach the thread. When that window opens, hit the gear button. Enter ‘Engine sound’, ‘enhancement’ or any other related term then hit the ‘Search this thread only’ button. You should get a few pages of results to look through rather than the whole thread..

Khris

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Christian
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT 2022

Did you find the fix? Cause I just got my Ford Mustang Ecoboost and I have and appointment tomorrow at the dealer. To be honest after reading the posts of people having the same issue not sure to take it or not. My issue is exactly how you described it. Thanks

Voodoo Velocity

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 / 2016 Acura RLX Sport Hybrid
Guilty here on that too. Except I took it to the dealer and reported a speaker / audio hiss. DOH!

OP
OP
Tribefan

Tribefan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Did you find the fix? Cause I just got my Ford Mustang Ecoboost and I have and appointment tomorrow at the dealer. To be honest after reading the posts of people having the same issue not sure to take it or not. My issue is exactly how you described it. Thanks
No I haven't gotten around to bringing it in yet. And since I have the Recaros I know for sure it's not the fan in the heated/cooled seats that I'm hearing. It's obvious static and I keep forgetting about it until I hear it when I'm in the car. :facepalm:

madlag

Snake Charmer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R, 2022 GT500
No I haven't gotten around to bringing it in yet. And since I have the Recaros I know for sure it's not the fan in the heated/cooled seats that I'm hearing. It's obvious static and I keep forgetting about it until I hear it when I'm in the car. :facepalm:
Imagine if you will, knowing someone with FORscan, the cable and a heated/cooled garage to do work in. Imagine also that you'd been there before, knew the way and would be amongst friends; you're still procrastinating about the geographical oddity of a 90 min drive. Welcome, to the "350 Zone"...
1*uvnwMDOs1yyPsB71Bmm8lg.jpeg
Sponsored