Sponsored

WTF? Carbon Cartel (Carbonplug.com) Ordered something in Jan, never heard back!

Scott

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium PP1, 2008 Mustang GT/CS, 1970 Boss 302
Vehicle Showcase
Well I got them finally after almost 3 months ano no contact. Very happy with the finished product. Looking forward to getting these on the car. Just to reiterate they are an oem ford cap and will fit perfectly sure to this.

FAEC4847-12F8-4D38-92E7-BC6DFD9A9918.jpeg
Just a follow up, have you had a chance to install them?

My driver's side one went on perfectly. The OEM cap was easy to take off and the Carbon Cartel snapped right on. However, I am struggling with the passenger's side. The OEM cap was much harder to get off and I can't get the top clips to lock on the Carbon Cartel cap. On the top there is a 1/16 to 1/8" gap that needs to be closed before the clips will engage.
Sponsored

Semp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1 Magneride

My driver's side one went on perfectly. The OEM cap was easy to take off and the Carbon Cartel snapped right on. However, I am struggling with the passenger's side. The OEM cap was much harder to get off and I can't get the top clips to lock on the Carbon Cartel cap. On the top there is a 1/16 to 1/8" gap that needs to be closed before the clips will engage.
I have not yet. But realistically you shouldn’t have a problem. They’re FORD OEM caps. Not replicas. I will have my shop do it. When the weather gets a little warmer. No rush really. I’m mot bothering with messing with it.

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase

Maybe snap the top side on first then the bottom ?

Red_fox487

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Took the plunge on a bunch of Carbon parts from Carbon Cartel back on Dec 20th. let's hope ole Dan at Carbon Cartel actually delivers. I'll post again if and when parts show up. I have till May of 2021 to file a claim with my credit card should things not pan out.... so if any of you reading this wanna chance it make sure you use a credit card with purchase protection.

Sponsored

Semp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Red_fox487

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
I could be wrong but I don’t think Carbon Cartel has ever not delivered. My issue is what if something gets lost or comes damaged. They legit don’t answer emails so how would you go about getting a refund besides going through your credit card. And that night not pan out.
Exactly my thoughts. And I seriously hope they do deliver. especially since im dropping nearly 4k. No cheap endeavor. Before I ordered , I called my credit card company and asked. How much time do I have before I can no longer make a claim.( In in my case 6 months), and what happens if I recieve the product and am not satisfied in the event I cannot get customer service from said product seller. Both are covered with Citi Bank. Not only does citi Bank cover me but I would recommend anyone use paypal or some tyoe of carmember service that protects you as a buyer. or..have a legal shield membership for situations like this. For all I know, Perhaps Dan is just not very tech savy or hates email or whatever or maybe he has a habit. Hell, a simple email would make people feel more at ease. Just CYA is what I'm saying for the buyer. I absolutely see your point of view and agree.

Semp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Exactly my thoughts. And I seriously hope they do deliver. especially since im dropping nearly 4k. No cheap endeavor. Before I ordered , I called my credit card company and asked. How much time do I have before I can no longer make a claim.( In in my case 6 months), and what happens if I recieve the product and am not satisfied in the event I cannot get customer service from said product seller. Both are covered with Citi Bank. Not only does citi Bank cover me but I would recommend anyone use paypal or some tyoe of carmember service that protects you as a buyer. or..have a legal shield membership for situations like this. For all I know, Perhaps Dan is just not very tech savy or hates email or whatever or maybe he has a habit. Hell, a simple email would make people feel more at ease. Just CYA is what I'm saying for the buyer. I absolutely see your point of view and agree.
$4k? Sheesh. What are you buying every interior and exterior part they offer plus accessories? Lol.

Red_fox487

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
$4k? Sheesh. What are you buying every interior and exterior part they offer plus accessories? Lol.
Your not kidding🤦🏽‍♂️.. Not even close though. lol . Stuff is just pricey.. I wouldn't do any exterior pieces.. I haven't seen any exterior pieces last with sun exposure over time. Maybe with the right clear coat.. I was at the Ford dealer recently poking at a Gt500 with the track package. All that carbon looks unreal. I wounder how it will hold up over time.
This is what I decided on-

Dash Kit
Center console
Rear console piece
Door handles and surround
Door handles inserts
Window switch covers
Custom steering wheel
Steering wheel inserts

Last edited:

Larrabee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Paxton GT mustang
I ordered from this shit bag company a month ago now. Dunno how the hell they think running a businesss like this is ok. Doing a charge back for my order and going else where. Smh

Sponsored

Semp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I ordered from this shit bag company a month ago now. Dunno how the hell they think running a businesss like this is ok. Doing a charge back for my order and going else where. Smh
I’ll be honest I know it’s frustrating but give them like 2 total months. The parts are of very high quality and usually worth the wait. They just need to run their business better.

Point45

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
josh
Vehicle(s)
19 gt350, 05 tacoma, 10 Ducati 1098SF
Im waiting on a portion of my order that I ordered in july, first piece came in 2 months and was noted that the rest would ship the following month.

Im about to do a charge back on this which is odd because ive neve had to do that before.

Larrabee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Paxton GT mustang
Im waiting on a portion of my order that I ordered in july, first piece came in 2 months and was noted that the rest would ship the following month.

Im about to do a charge back on this which is odd because ive neve had to do that before.

I’m gonna be doing the same shortly. I’ve sent them 5 messages with no reply. Just glad I started off only spending 200 with them, I wanted to see the quality before I spent another 2-3k with them. Horrible business practices they are leaving so much money on the table.

Semp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

That is a ridiculous wait time. I would say justified at this point. No excuses with no responses.

Last edited: