Sponsored

WTF? Carbon Cartel (Carbonplug.com) Ordered something in Jan, never heard back!

Semp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1 Magneride
Well I now am going on week 7 from when I placed an order for mirror cap replacements and no contact at all. I’ve sent a few emails and I know things are delayed but not even a response over 7 weeks. Part of me is starting to think maybe this time around they’re keeping the money and not fulfilling the orders. Let me know if any one else has waited 7 weeks or more for mirrors or anything else from them. Longest I waited prior was 1 month. and I get it but this is nutty.
Sponsored

erolivas

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
'20 Shelby GT500, '18 Raptor, '15 STi,'11 Frontier
Dang man that sucks. I was hoping you were going to have some good news.

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
How did you pay for it, most processes will pull the funds back for non delivery. I don't wait too long and 7 wks is too long.

Semp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
How did you pay for it, most processes will pull the funds back for non delivery. I don't wait too long and 7 wks is too long.
I paid with debit. I believe Apple Pay. I’m gonna have to do something because I have emailed this guy probably 6 times. I do one a week and now it’s going on week 10. I mean listen if it takes 12 weeks to make I get it. But there should’ve been at least 1 response to my email. I literally can’t trust this company any more. I’m going to wait until exactly 3 months which is Dec1 and then basically make the claim on it through my bank. I am shocked they are still in business after this. It’s extremely crazy and unheard of and a shame.

Last edited:

Scott

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium PP1, 2008 Mustang GT/CS, 1970 Boss 302
Vehicle Showcase
Hope you get them soon man! they are amazing! Keep me updated!
Received an email from Carbon Cartel this morning that they have shipped with a tracking number. Just patiently waiting now for when they actually enter the postal system.
Looked for a USPS update this morning since close to a week has passed since mailing label created. This is what I received:

"A shipping label has been prepared for your item at 11:08 am on October 22, 2020 in CINCINNATI, OH 45211. This does not indicate receipt by the USPS or the actual mailing date."

The saga continues.
I am in Canada and the package was delivered to my US address on November 20th. It entered the postal system on November 18th, almost a month after the shipping label was created October 22nd. Package is in Canada now and I will update on the quality after I pick it up next week.

Sponsored

Semp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I am in Canada and the package was delivered to my US address on November 20th. It entered the postal system on November 18th, almost a month after the shipping label was created October 22nd. Package is in Canada now and I will update on the quality after I pick it up next week.
I am in the US and am still waiting for even a shipping label to be created and it’s been 2 months. The company is still clearly up and running they added a discount code on their site for Black Friday. Unfortunately you never know when you’ll get the order.

Scott

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Picked up my mirror cap replacements this morning. First of all, in my opinion the caps where clearly worth the wait. Carbon Cartel supplied a very high-quality product. The replacement caps are made using Ford OEM covers and are carbon fiber coated perfectly. While I have yet to try them on the car as I am still researching how the OEM caps come off, I am sure they will have an OEM fit.

1PtfyNY.jpg

HMEJ4TT.jpg

8OD0ZW4.jpg

HTYe4nU.jpg

4BzUI9U.jpg

Semp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Picked up my mirror cap replacements this morning. First of all, in my opinion the caps where clearly worth the wait. Carbon Cartel supplied a very high-quality product. The replacement caps are made using Ford OEM covers and are carbon fiber coated perfectly. While I have yet to try them on the car as I am still researching how the OEM caps come off, I am sure they will have an OEM fit.

1PtfyNY.jpg

HMEJ4TT.jpg

8OD0ZW4.jpg

HTYe4nU.jpg

4BzUI9U.jpg
How long did it take from when you placed the order. I’m waiting 2 months now from date of order.

Scott

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
How long did it take from when you placed the order. I’m waiting 2 months now from date of order.
Sequence:

Order – August 23rd

Order Confirmation Email – August 23rd

Shipping Label Email – October 22nd

Package Actually Received by Post Office – November 18th

Package Delivered to my US Address – November 20th

Hope this helps

Semp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sequence:

Order – August 23rd

Order Confirmation Email – August 23rd

Shipping Label Email – October 22nd

Package Actually Received by Post Office – November 18th

Package Delivered to my US Address – November 20th

Hope this helps
Alright so im running a little behind you. Lol. No label and it’s been over 2 months now. I’ll give it until January 1st then I’m cancelling through my bank. Unacceptable at that point. Really not that serious. This guy really needs to run his business better Or people need to stop ordering from him So he learns to run it better. He has literally no way of contacting him And Dorst repsond to emails. The Social media is non existent. He basically lIves off word of mo8th on this forum and I’m sure a few others. Kinda messed up that there’s zero respect or appreciation for customers.

Sponsored

Scott

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Alright so im running a little behind you. Lol. No label and it’s been over 2 months now. I’ll give it until January 1st then I’m cancelling through my bank. Unacceptable at that point. Really not that serious. This guy really needs to run his business better Or people need to stop ordering from him So he learns to run it better. He has literally no way of contacting him And Dorst repsond to emails. The Social media is non existent. He basically lIves off word of mo8th on this forum and I’m sure a few others. Kinda messed up that there’s zero respect or appreciation for customers.
If it was the mirror cap replacements you were ordering then I think he is the only one who takes OEM caps and mods them and for $299 they are a bargain when you compare to the stick on caps from Trufiber at $249.

Semp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If it was the mirror cap replacements you were ordering then I think he is the only one who takes OEM caps and mods them and for $299 they are a bargain when you compare to the stick on caps from Trufiber at $249.
Well, weird coincidence looks like they claim shipment. So I assume another 10 days. Lol. Hope it works out. Sure it will. But to piggy back your comment. Yes they are the only ones that make cap replacements using oem ford caps. Which is in my opinion the best way to do it which is why I ordered from them. But here’s the thing what good is this if they fail to keep in touch with customers when they have concerns or even want to know how long the wait normally is. I mean cmon. They need to start running their business better. Pretty decent products and I have a few from them but horrible customer service.

Eddi3ownz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eddie
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, f150
Well, weird coincidence looks like they claim shipment. So I assume another 10 days. Lol. Hope it works out. Sure it will. But to piggy back your comment. Yes they are the only ones that make cap replacements using oem ford caps. Which is in my opinion the best way to do it which is why I ordered from them. But here’s the thing what good is this if they fail to keep in touch with customers when they have concerns or even want to know how long the wait normally is. I mean cmon. They need to start running their business better. Pretty decent products and I have a few from them but horrible customer service.
ever get yours?

Semp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ever get yours?
Still waiting. This guy always does this. He emails you and says your part has shipped but when you check k it’s just a shipment label created. Usually it doesn’t matter because it’s a difference of a week or two from when you order but the crazy thing is this is almost a full 3 months since order date. He should notate on the product that they’re custom made and not kept in stock and will not ship right away. But hopefully it’s worth it like I hope.

Semp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well I got them finally after almost 3 months ano no contact. Very happy with the finished product. Looking forward to getting these on the car. Just to reiterate they are an oem ford cap and will fit perfectly sure to this.

FAEC4847-12F8-4D38-92E7-BC6DFD9A9918.jpeg
Sponsored

Last edited: