Sponsored

WTF? Carbon Cartel (Carbonplug.com) Ordered something in Jan, never heard back!

Mr. Met

06 Time Person ofthe Year
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
2020 GTPP Premium, 2015 GT Premium, 1999 Expedition EB
I came here looking for a coupon code as I have $900 in my shopping cart but reading all the reviews not sure I want to take a chance with this company.
Same. I wanted to order about $3k worth of stuff. I have emailed three times, as I had a question, and never got a response.
Sponsored

MGTWRS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Maria
Vehicle(s)
Audi RS7
Hi there, I just wanted to jump in to let you know my experience with carbon plug. I ordered some carbon mirror caps for my car. Not even 8 months later the carbon started changing and now looks wavy. I tried contacting carbon plug but no response, no reply, nothing. If you buy their product, be prepared for no assistance should there be any problems with it. I could not find anywhere on google where I could write a review so seeing as this was posted, I want to pass on my experience so you know what you are getting into.
Have a great day.

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
Unfortunately, this is becoming the norm with some companies....and they can't blame it all on COVID.

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
Pro tip: If you live in a sun beaten state like I do, I would recommend another heavy coat of clear.

I've found that some companies clearcoat quality and thickness varies greatly. I'm having issues already with 1 piece and my car is always garaged. In an effort to resolve that I've had all my recent pieces cleared again with a heavy coat.

I should've done that from the beginning.

Scott

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium PP1, 2008 Mustang GT/CS, 1970 Boss 302
Vehicle Showcase
Hope you get them soon man! they are amazing! Keep me updated!
Received an email from Carbon Cartel this morning that they have shipped with a tracking number. Just patiently waiting now for when they actually enter the postal system.

Sponsored

Scott

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium PP1, 2008 Mustang GT/CS, 1970 Boss 302
Vehicle Showcase
Looked for a USPS update this morning since close to a week has passed since mailing label created. This is what I received:

"A shipping label has been prepared for your item at 11:08 am on October 22, 2020 in CINCINNATI, OH 45211. This does not indicate receipt by the USPS or the actual mailing date."

The saga continues.

Eddi3ownz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eddie
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, f150
Mine took only 3 days after the label was created until it actually shipped. I hope things work out! keep me informed! :)

skinnysaurus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
In regards to my shift boot bezel order it looks perfect. The piece is definitely of high quality and the weave is well done and even looking. The adhesive on the bottom is properly installed to evenly distribute stick to all areas and adds no height to the piece after install. My only gripe is a very little unnoticeable area of chrome/satin of the original bezel on the inside of the bezel where the boot connects peeks through. But that really is me nit picking. As you can see in the pic below you can’t really see it at all. On a separate note like I said it took 5 days to get from time of order. I was emailed by them instantly with a receipt and told that it shipped with a usps email with updates. Happy with the experience. But they definitely do not answer emails and have no phone number so it is concerning to say the least especially if something came defective or damaged, which is why I took a shot with the bezel. They’re the only company that makes an actual bezel piece and not a sticker and it wasn’t so expensive that if I lost the money on it I would’ve been fine with it just a little butt hurt. Lol.
D5524F48-F59C-4F00-A2BF-412C2ABE299E.jpeg
Where did you get this shift knob. Looks sweet.

Semp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1 Magneride
Where did you get this shift knob. Looks sweet.
Raceseng. Ashiko big bore translucent 1.6lb weighted. It’s great but I changed to their slammer big bore because I wasn’t into the shape on my hand. Some people like this shape better. I like the rounded knob instead Plus I wanted textured grip. But this is great. Just make sure you get big bore versions. Be ready to pay though because these knobs aren’t cheap. But fully worth it. Improves the MT82 and any short shifter greatly.

Semp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I ordered mirror cap replacements a month ago now and no response from carbon cartel on emails or anything. Whatever. I’ll give it a little longer but this is really bad that they have such a bad business structure in place. I’ve never had an issue with them and as long as I get it soon I don’t consider this an issue but the whole fail to respond to email thing is crazy.

Sponsored

erolivas

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
'20 Shelby GT500, '18 Raptor, '15 STi,'11 Frontier
I was thinking about ordering the mirror cap replacements as well. Please post your reviews of the mirror replacement caps. Thanks!

Semp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I was thinking about ordering the mirror cap replacements as well. Please post your reviews of the mirror replacement caps. Thanks!
I will once they finally arrive. Lol or even ship for that matter. Been 1 month now.

erolivas

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
I’ve found couple of other vendors such as Shelby and MPR Performance, but the cost is 2x that of Carbon Cartel.

Semp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I’ve found couple of other vendors such as Shelby and MPR Performance, but the cost is 2x that of Carbon Cartel.
They aren’t direct clip replacements. MPR and Shelby American both require epoxy and have no clips. I’ve spoken to both them directly. Also Shelby doesn’t make them another manufacturer does and they sell them as their own. Shelby doesn’t make any of their actual body kit parts to be totally honest. They just get stamped Shelby American after they’re made. Carbon Cartel at the moment is the only company that makes the caps this way. I believe they overlay carbon on a real Ford cap to get a perfect fit which is the best way to do it and the same way Ford makes the carbon fiber dash for their cars. MPR will do the same for you for about a grand. If you want flawless that’s worth it too.

Last edited:

erolivas

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for the info. I knew that MPR you had to used epoxy, but I did not know that about the Shelby caps. It looks like I might have to take the plunge with Carbon Cartel.
Sponsored