WTF? Carbon Cartel (Carbonplug.com) Ordered something in Jan, never heard back!

Discussion in 'Seller / Vendor Reviews and Feedback' started by NickBlack, Mar 4, 2019.

1. JohnBoyNC

JohnBoyNC Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    2015 GT PP
    Rating:
    100%
    2   0   0
    I have those same door handle inserts. I love the way they illuminate at night with the ambient lighting.

2. trojannemo

trojannemo Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Yemil
    Vehicle(s):
    2017 GT Convertible
    Attorney
    0   0   0
    Just realized I posted those pics in the wrong carbon thread. Ooops. I'll let them stay for now :-)

3. trojannemo

trojannemo Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Yemil
    Vehicle(s):
    2017 GT Convertible
    Attorney
    0   0   0
    Re: Carbon Cartel/Carbon Plug

Overnight between the 26 and 27th day of my order - I got my entire order refunded. I still have yet to get an email response from this guy. But I guess he gave up and just refunded me. So now i'm out a month and I still don't have the CF pieces I wanted. Should have ordered elsewhere.

4. TheGame1190

TheGame1190 06 Time Person ofthe Year

First Name:
    JJ
    Vehicle(s):
    2015 GT Premium, 1999 Expedition EB
    Armed Guard
    0   0   0
    Thats why I keep hesitating from ordering from him. Does anyone know another place that sells full replacement pieces like the window switches and door handles?

5. Mootang

Mootang Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Henry
    Vehicle(s):
    2017 Mustang GT
    Rating:
    100%
    2   0   0
    Nope, so far he is the only one. That or do what he does, buy the oem part and laid down the carbon and resin yourself (at least that is my understanding of his business). Nice DIY project and once you do one, the rest is easy. Meaning you can pretty much laid down carbon fiber an whatever parts you want, even other OEM pieces to make it look like a replacement rather than overlays. I wish I try it, but no patience and time at the moment to do it.

6. Semp1

Semp1 Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    2018 Mustang GT PP1 Magneride
    0   0   0
    I don’t know I ordered the shift bezel and the delivery date was 6 days from order. It shipped from Ohio.

7. Semp1

Semp1 Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    2018 Mustang GT PP1 Magneride
    0   0   0
    #22 Semp1, Sep 5, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2019
    In regards to my shift boot bezel order it looks perfect. The piece is definitely of high quality and the weave is well done and even looking. The adhesive on the bottom is properly installed to evenly distribute stick to all areas and adds no height to the piece after install. My only gripe is a very little unnoticeable area of chrome/satin of the original bezel on the inside of the bezel where the boot connects peeks through. But that really is me nit picking. As you can see in the pic below you can’t really see it at all. On a separate note like I said it took 5 days to get from time of order. I was emailed by them instantly with a receipt and told that it shipped with a usps email with updates. Happy with the experience. But they definitely do not answer emails and have no phone number so it is concerning to say the least especially if something came defective or damaged, which is why I took a shot with the bezel. They’re the only company that makes an actual bezel piece and not a sticker and it wasn’t so expensive that if I lost the money on it I would’ve been fine with it just a little butt hurt. Lol. D5524F48-F59C-4F00-A2BF-412C2ABE299E.jpeg