Sponsored

WTF? Carbon Cartel (Carbonplug.com) Ordered something in Jan, never heard back!

BuckeyeGT350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350 Race Red, 2018 GMC Sierra Denali
Was about to order from CC but glad I found this thread. Definitely not worth the money and frustration. No idea how this company is still in business.
Sponsored

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP Whipple Stage 2
Will do! Hoping for the best
I never ordered from them for they give no contact info other than a for, no phone number. They are probably not operating in the US and that is a no go for me. Good luck

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
I never ordered from them for they give no contact info other than a for, no phone number. They are probably not operating in the US and that is a no go for me. Good luck
Time out! There are two Carbon Cartel's.

Carbon Cartel #1 is in West Palm Beach, Florida.
https://carbon-cartel.com/

Carbon Cartel #2 could be in Ohio.
https://carbonplug.com/

Miscellaneous
Your use of this site shall be governed in all respects by the laws of the state of Ohio, U.S.A., without regard to choice of law provisions, and not by the 1980 U.N. Convention on contracts for the international sale of goods. You agree that jurisdiction over and venue in any legal proceeding directly or indirectly arising out of or relating to this site (including but not limited to the purchase of Carbon Cartel products) shall be in the state or federal courts located in Hamilton County, Ohio. Any cause of action or claim you may have with respect to the site (including but not limited to the purchase of Carbon Cartel products) must be commenced within one (1) year after the claim or cause of action arises. Carbon Cartel's failure to insist upon or enforce strict performance of any provision of these terms and conditions shall not be construed as a waiver of any provision or right. Neither the course of conduct between the parties nor trade practice shall act to modify any of these terms and conditions. Carbon Cartel may assign its rights and duties under this Agreement to any party at any time without notice to you.

BuckeyeGT350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
Looks like Carbon Cartel just makes steering wheels for the Ford Mustang? I think everyone is ordering from carbon plug - then when you go to their website it says carbon cartel for some reason.

Someone please correct me if I am wrong.

Dan (not the Dan from Carbon Plug)

P.S. I live in Cincinnati and noticed the Ohio address from the package one forum member posted and thought about driving to it to see what it is. Seems like just a distribution center or something.

Semp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1 Magneride
Looks like Carbon Cartel just makes steering wheels for the Ford Mustang? I think everyone is ordering from carbon plug - then when you go to their website it says carbon cartel for some reason.

Someone please correct me if I am wrong.

Dan (not the Dan from Carbon Plug)

P.S. I live in Cincinnati and noticed the Ohio address from the package one forum member posted and thought about driving to it to see what it is. Seems like just a distribution center or something.
“carbon Cartel” is the fake Carbon Plug. I don’t know why carbon plug didn’t officially change their name. The site used to work for them now when you put carbon cartel in it brings up that bootleg site.

Sponsored

BuckeyeGT350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
carbon-cartel.com has a facebook messenger function and they respond within a few minutes. I was chatting with someone earlier regarding an alcantara airbag cover.

I think carbon plug is the shady one. No?

Semp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
carbon-cartel.com has a facebook messenger function and they respond within a few minutes. I was chatting with someone earlier regarding an alcantara airbag cover.

I think carbon plug is the shady one. No?
Listen. I will say this. Carbon plug is the one people and myself have been using for years on this forum. They’re just terrible at customer service. Carbon cartel is new. That sites link used to go to carbon plug. I don’t know what’s happened since in regards to that link

mustangdavid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
david
Vehicle(s)
audi sq5
I have used them (carbon plug) several times. Sometimes stuff comes in three weeks sometimes it takes literally four or five months... But it has always arrived.

Everyone is quite correct though they have virtually no customer service: they never answer an email and they have no phone number.

once they sent me 2 driver side window switch overlays. It took three months for them to get to my house and then getting a return label and the new product took another two months.

stuff looks REALLY GOOD tho, esp the Matte CF

Semp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just to let some of you guys see some other great stuff from Carbon Cartel/Plug. I just received this shift boot Bezel replacement. It took just under 3 weeks and I was shocked considering OEM ford pieecs are used for this and the mirror replacements took 2 months. clearly a new bezel was used and I was happy to see that as the lockout was wrapped the way it comes from Ford. I do believe pre used mirror caps are used but could be wrong and I also do not care. Alot of companies do this. any way I already had the shift boot bezel overlay and now about a year after they started making the full replacement I finally received the full boot and bezel replacement As I wasn’t happy with the overlay because a small amount of satin chrome from the original bezel was slightly visible. but I’m super happy with the quality as I always am and fortunately I haven’t had an issue yet with Carbon Cartel/Plug, but I can imagine if I did. They have been great so far.

27CA217F-9421-4834-A355-37CE505AA5E5.jpeg
Sponsored