• ATTENTION SELLERS: All users who wish to sell in the marketplace are REQUIRED to abide by the following RULES. If a sales thread/post does not comply, it is subject to DELETION without notice.

ATTENTION BUYERS: If you see a non-compliant sales thread, please REPORT the thread and take CAUTION when transacting.

Rule #1 - Post a picture of the actual item you are selling (NO stock photos).
    Rule #2 - The picture must include a REAL piece of paper with your Username and the Date written on it next to the product you are selling. NO photoshop or digitally edited photos are allowed.
    Rule #3 - NO "feeler" threads are permitted. This section is only for items that are actually available and ready to be sold currently.
    Rule #4 - The listing must include an asking price. OBO (or best offer) is allowed but it must be accompanied by an asking price.
    Rule #5 - No "threadcrapping." Classifieds threads are not meant for negative discussions. Comments on pricing are not allowed. Only people with genuine questions and interest in the item for sale should be posting in the classifieds threads.
Sponsored

Undisclosed WTB Pony Package trunk panel/emblem

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
I only need the emblem, so seller can remove it from whatever panel it's on if they want it or to save having to box and ship such a large item.

I could never find a part number for just the emblem and dealers all say it only come on a panel.

The problem is the new panel is ~$600 ($850 MSRP), while the same blank panel from FP is ~$200. Not interested in paying ~$400 for an emblem.

So, best case would be a local trashed panel with removable pristine emblem (yes, I still believe in Santa Clause).

Not interested in any other tri-bar except the one from a Pony Package trunk panel ( JR3Z-6342528-CF ).

1652833966972.png
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
HoosierDaddy

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Bump. If you took the panel off your Pony Package car, PM me. You can even keep the panel since I'll replace that part anyway. Just need the emblem.

Last edited:

RookieDDZ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
Why not ask for the whole panel, might have better luck that way.

Asking someone to part out something like that will be a tuff one.

OP
OP
HoosierDaddy

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP

Sponsored

OP
OP
HoosierDaddy

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Why not ask for the whole panel, might have better luck that way.

Asking someone to part out something like that will be a tuff one.
Will edit to make clearer. I didn't expect anyone to have just an emblem. But since a used panel has a 99% chance of being scratched, I'd be throwing it away. And even if unscratched, if I could replace the GT on my pre-18 panel would rather have that than the 18+ panels with the horizontal lines.

So basically, if they are easy to remove from a panel already off a car, why box a whole panel and pay the ridiculous shipping surcharge for something as long as a panel.

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
Sometimes it cost some to get what we want. Have you tried a junkyard, like the TV show, hell look them up?

So basically if they are easy to remove. You're basically taking a chance it will get fuked up in the process.

I would want to do my own removal on a piece like that.

Different strokes..

OP
OP
HoosierDaddy

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
bump

OP
OP
HoosierDaddy

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
bump

OP
OP
HoosierDaddy

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Bump

Sponsored

Buldawg76

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Ecoboost, Rapid Red Premium
The emblem is not easy to remove from the panel since it is plastic and has studs that are melted on the back side of the panel to secure emblem in place to look like a rivet. To remove just the emblem, you would need to cut or grind the melted portion of plastic away for the emblem to be released from the panel.

Then not sure if the removed emblem could be attached to your panel, it may be possible if you can drill small holes in remaining portion of plastic studs and secure with small screws but have not done so myself so it's just a guess at best. That is why you cannot buy just the emblem by itself.

Mine has the pony package panel/emblem and I acquired a GT500 rear panel and was going to swap the cobra snake emblem on to my panel but saw that the snake is held on by the melted plastic studs and was not sure if it was possible to swap per above method. I do not want to destroy a perfect GT500 panel to find out.

BD

Last edited:
OP
OP
HoosierDaddy

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
The emblem is not easy to remove from the panel since it is plastic and has studs that are melted on the back side of the panel to secure emblem in place to look like a rivet. To remove just the emblem, you would need to cut or grind the melted portion of plastic away for the emblem to be released from the panel.

Then not sure if the removed emblem could be attached to your panel, it may be possible if you can drill small holes in remaining portion of plastic studs and secure with small screws but have not done so myself so it's just a guess at best. That is why you cannot buy just the emblem by itself.

Mine has the pony package panel/emblem and I acquired a GT500 rear panel and was going to swap the cobra snake emblem on to my panel but saw that the snake is held on by the melted plastic studs and was not sure if it was possible to swap per above method. I do not want to destroy a perfect GT500 panel to find out.

BD
Thanks. But I prefer my pre-18 panel without the horizontal bars on both sides of whatever emblem. So, even if someone is selling a pristine panel with pony, I would likely try to transfer the emblem to my existing panel. And with all the complaints about the panels themselves getting scratched if looked at funny, probably not likely to find a pristine one anyway.

I can't tell for sure from your post if you do have a panel with pony to sell or not. If you do, I can understand you not wanting to try to remove the emblem, and I would buy the whole thing for the right price.

Buldawg76

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Ecoboost, Rapid Red Premium
Thanks. But I prefer my pre-18 panel without the horizontal bars on both sides of whatever emblem. So, even if someone is selling a pristine panel with pony, I would likely try to transfer the emblem to my existing panel. And with all the complaints about the panels themselves getting scratched if looked at funny, probably not likely to find a pristine one anyway.

I can't tell for sure from your post if you do have a panel with pony to sell or not. If you do, I can understand you not wanting to try to remove the emblem, and I would buy the whole thing for the right price.
I don't have a panel with the tri bar pony for sale, it's the panel that's on my 2020 ecoboost now since it has the pony package option.

I understand you want to keep your pre -18 panel without the horizontal bars on either side of the emblem.

I was just letting you know how the emblem is secured to the panel so you would understand why it's not sold separately from the panel in case you were not aware of how it is secured to panel.

You could very likely reattach the emblem to your panel with screws if you can find just the emblem providing it was removed very carefully from 18+ panel to preserve as much length of the plastic studs as possible, but that would be a big gamble IMO.

You would have a better chance of finding and buying a used panel with emblem and removing emblem yourself IMO. I understand the shipping of complete panel would be higher indeed. Maybe you can find one used that the seller would be willing to cut the panel down to just the sides of emblem on each side to reduce shipping and allow you to remove emblem from panel piece.

I would sell the GT500 panel for the right price if anyone is interested. It was a warranty take off due to backup camera incorrectly mounted in it.

Hope that clarifies my previous response to your thread.

BD
Sponsored