Bridgie

Bridgie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT fastback. PP, 50th trim, Black
I have just received notification that my origin, post has been moved..
Now it will blend into obscurity in a site feedback section.

Surely it is the sites obligation to protect its genuine members from fraud or scams.
TO the MODERATORS.. maybe a sticky in the WTB section, which advises members of potential Scams and fake members are operating.
That the buyer should validate and take certain precautions for protection. With a report promise to investigate / ban scammers from the site.

My original post was a rant, but also a message to those who were/are as stupid and trusting as myself..

Buyers Beware..!!!!!
Sponsored

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
It sucks you dealt with this. I’ve sold and bought quite a few things on here. No issue’s. Some have and are expensive transactions. I always give my phone number to the buyer. They need to bring back the seller feedback.

I have just received notification that my origin, post has been moved..
Now it will blend into obscurity in a site feedback section.

Surely it is the sites obligation to protect its genuine members from fraud or scams.
TO the MODERATORS.. maybe a sticky in the WTB section, which advises members of potential Scams and fake members are operating.
That the buyer should validate and take certain precautions for protection. With a report promise to investigate / ban scammers from the site.

My original post was a rant, but also a message to those who were/are as stupid and trusting as myself..

Buyers Beware..!!!!!

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
#RANT.
I have posted a couple of WTB’s over the few years, I get inundated with scam contacts wanting to let me know that some guy called Roger has whatever I need for sale. It takes a few mails and an assessment of their quality of English to realize that they are a scam seller…
I’ve had this on Rims, Race seats, cage and a few more..
When the integrity of the seller is questioned and their forum membership investigated, they all of a sudden stop with their contact and replies.

Step to a recent WTB.. quite an innocent request for someone who has not fitted the harder Diff bushings from Steeda,….
I get a PM, all looks good, a member of some years, was open that he didn’t have the hardware, just bushings.. I checked out his posts, past history and all seemed OK.
We came to. Deal, sale agreed..!
Apple Pay, have his Email address, cell number.

NOTHING for 2 weeks.. no tracking, goods received or response from said member..
Not a great sum of money, but how can the forum mods allow this to happen..?
I have reported the member, but had no feedback from the mods, more text messages..

Then I get a reply.. said “they were sent like last Friday”. Which both he and I know is total Bull.

So.. my advice to anyone buying on this site within the Marketplace.. do your homework.. trust no one.. assume you are being scammed…. It is clearly your responsibility to check as the forum Moderators are not picking up these scam sellers.

I would like to believe that my fake seller has made a genuine mistake, forgot or has been negligent…. But that is a fairy story. I can’t be the only one..!!

#RANTOVER
There has been a sticky at the top of this section for almost a year now:
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...asking-you-to-email-someone-for-parts.145839/

The reason for that sticky was due to some older threads popping up on here with scammers targeting the "WTB" posts... so the Site Owner and MODs are well aware of the issue. It's up to each one of us to do our due diligence with ANY classified or WTB post on here BEFORE paying anyone any money.

This scam is HUGE across all online forums; be very aware of who you are dealing with...

The moment someone offers you a “lead” to another person or email, It’s a SETUP to steal your cash.

I’ve seen it done with rims and big ticket items such as exhausts and intake setups - it’s quick-cash-c-ya-bye for the scammers...

Report your PMs and forum interactions with these scammers directly to the site Admins or MODs.

Also check the post counts of the person reaching out to you offering parts - usually they are “new” and they will have either no forum posts OR their posts will be jibber jabber in non-tech sections of the site. Search their email addresses via Google - folks who are “established” in the online world will usually use the same email or forum User Names and you can find their historical activity. Scammers usually won’t have any online activity and they use Google gmail accounts mainly for their scams. These idiots also use other “10 minute” email services that is an email service that spoofs a genuine email with whatever the user makes up and types in as an email - which could have the extension “gmail” because it’s totally bogus.

Last edited:

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT/A 301A 5.0
Yes, when I posted I wanted to buy a Converter I had several people PM me with no history here saying they had one, and at like half price. LOL.

Michael_vroomvroom

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2020, MT, EU (not quite PP1), Magneride
That sucks. Sounds like OP did his due diligence, seller has a posting history, and OP thought seller looked respectable enough.

We can all do well to stay away from one-post wonders who obviously just joined to sell/scam something, but when someone has a posting history and turns out to be a scammer, that's a lot harder to guard against. :-(

IMO mods should investigate and at least ban the thief so he can't steal from someone else too.

(I'm going to report the OP's post here and hope a moderator will look into it (again)).

Sponsored

Orange devil

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro,toyoda
Just as bad on the camaro forums .had to have the post office intercept a package I sent to a buyer that Tried a scam me .they were some custom headlights .lucky I got them back .

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
@Bridgie

There is now a new warning label seen at top of a user's window when receiving messages from new or unknown users:
BD546A3F-306D-406F-871C-E3DC388304C0.jpeg

Great idea and thanks for the Site Owners/MODs who implemented it, perfect!

Michael_vroomvroom

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2020, MT, EU (not quite PP1), Magneride
@Bridgie

There is now a new warning label seen at top of a user's window when receiving messages from new or unknown users:
BD546A3F-306D-406F-871C-E3DC388304C0.jpeg

Great idea and thanks for the Site Owners/MODs who implemented it, perfect!
Unfortunately I don't think it would have helped in the OP's case, where the scammer was apparently somebody who had been a member for some years and had a posting history. I'm wondering if the scammer is still a member here, and can try to scam somebody else in the future?

I think some kind of seller feedback would be nice.
Sponsored