Sponsored

Wrench prompt and "see manual" on display.. ...again

hiccup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT black base PP RECAROS
Haven't posted about the issue till now. This is the second time in two weeks of driving the mustang that I've gotten the "wrench"(shape on display)followed by "see manual" ...First time was leaving work and got an eighth mile down the road..and today leaving work but never made it into gear before the warning. Car is somewhat driveable after I press "ok" but seems like only half the cylinders are firing..limpmode I guess? I did use the forum search last week but unclear on what action to take. The problem does go away after leaving the ignition off for a good 10 minutes then restarting engine. .Was just looking for some direction or advice. Starting to wonder if the Pedalmax is causing the issue..Will it have to go in to dealer to resolve? ..to add if this helps, I also get the tiny red airbag light on the tach side of dash..thx
Sponsored

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 HE CFTP, '18 WK2 ,'16 Audi A7
Go get the code read the next time it comes on. Autozone will do it. Heck go let them hook up the reader and see if the code happens to be stored.

OP
OP

hiccup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT black base PP RECAROS
Ok..may give that a try. Don't our menu displays have a diagnostic capability or something?

vernonator

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT w/PP - Race Red
Get on Amazon and buy a $20 ODBII Bluetooth reader, put Torque on your phone and pull the code. Easy Peasy.

I keep mine in the car just incase and have had to use it once, got a CEL when I started it up. Popped in the reader pulled the code (slow sensor response of some kind), cleared the code restarted with no issue and was off.

EVLeco16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang eco
Actually I have multiple. 80k miles ecoboost(16). Started with traction control light blinking on and off( and turning off stability kicks itself back on) have the wrench, and have the whole tack area light up with all but wrench. This just started happenening about 1k miles ago. Doesn’t seem to go into limp mode. But irritating.
It goes off and on, 2 days ago Ijiggked Wheel back and forth and seems to shut off the tack cluster lights sometimes.
I CANT find anything conclusive. Already checked ground, hard/soft reboot etc.
Anything would b helpful folks. It’s happening to most all mustangs.
Some say wheel will lock and shake u to death. Some say speed sensors, tranny,on and on. But nothing concrete
O codes btw

Sponsored

sloppymax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Any chance that you have your original battery?

cmxPPL219

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Good first question, and if there were any starting issues.
As OPs car is a 2015, and if it's an original battery, weak batteries on newer cars with all the electronincs can make modules and certain features go haywire or be disabled when the battery is on it's last legs.

Deleted member 32090

Talked to Lund and it was speed sensors not being properly recalibrated after putting on the wider tires

Last edited by a moderator:

EVLeco16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang eco
Sorry for late reply, no sir, changed it out about 6 months ago after it corroded the positive connector to ash.
I prolly need to change brake pads, but seems to me that there is an electrical issue( especially when it humid or raining/after rain. It’s a daily thing now.
I get hill assist constantly, the regular traction control light almost as much, and then the whole tach light cluster( abs etc). All goes off eventually, but seems when humid etc. they flicker on and off.
I disconnected and reconnected 2 of the grounds under hood but didn’t seem to do anything.
I’m also getting the over boost code if I give it too much gas within 15 minutes of starting and driving( like getting on highway) and sometimes when I just flat get on it. Thinking that might wastegate spring maybe, or my factory BOV. It’s irritating. But I refuse to take it to those crooks called Ford. Love the car, but irritating. Ty for reply

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Sorry for late reply, no sir, changed it out about 6 months ago after it corroded the positive connector to ash.
I prolly need to change brake pads, but seems to me that there is an electrical issue( especially when it humid or raining/after rain. It’s a daily thing now.
I get hill assist constantly, the regular traction control light almost as much, and then the whole tach light cluster( abs etc). All goes off eventually, but seems when humid etc. they flicker on and off.
I disconnected and reconnected 2 of the grounds under hood but didn’t seem to do anything.
I’m also getting the over boost code if I give it too much gas within 15 minutes of starting and driving( like getting on highway) and sometimes when I just flat get on it. Thinking that might wastegate spring maybe, or my factory BOV. It’s irritating. But I refuse to take it to those crooks called Ford. Love the car, but irritating. Ty for reply
Sounds like might have a possible ground issue. Check all points of ground and make sure harnesses are secure.

Also for hill assist and traction control intermittent lights, check these threads:
rear axle nut:
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...k-those-axle-to-spindle-retaining-nuts.78909/

rear axle thrust washer:
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/clunk-when-taking-off.83492/page-2#post-3184145

EVLeco16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang eco
Sounds like might have a possible ground issue. Check all points of ground and make sure harnesses are secure.

Also for hill assist and traction control intermittent lights, check these threads:
rear axle nut:
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...k-those-axle-to-spindle-retaining-nuts.78909/

rear axle thrust washer:
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/clunk-when-taking-off.83492/page-2#post-3184145
[/QUOTE
Well, took finding 4 grounds and re-loosening and tightening.
The culprit was the ground that connects to my MaP CAI.The weight of the CAI jiggled it a little.
Drove to work this morning with no lights, will check ifturning my advancedctrac off will actually work again it’s home( I could turn it off; but by the time I switched to 2nd it would come back on and about kill me by shutting down car mid correction.
Thanx all for the help
Sponsored