Sponsored

Wrench light after car sitting in the rain all week.

jkstang78

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Has anyone had this problem. The car has been sitting outside all week in the rain. Started it for the first time this morning and this happened. It did it once before after a few days of rain last year also. But wasn't able to grab a code then. This time i was able to grab a code.
1462653926.Screenshot_2016-05-07-16-44-32.jpg
Screenshot_2016-05-07-08-28-00.jpg
Screenshot_2016-05-07-08-19-37.jpg
Sponsored

IvanCRF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.On'ry
I'm seeing one of your mods is a Roush CAI. I don't have that CAI, but is it possible for some water to enter and permeate through the filter from the hood vent after a week of rain?

fcarr005

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6
This is typical of a modded mustang where the tune needs to be checked. The wrench light is indicative of the car going into limp mode as you might have felt a significant drop in power. The car does this as it goes into safety mode usually when the throttle body doesn't open correctly and throws the incorrect air fuel ratio number . One way to solve this issue is to either fix the tune to correct the levels on your CAI or just put everything back to stock because you will always get this issue periodically. Usually by turning off the car will remove the wrench light but it will pop up whenever if you don't get the tune fixed .

OP
OP

jkstang78

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
This is typical of a modded mustang where the tune needs to be checked. The wrench light is indicative of the car going into limp mode as you might have felt a significant drop in power. The car does this as it goes into safety mode usually when the throttle body doesn't open correctly and throws the incorrect air fuel ratio number . One way to solve this issue is to either fix the tune to correct the levels on your CAI or just put everything back to stock because you will always get this issue periodically. Usually by turning off the car will remove the wrench light but it will pop up whenever if you don't get the tune fixed .

Car does not have a tune in it. I'm using a Roush Cai with the sleeve in it. Which does not require a tune. So i am still on the original factory tune.

OP
OP

jkstang78

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I'm seeing one of your mods is a Roush CAI. I don't have that CAI, but is it possible for some water to enter and permeate through the filter from the hood vent after a week of rain?

I understand thatbut this has happened once before and i do believe it had the factory box in it also.

FordTechOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cobra
Car does not have a tune in it. I'm using a Roush Cai with the sleeve in it. Which does not require a tune. So i am still on the original factory tune.
The DTC P061B is defined by the manufacturer as Internal Control Module Torque Calculation Performance. That DTC is typically caused by a modification which changes the airflow to the engine, resulting in a calculated torque outside of the PCM's programmed parameters.

Put the stock intake back on and re-evaluate. Chances are that DTC will be resolved.
Sponsored