Sponsored

Wow, I didn't realize how much a weighted shift knob would improve the feel of the MT-82!

anyjuan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Juan
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Yes, it's textured, the color is wrinkle white. It is actually machined from stainless and powder coated. If I could do it over, I think I would have went with pearl white. I will say, it is a nice piece and does help with the shifting. I got if from Shift Solutions, here's the link...

https://www.shiftsolutionsco.com/product/cs-510-grams-shift-knob
does it come with the reverse lockout nut?

Yes, it's textured, the color is wrinkle white. It is actually machined from stainless and powder coated. If I could do it over, I think I would have went with pearl white. I will say, it is a nice piece and does help with the shifting. I got if from Shift Solutions, here's the link...

https://www.shiftsolutionsco.com/product/cs-510-grams-shift-knob
Sponsored

OP
OP

tomnelsonii

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GTPP
Not sure if this is the same thing, but yes, it comes with a nut to be sure you don't thread it on too far disabling the stock reverse lockout.

Genxer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT / Perf pack / DIB
Vehicle Showcase
I ordered a heavier knob so I should be able to speak more intelligently on this subject soon, for the Mustang in particular. I've had a 1 lb stainless knob on my Honda for many years and love it. I can simply give it a flick and it goes into gear. But of course that is a cable-operated shifter so not exactly the same thing. I want to be able to use light hand pressure and swift movement. I have a plastic (resin?) ball on the Mustang now, from Twisted Shifterz. It's quality made with a threaded brass insert. Looks good, the only thing I don't like is it's lighter than the stock unit. The stock shifter ball weight isn't too bad but it does not fill my hand, especially in regard to height.

For the longest time I was tentative about quicker shifting because I felt some resistance, but a quick flip of the hand and it never fails to slip right in gear smoothly. I used to hesitate quite a bit (just being careful I guess). There is too fast and I was definitely not doing that :giggle:

v8hgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Race Red GT PP Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Many many years ago my dad had the same issues with his manual jag xjs. He machined a tungsten threaded collar to screw onto the shifter, then bored out the stock knob to fit over the tungsten collar, then bonded them together. It looked totally stock, had no heat transfer, but weighed twice as much as stock. Really helped the shift action. We could use a similar set up here with a weighted collar and multiple choices for the knob, e.g cue ball, gt350, leather etc

Last edited:

hemistar1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2, 2017 F-150
Old thread but thought I add my 2 cents .. got this from summit racing feels more solid than the stock knob..

It feels better when shifting and locks OEM and the Ford racing script is great.
22A244BC-0611-41B2-AC8F-1C26CF4F9D2C.jpeg
View attachment 464704 View attachment 464705

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0
  • 0 bytes Views: 0

Sponsored

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Is the Bullitt shift knob weighted? And if yes, is it enough? Wonder if it feels better than stock. And how do you remove the knob? And finally, read that there's an available billet reverse lockout, which I'd assume also acts as a weight, no? Who makes it? Thx.

boB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
boB
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1
Bullitt (and any other '19 and newer GT, maybe '18 too) have a large rotating counterweight on the right side of the xmsn. This probably does the same as a weighted shift knob but is more effective.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
Bullitt (and any other '19 and newer GT, maybe '18 too) have a large rotating counterweight on the right side of the xmsn. This probably does the same as a weighted shift knob but is more effective.
Only if it's connected to the shift linkage in some fashion.

Norm

boB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
boB
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1

SOMDS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
'20 GT Prem PP1|MT6|MR, '17 Lexus IS300 f-Sport, '08 Jeep Grand Cherokee
I just added the slammer to my Barton yesterday. Feels good. I'll see how I like it over time. Replaced my Ford Performance CF knob.
08FDA5D9-8FA8-426C-8710-50498D13917E.JPG

Sponsored

dn1984

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10 Premium
i have liked the weighted knobs i used in the past, but on my 2012 after a while with a heavy moddiction knob i kind of missed the more mechanical feel so i went back to a ford racing shift knob with pretty much standard weighting. maybe even a little lighter than the factory knob.

KellTrac

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.kelltrac.com
Vehicle(s)
All of them
I have thoroughly enjoyed the S550 consumer's responses to their placebo results since the release of these cars 5 years ago.

- Front chassis brace totally changed the handling of my S550!

- Front chassis brace totally eliminated my tramlining!

- Upgraded Vertical Links totally eliminated my wheel hop!

- Upgraded shock mounts made my car ride 100% better!

- My Velossa funnel ram that air up the grill made my car beat a BMW!

- My heavier shift knob made me shift better!

I love it. It's the best. Keep it up!

Reactions: kz

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
I have thoroughly enjoyed the S550 consumer's responses to their placebo results since the release of these cars 5 years ago.

You forgot a few:

-BMR Kmember and bumper bars
-Viking front and rear shocks
-BMR CB010

dn1984

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10 Premium

yeah a lot of stuff i don't think makes a huge difference unless you are doing everything and it's a small part of it. the control arms were the only thing that i ever used that made a significant difference, and that was because i was on the lowest and stiffest lowering springs you could get and my geometry was all out of wack. i'm still on the stock shock mounts also btw even though i was told they would explode if i lowered my car ;)

martin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost; coupe; guard; dark-saddle; MT; PP; Nav;
Is the Bullitt shift knob weighted?
Sponsored