Sponsored

Wow, I didn't realize how much a weighted shift knob would improve the feel of the MT-82!

BigBeed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium 401a PP2

samd1351

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 1999 Ranger
The heat hasn’t really been an issue for me. It gets a little warm but I think the finish helps. Even though it’s black, the knob has some texture to it. It’s waaay better than my Honda that has a smooth stainless ball! That thing is a branding iron.
That's what I had. Brutal

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
The Bullitt knob is just about perfect to me. And I think it's about 1-lb (500g), which is reportedly the ideal weight of a shift knob. You don't need anything heavier than that for better shifting feel.

poncho@home

GettingOld
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium
The Bullitt knob is just about perfect to me. And I think it's about 1-lb (500g), which is reportedly the ideal weight of a shift knob. You don't need anything heavier than that for better shifting feel.
actually, Just a hair under 1/2 lb. I agree, just about perfect. I love mine!

https://imgur.com/gallery/OGVdzgR

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Odyssey, Toyota Tacoma, 89 GT project, 2020 Magnetic EB HPP w/ 6M
I got a picture of the dude that sold me a weighted shifter ball. I think it'll look great, but it's a little bigger than I'm accustomed.

?u=https%3A%2F%2Fcdn.quotesgram.com%2Fsmall%2F44%2F11%2F980922004-rose-bowling-ball.jpg

Sponsored

hiccup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT black base PP RECAROS
Anyone else's shift knob get really hot? If I don't cover it and the car's in the sun, the knob is too hot to grip properly.
That is the exact reason I only used mine for a few weeks..even throwing a towel over it while the car was parked..if the it was a 85° or more day and the window visors in it still was too darn hot..by the way mine was aluminum and brass(overkill) and I made myself in the workplace machine shop.. can put up a pic if anyone is really curious

samd1351

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 1999 Ranger
That is the exact reason I only used mine for a few weeks..even throwing a towel over it while the car was parked..if the it was a 85° or more day and the window visors in it still was too darn hot..by the way mine was aluminum and brass(overkill) and I made myself in the workplace machine shop.. can put up a pic if anyone is really curious
Yeah, we want the pic!
Sponsored