Sponsored

Wow! Highest Asking Price I’ve seen yet. This must be a mistake.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TonyNJ

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
22 GT500HE Black Stripes, 20 GT350HE, 16 GT350R Ba
It is like buying a house.
Buyer pays a bit more than he wants to, the seller comes down and both parties are happy.

Why not just buy it today with an ADM (within reason), you may be dead by the time you get one for MSRP or less.
I say to myself when I see an elderly person with a zimmer frame or wheel chair at a car show...."what are they thinking when they are looking at a car". Maybe I shouldaa bought it back then ....too late now.
Enjoy it today.
I had to Google "Zimmer Frame". Mine is going to have painted stripes and PPF. No Recaros though. Heated and cooled seat for sure.
Sponsored

shelbykr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 2009 Shelby GT500KR 2008 Shelby GT-C
Hey TonyNJ.
Big wheels too. LOL
Every day we are this earth then we are closer to one of them. May the big man upstairs give us good health so don't need one.

ZM.jpg

Last edited:

Longitude Zero

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium, 2007 Mustang V6.
Supply vs Demand at greedy stealerships. Sadly it is the new way of the world for limited production vehicles.

Sponsored

Glenn

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
19 Roush,21 CFTP GT500,20 Explorer ST,67 Nova
I see this all the time it does not work out for them! They are fishing for a sucker and most of the time after about 4 or 5 months they end up selling it for MSRP, because who can sit on a 100K car that long in a small dealer and it looks bad for them. Everybody gives them negative feedback.
I have told them with markups like that I will not do any business with them at all.

IceAge

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
GG
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 500, 2022 GT500, 2020 GT Mustang, Raptor,
The GT500 is done and it’s market availability to values. If the like of many here decide to sell their cars than high values won’t last. But if most here hang onto their cars and many others clamor for tha last few than the market will be high. It’s interesting on how many times I have seen these threads in other brand forums as well. It as if there is a bunch of people onky hoping and praying us GT500 owners or say the likes of Hellcat owners just throw are hands up and give away our cars. And our cars we so worked so hard to attain we just give away to others to appease those not wanting to pay the price for them. I support free market pricing and should everyone dump there valuable car and give it away ok. But should all those decide to keep the valuable car and those who want them pay a price than that’s ok as well. Supply and Demand drive free markets and for the moment it seems the Demand for the end of the Ice Age performance is coming to an end and more people want these cars than are available to the general public. Which in the end drives higher values.

4V Mayhem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium M6
Just to comment about GM attempting to stop the flipping.

It sets a bad precedent to allow a company like GM or even Ford for that matter to start dictating what us consumers can do with something that we purchased with our hard earned money. And to me, this is nothing more than them taking the focus off the real culprits (the dealerships) and making examples out of a fake target (the consumers). This is not in any way fair nor is it right. The dealerships were the ones who started this. So why is the focus on the normal everyday man? So the dealership can throw an ADM of $50,000 on the car but if I pay it and buy the car then I'm threatened with loss of warranty to the potential buyer to deter the buyer? What if I have a family issue that forces me to get rid of it? What if a person loses their job? Or worse, what if the person has a fatal accident? Is his family stuck with a hefty financial burden because GM decided to punish us buyers instead of their own dealerships? What if the person buying it decides to take advantage of the seller and give him much less because it "has no warranty now"??

You guys need to be careful with what you support. It's one thing for a dealership to charge a markup. I can walk away or decline the sale. I am cool with that. I decide what I want to pay and then I decide what I want to do after I buy the car. But when a company starts to enforce certain actions with penalties and such, that takes away your freedom to choose and I'm not cool with that. If you ask me, it sounds like more ways to oppress regular people while giving a pass to wealthy people (dealership owners).

Granted I have not yet looked completely at what GM plans to do. I'm just going by the gist of what I read and heard and know. These dealerships are marking these cars up by $50,000 minimum. But GM is more concerned with what the consumer does after purchasing it??

Hoose71

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
84, 13, 13, 21, 22 Mustangs, 72 Nova Rally
But GM is more concerned with what the consumer does after purchasing it??
This was supposed to be their "fix" to what some dealers have been doing which is titling the cars over to their sales people or "brokers" and then selling them as used, almost no mileage cars. This way they can put them up for auction or flip them with a high markup to stay off GM's radar and keep from losing allocations.

It's a stupid fix, but that is what they claim it was for. The real fix would be for manufacturers to add direct online ordering, which would force dealers to be more competitive. If dealers want to stay in the game they could offer new vehicle delivery service and try to get your future service work or sell cars at a slightly higher price. For someone that doesn't want to wait and finds something on the lot they like they might be willing to pay a little more.

Right now all they are doing is borderline price gouging.

Sponsored

AvalancheSVT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Douglas
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1 6spd
its the way of the world. that's why I say go for the jugular unless you have a REAL relationship with real people at a dealer.

4V Mayhem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium M6
This was supposed to be their "fix" to what some dealers have been doing which is titling the cars over to their sales people or "brokers" and then selling them as used, almost no mileage cars. This way they can put them up for auction or flip them with a high markup to stay off GM's radar and keep from losing allocations.

It's a stupid fix, but that is what they claim it was for. The real fix would be for manufacturers to add direct online ordering, which would force dealers to be more competitive. If dealers want to stay in the game they could offer new vehicle delivery service and try to get your future service work or sell cars at a slightly higher price. For someone that doesn't want to wait and finds something on the lot they like they might be willing to pay a little more.

I see. However to me the REAL fix would be people just declining the purchase altogether. If a person is willing to pay extra then let them. If not then they have the option to decline. But to tell a person that they're stuck with the car for a year? And then tell them if they sell it then that voids the warranty? That is very foolish.

DopamineQuest

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 Carbonized Gray
And if they dont, they end up with a mach 1
Isn't it funny pretty much WITHOUT fail all these geniuses who are too smart to pay ADM's all drive lower trim and cheaper vehicles... but the guys who are so much dumber than them can afford to just pay the ADM and be done with it and have what they want. It's like the standard issue cope for people who, most likely, simply can't afford something they want and can't have.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Isn't it funny pretty much WITHOUT fail all these geniuses who are too smart to pay ADM's all drive lower trim and cheaper vehicles... but the guys who are so much dumber than them can afford to just pay the ADM and be done with it and have what they want. It's like the standard issue cope for people who, most likely, simply can't afford something they want and can't have.
You forgot the most annoying part...... they hang around here and post/argue about it.

You don't ever see me hanging around the general or Mach 1 section. Yet, they come here and tell us how stupid we are.

Nawsad123

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bonez
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Lol people paying over 150k for a Ford? Cmonnn
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.