Sponsored

Wow! Highest Asking Price I’ve seen yet. This must be a mistake.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Germansheperd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 Carbon Fiber Track Pack
This is why people purchasing the new C8 Z06 must sign a contract saying they can not sell the car within 1yr without penalty.
There is no “penalty”. The car loses it’s warranty So what? Do you think a flipper or the guy paying 60-100k over really cares? You just made GM’s day. 1 less Z06 to warranty.
Sponsored

Germansheperd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
What GM is doing on this is that if you sell your C8 ZO6 within one year, they will not honor any warranty on the car. So yes, it is yours to do what you want with it, but the new owner has no warranty coverage.
A big to do about nothing. It’s business as usual.

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
That’d be Iceage above.

Just looked all of those cars are gone. Dealers wanted to love them and they didn’t last more than a week. I think one owner bought one and posted a thread about how he traded a lot of cars and then bought one.

IceAge

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
GG
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 500, 2022 GT500, 2020 GT Mustang, Raptor,
Just looked all of those cars are gone. Dealers wanted to love them and they didn’t last more than a week. I think one owner bought one and posted a thread about how he traded a lot of cars and then bought one.
Hey that sounds like me😂

rp930

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500, 2019 Ranger, 2015 MB GLK250
What GM is doing on this is that if you sell your C8 ZO6 within one year, they will not honor any warranty on the car. So yes, it is yours to do what you want with it, but the new owner has no warranty coverage.
Is that in writing or just a threat?

Sponsored

dman1624

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dustin
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500
There are 3 CFTP heritage models on autotrader with painted stripes mind you, for $25k over...and they haven’t moved.
I have also called a few just curious to see. I have ran into where either the car is already sold or is not for sell. A lot of the adds on auto trader are more for getting leads to the dealership. these cars are selling at $25K whether people want to believe it or not.

Side note that I find funny. I have traded in a couple 2021 GT500s to work my way up from a Base to a CFTP then to a HE CFTP. When I listed it for sale at $10K over MSRP, I was getting messages all day about them and even people saying it is underpriced, I could sell for more. But then when a dealership lists a BRAND NEW GT500 for $10k over MSRP, they are attacked for not selling at MSRP by some of those same people that messaged me, lol. Don't get me wrong, I think some of the high ADMs are crazy but the realistic ones I like because all that does is keep the value of my current vehicle up. It is nice having a car that doesn't just keep dropping in value as soon as you drive it off the lot.

Wildcardfox

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
I’m in-between cars
I have also called a few just curious to see. I have ran into where either the car is already sold or is not for sell. A lot of the adds on auto trader are more for getting leads to the dealership. these cars are selling at $25K whether people want to believe it or not.

Side note that I find funny. I have traded in a couple 2021 GT500s to work my way up from a Base to a CFTP then to a HE CFTP. When I listed it for sale at $10K over MSRP, I was getting messages all day about them and even people saying it is underpriced, I could sell for more. But then when a dealership lists a BRAND NEW GT500 for $10k over MSRP, they are attacked for not selling at MSRP by some of those same people that messaged me, lol. Don't get me wrong, I think some of the high ADMs are crazy but the realistic ones I like because all that does is keep the value of my current vehicle up. It is nice having a car that doesn't just keep dropping in value as soon as you drive it off the lot.
I’ve seen some sell for $165k-170k, and I’ve also seen some sell for $25k. Market and dealer—so the believe it or not comment doesn’t work. Some dealers want to move them and don’t want the hassle of trying for a 50k ADM.

blackk3389

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
WILL
Vehicle(s)
'19 BULLITT#3389, '03 cobra vert#2198,2023 F150
Vehicle Showcase
Many manufacturers a doing the 12 month sale ban or you lose warranty. Tesla is banning buyers who have flipped their cars and canceling their new orders so cant do it again. crazy world we live in now.

Sponsored

Germansheperd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
remember this when dealers are crying about how they can't stay afloat because the market is hard or whatever. F em.
This holds 0 weight. A lot of GT500 and C8/C8 Z06 buyers don’t drive Fords and Chevys daily. This is a “one and done” for them.
When I was at Dodge guys in Audi’s and Benz’s rolling up to buy Hellcats. Guys in BMW’s buying Corvettes. Guys in Lexus Teslas buying GT500’s.
So I agree with the dealers- Ef em and rip their lips off if you can you will never see them again.

AvalancheSVT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Douglas
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1 6spd
This holds 0 weight. A lot of GT500 and C8/C8 Z06 buyers don’t drive Fords and Chevys daily. This is a “one and done” for them.
When I was at Dodge guys in Audi’s and Benz’s rolling up to buy Hellcats. Guys in BMW’s buying Corvettes. Guys in Lexus Teslas buying GT500’s.
So I agree with the dealers- Ef em and rip their lips off if you can you will never see them again.

Thanks for proving the point i guess?

AvalancheSVT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Douglas
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1 6spd
No point its a two-way street.
What do you mean? Customers are not vendors and have no obligation or need to earn a sale. On the other hand vendors need to earn business.

Your statement appears false on face so i have to wonder what you mean.

Cory S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
I wish people would literally stop being so stupid.

Paying over MSRP for a CAR is pure stupidity. Period.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.