Sponsored

Wow! Highest Asking Price I’ve seen yet. This must be a mistake.

Status
Not open for further replies.

onelfastlride

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
GT500
Last edited:
OP
OP

onelfastlride

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
GT500
And yes, I have a 2020 GT500, that I bought new, I’m not just trolling the GT500 forum.

Stang 19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 Ford Performance Blue
Ha, yes, some dealers are gonna try to get what they can. The heritage cars are going to be very rare, so will def sell way above sticker…

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP Whipple Stage 2
Curiosity….browsing the 2022 GT500 prices, my jaw pretty much hit the floor. WTF.

Sarasota Ford, 2022 GT500 CFTP Heritage Edition.
Likely MSRP: $114,190
Asking Price: $214,190

https://www.sarasotaford.com/new---...edium=referral&utm_campaign=cargurus_listings

1D690214-F846-4CCB-9AA4-523F8C5362BB.png
I seen an interview with Ford CEO. He said he does not approve of or encourage Ford dealerships from selling any vehicle over MSRP. He said they are working on selling direct to customers who would pick their cars up at the dealership but the dealership cannot adjust selling price.

Sponsored

TonyNJ

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
22 GT500HE Black Stripes, 20 GT350HE, 16 GT350R Ba
This one is probably in the running for second highest asking price. But it's definitely not a mistake. They want that ADM.

20220822_190633.jpg

20220822_190556.jpg

Prodigal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Pants on head stupid.

IceAge

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
GG
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 500, 2022 GT500, 2020 GT Mustang, Raptor,
I seen an interview with Ford CEO. He said he does not approve of or encourage Ford dealerships from selling any vehicle over MSRP. He said they are working on selling direct to customers who would pick their cars up at the dealership but the dealership cannot adjust selling price.
Yeh that sounds all great but than the person who gets it for sticker possibly turns around and sells it for stupid numbers and or even sells it to the dealer for a profit. And then technically Ford cannot go after the dealer since it’s used now. The dealers all know too well low production sought after specialty vehicles bring good numbers in the market. They know individuals are going to buy them and flip them which ok now have Ford force you to sign an agreement you can’t sell your for a profit. It’s the free market let the market be what it is and con trolled pricing only devalues your so called limited specialty vehicle. And or the dealers demand huge profits from the manufacturer on low volume sales vehicles and its discussions over being the MSRP than is stupid.

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
Hello; I look at Craigslist car ads centered around Knoxville TN. For some time a seller has been listing a 1960's Austin Healey 3000. Back a while it was listed for $61,000 and no one bought it. Last time I checked it was listed for over $100,000. That was a jump of $40,000 or so.
I do not know the thinking as I have not contacted the person but my guess is it is a jump on the bandwagon sort of thing. Same sort of thing happened just before the housing crash in 2008. I looked at a property near Tazewell TN. It was overpriced for the condition but had features I wanted. So, i made an offer. The agent came back to me saying the seller had raised the asking price something like $10,000. I walked away.

This is some sort of a bubble is my take. I get the chip shortage part. I get the other disruptions caused by the ill-fated covid lockdowns. The chips and other issues will be worked out and there will be an abundance of vehicles on the lots again.

Many of us can keep our current vehicle for years longer than might be normal in terms of having transportation. Have patience and the situation may correct a bit. That said I see the potential for leadership around the world to screw things up even worse than they are. My parents were children during the great depression of the 1930. They told stories and i have seen movies and read books about it. Such an outcome is within the grasp of some of our current leaders around the world.

I will have a look see later to find out if that Austin Healey is still listed. Here is the thing about some of the current high asking prices. Odds are you are buying at the top if you pay that now. If you buy at the top you likely will never get the money back later on. They can ask anything and some will.

Sponsored
OP
OP

onelfastlride

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
GT500
Yeh that sounds all great but than the person who gets it for sticker possibly turns around and sells it for stupid numbers and or even sells it to the dealer for a profit. And then technically Ford cannot go after the dealer since it’s used now. The dealers all know too well low production sought after specialty vehicles bring good numbers in the market. They know individuals are going to buy them and flip them which ok now have Ford force you to sign an agreement you can’t sell your for a profit. It’s the free market let the market be what it is and con trolled pricing only devalues your so called limited specialty vehicle. And or the dealers demand huge profits from the manufacturer on low volume sales vehicles and its discussions over being the MSRP than is stupid.
This is why people purchasing the new C8 Z06 must sign a contract saying they can not sell the car within 1yr without penalty.

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
This is why people purchasing the new C8 Z06 must sign a contract saying they can not sell the car within 1yr without penalty.
Hello; How can that work? Say I pay cash for a car. It is all mine at that point. Only way I can see this working is we have to put down a refundable deposit which we get back only after a year of ownership. I guess they could ban paying customers from buying in the future.

Wildcardfox

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
I’m in-between cars
Curiosity….browsing the 2022 GT500 prices, my jaw pretty much hit the floor. WTF.

Sarasota Ford, 2022 GT500 CFTP Heritage Edition.
Likely MSRP: $114,190
Asking Price: $214,190

https://www.sarasotaford.com/new---...edium=referral&utm_campaign=cargurus_listings

1D690214-F846-4CCB-9AA4-523F8C5362BB.png
Not a Mistake Poway Ford also has all of their GT500s marked up to 100k. They figure that if they start at $100k over, when you bargain them down they will still be at 50k over.

Ask them a question like I did

1661605055691.png

Wildcardfox

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
I’m in-between cars
There are 3 CFTP heritage models on autotrader with painted stripes mind you, for $25k over...and they haven’t moved.
Just looked all of those cars are gone. Dealers wanted to love them and they didn’t last more than a week. I think one owner bought one and posted a thread about how he traded a lot of cars and then bought one.

JimC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2019 EcoBoost performance package coupe
Hello; How can that work? Say I pay cash for a car. It is all mine at that point. Only way I can see this working is we have to put down a refundable deposit which we get back only after a year of ownership. I guess they could ban paying customers from buying in the future.
What GM is doing on this is that if you sell your C8 ZO6 within one year, they will not honor any warranty on the car. So yes, it is yours to do what you want with it, but the new owner has no warranty coverage.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.