Sponsored

Would you trade 350r for F-150

Spart302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Race Red GT350R
I have a 2019 350rand owe about 66k on it. I love the car to death but it’s very impractical and it’s my daily. My other car is 64.5 convertible that’s been in the shop for 2 years. I had a lifted truck before the mustang and it was great. I’m looking at a Roush f-150 lariat or a general loaded lariat. Dealer offered me 58 for the R with 4500 miles. I’m trying to get them up to 64. The two trucks are discounted to 60 and 52. What do y’all think?
C67F2BA2-B380-4E1D-B0D0-47B1E7F2C68B.jpeg
Sponsored

matthewr87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
If you find the car to be very impractical and use it as your daily, then it seems you have answered your question. Maybe keep the R and buy a less expensive F-150 instead?

BrianH87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT ; 2021 Explorer ST
You can get some good deals on Raptors now too. Might be worth looking into.

OP
OP

Spart302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Race Red GT350R
You can get some good deals on Raptors now too. Might be worth looking into.
I thought about that but my goal is to lower my payment to spend more money on guns and have a vehicle for gun ranges and practicality but it’s hard to say yes to getting rid of an R especially when negative on equity

Sponsored

jvandy50

H3249
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, 18 ZL1-1LE
This doesn’t lower your payment, but what about a beater JKU. One close to mine (2010 with 140k miles) would be 13-15k and take you and the guns anywhere you wanted to go...just cant pass people going 52 in a 55 lol.

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
‘19 GT350 (sold)
What do I think?
Well I’m old so my advise is....get what works for you if you can afford the hit and move on.
Next time put more thought into such a large purchase.
I get that you’re more into guns at this stage of your life, good on you. Be sure and get into reloading to help with your sport expenses. If you pew, pew a lot, get a progressive press.
Here’s what I predict. In a few years you’re going to be looking for another GT350 ;-)

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
What do I think?
Well I’m old so my advise is....get what works for you if you can afford the hit and move on.
I get that you’re more into guns at this stage of your life, good on you. Be sure and get into reloading to help with your sport expenses. If you pew, pew a lot, get a progressive press.
Here’s what I predict. In a few years you’re going to be looking for another GT350 ;-)
Progressive press?

OP
OP

Spart302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Race Red GT350R
What do I think?
I did get into reloading. I’ve got 12 guns and building 5 more right now In a bunch of different calibers. As for being back in another gt350 that’s why I’m in this mess to begin with. I traded a 2016 fbo gt for a truck and missed having a sports car so your probably right. I’ve never owned a car more than two years

Sponsored

honeybadger

Just don't care
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Sheeesh. Judgemental crowd.

Have both a Raptor and a track-only GT350 that was driven on the street before.

The Raptor is so much more useful day-to-day. That said, I wouldn’t trade an R for a truck unless I really needed one. While a truck is much more practical, they’re so much more boring to drive and ride much rougher (except a Raptor).

Personally I’d keep the R unless I REALLY needed a truck or the R negatively impacted my
life in some way (unwanted attention, way too impractical, constant worrying, etc.)

Jeffwels

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350 Heritage, 2016 BMW X5M
You already know it because you said it’s very impractical, but the operating cost of a gt350r va your other options is going to be a lot higher, especially for a daily driver.

I have been in same boat with never owning a car for longer than 2-3 years but confident the 350 will be a different ball game. I could never daily drive the car because I love it so much and some aspects of it would start to piss me off in repeated traffic if that is a scenario you experience.

best mod I made to the 350 was lease a Kia telluride as well. Perfect for the family if you have kids, efficient, great price, every option known to man and surprisingly well made. And I traded a 2016 bmw x5m on the thing. Which I don’t miss at all.

all that said, if you are definitely interested in a truck I personally would not be looking at anything but a raptor, or just a base f150 with whatever comfort and capability you are looking for. The other specialties like the Rousch seem to take way more of a depreciation hit. I get you want a cool daily, but if you have a 64 you already have cool.

If goal is money for more guns and you don’t own things longer than 2 years go lease something reasonable for what you need daily.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Everyone has at some point has traded out of a vehicle before there’s any equity in it - OR has prematurely rolled a financed vehicle into another, thus inflating the total financial obligation.

If you trade it in to a Dealership again, all you’re doing is rolling the existing note onto another with very little gain; getting say $4k +/- out of the trade in to plunk down on the next vehicle really isn’t all that much of a “lowering your payment” in the grand scheme of things. You’re not going to lower the payment by $100+ if that’s what you’re thinking.

List the R on here and sell it outright. By just doing that, you’re killing the loan, period. Once you’re out of that loan, you can go do as you please by buying another vehicle without the burden of a trade OR rolling an existing note into another.

Honestly, no Dealership is going to give you $64k for a 2019 GT350R. There’s no wiggle room for them to resell if they were to give you that value. They have to resell and a bank is going to give a Buyer a used car loan, not new car - which carries a higher interest rate. So the Dealership not only has to move your car out but also try and get someone who’s able to get that loan.

Go and try an evaluation on CarMax or Carvana and see what results you get. I only say this because some on here have found they were able to squeeze a few more bucks out of those places than a Ford Dealer.

If you’re going to stick to the Ford Dealership route of trading it - see if they will do $59-$60, that’s even pushing it and I personally don’t feel they’ll go that high on a 2019.

Really, just list it on here with info and lots of pics and sell it outright - you’ll be in a much better position.

CANTWN4LSN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
GT350R is a luxury item, depreciating at $3k+ per year. If you are thinking of dumping it, do so sooner rather than later. You have had the great experience of owning it and driving it.

RPDBlueMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Heritage Edition, Civic Type R
I have a 2019 350rand owe about 66k on it. I love the car to death but it’s very impractical and it’s my daily. My other car is 64.5 convertible that’s been in the shop for 2 years. I had a lifted truck before the mustang and it was great. I’m looking at a Roush f-150 lariat or a general loaded lariat. Dealer offered me 58 for the R with 4500 miles. I’m trying to get them up to 64. The two trucks are discounted to 60 and 52. What do y’all think?
C67F2BA2-B380-4E1D-B0D0-47B1E7F2C68B.jpeg
Im a little confused, you think your 2019 GT350 is impractical but you want a Roush F-150 Lariat or a fully loaded Lariat? Wouldn't that just be impractical too? It seems like overkill if you are just using it as your daily driver, which is fine but in my opinion that it is just as impractical as the GT350. Personally I'd rather have a sports car like the GT350 than a sporty/fancy truck, since you'll get about the same gas mileage.

Also kind of off topic how is your GT350? Did you have any problems with it being at 66k miles.
Sponsored

Last edited: