Sponsored

Would you trade 350r for F-150

Ninjak

Posting from the Shadows
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2019 Harley Davidson F150 68 GTA
Depending on what truck you want, and what you want to use it for, it may be practical, but man the hit will hurt. That said you could:

1. Look for older truck: 12~14 or 15~17 at a lower price point that has what you want and try to keep your R.
2. Look for a 17 Raptor, trade your car, and get less owed. 17 Raptors should go for 45~50 maybe ? I have seen them here in S. FL for those prices.
3. Look for a 15+ F150 Lariat, perhaps get one that was done as a kit, you'll get raptor performance and good looks. That is if you want to Off road it as well.
4. Look for a 13~17 F150, in decent shape, trade the R, and get the truck on the cheap. Then mod it the way you want it.

I myself went with option 3 and 4 mixed. I found a lariat, a 16, had some things done, and I did the rest the way I wanted. The Truck had low miles < 40k, and getting rid of my 12 EcoBoost truck, I paid the rest off. So now I own my Betty free n clear, and I still have my 17 GT350, as well as my 64.5 and 68 classics. My 68 is the new project, and I'll be selling the 64.5. But that story is for the Vintage Mustangs forums :)

Below is my Betty as she stands now. :)

if4h-ovwbsnRVD44lBWeG-KPURb6BUhGClgGxxDcH04EE32qWMaVUZaLTrIBYWYb1HwpKg=w1548-h1160-no?authuser=0.jpg
Sponsored

lonegunman

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Keep the "R" and buy something you do not owe money on. Maybe an older Toyota pickup? If you sell the "R" for 64K, you still eat $2,000 and then you have to conjure up some down payment and if you are an 84 month kinda guy you still pay almost $1,000 a month.

Why not keep the "R", buy a cheap daily and don't get upset down on a truck? Drive the "R" on weekends, track days and date night.

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302

The above is a quick video on progressive press reloading.
If youā€™re not a gun guy, I suggest you become one while you still can ;-)
Thanks for the info. I AM a staunch gun guy but have not reloaded since the 1990ā€™s, and that was shot shells. Never reloaded bullets, but I do need to learn.

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Personally, if it were me, Iā€™d look at a beater truck and keep the R.

I had a 16R and a 17 Raptor. I had no issues affording either of them until my ex got her 3rd DUI and I found out that she had been handing vital news regarding our sonā€™s welfare.. so I petitioned the court for a change of custody.

After $150k+ in legal fees and no change of custody because e system is bull$h1t, I had to sell my R and my Raptor. I needed a truck so I got a 2018 F150 single cab shortened with the 3.3L v6... and believe it or not I love that thing more than I loved my Raptor because I treated the Raptor like a princess where I just throw stuff in this truck and go. I love the vinyl floors and seats as I never have to worry about messing up the carpet or tearing the perforated seats. And I failed to mention that I got a $5k discount on my 18 F150... a lot of truck for $23k.

As for the R, only an R can replace an R, and I looked but was unsuccessful, plus I paid $63,5k for my 16R and now Ford wants $73k for essentially the same car... so thatā€™s a no for me, but instead leaves me with a great 2020 TO GT350 on the way.

Best of luck.

Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Dealer offered me 58 for the R with 4500 miles.
that's only a 20% hit. consider yourself lucky.
Your new F150 should be priced 20% off MSRP including sales tax (assumes about 4-6% rate) or lower.

Franzchise

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Performance Blue GT350, 19 Golf R,
I was in the same boat recently. My 09 Tundra was getting up there in miles and I need a truck as my daily and for atv/snowmibling... As I was in a truck mood shopping around I thought of life without my Shelby and a new Diesel. I decided to take the Shelby for a cruise and those thoughts dissipated almost as soon as I started it... I ended up picking up a 2015 F150 3.5 Ecoboost. With 60k miles for a decent price.I enjoy the comforts of the lariat for a daily and long trips so the leather and upgraded features were well worth it. The truck is awesome, great power , roomy, comfortable and excellent tech for a 15 and when I feel like driving one of the best drivers cars ever produced, its still there waiting for me. Payments are always gonna suck when they are there but that car out of the decent amount I have owned is worth every penny.

Crowd Hunter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
$hitbox
If you're going to lose $8k on the trade, You'd be better off coming up with the $8k and buying a daily driver until the R is paid down or off. Just my $.02.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Nissan Frontier's are relatively cheap compared to their competition and vastly cheaper than used F150s which prices I find preposterous.

Sponsored

Deleted member 35644

Go for the true luxury of having the car you love, and driving a beater back and forth to work. I don't mean some unreliable POS, but a truck that's far enough into it's life that a few rock chips and door dings aren't going to affect you. Who wants to slug a really nice vehicle back and forth to work? Put some wheels & tires on it, & make it your own. Let something less valuable, and loved, take the bumps and bruises, and keep the Mustang.

thill444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 SS1LE (sold 18 GT350)
Only you can really know if going from a GT350R to a truck will be satisfactory. It's your money, but yeah your going to take a hit and the worst thing you can do is roll negative equity into another vehicle. I would make sure if you go through with this that you will be happy with the switch.

I have a JL Wrangler (lifted) but my wife drives that way more than me and I can't imagine giving up my sports car for it. But you have a big car payment it seems, so getting rid of the car is probably the smartest move if you don't love it.

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I suspect a 350R is going to change hands soon, if it hasnā€™t already done so.

Deleted member 37397

A Raptor is so impractically ridiculous and yet I want one. Then all I see myself doing is hauling my wife to the damn mall in it and my want turns back to reality of no, I donā€™t need it. Plus, it wonā€™t fit in my garage. Anyway, either sell the R or one of your other toys before you get a truck.

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Go for the true luxury of having the car you love, and driving a beater back and forth to work. I don't mean some unreliable POS, but a truck that's far enough into it's life that a few rock chips and door dings aren't going to affect you. Who wants to slug a really nice vehicle back and forth to work? Put some wheels & tires on it, & make it your own. Let something less valuable, and loved, take the bumps and bruises, and keep the Mustang.
This is my philosophy. I have never purchased a brand new car, not even my 350. I've always viewed my daily as utilitarian as I use it for my business. The GT350 (along with my 2 other previous gt's) is the only impractical car I have owned, but it is absolutely a phenomenal drivers car. I recently gave my 08 Mazda Tribute to my son and had to purchase a new daily/beater. I ended up buying a 2016 Mazda CX-5 and its turned out to be the best compact SUV I have ever owned. very engaging to drive, quick, balanced, fun to drive around town which is 90% of my mileage.
Financially i've always attempted to live below my means which frees me up mentally, reduces stress and allows the option to really hone in on what's important and what types of "wants" will be satisfying to you without taking big risks.
I guess the bottom line is how much do you love the 350R? and are you willing to live with a slight downgrade on your truck to have the luxury of a fantastic drivers car. I would also ask yourself it you have the opportunity to drive the R on a track or do some spirited driving or are you in an area that does not facilitate that type of driving. Limited road options can kill the enthusiasm for the 350/350R
here is the cx5 review for what it's worth...

Sponsored