Sponsored

Would you let color alone stop you from buying a great used car?

Would you let color alone stop you from buying a great used car?

• Total voters

Zooks527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KB GT, 401A, 6MT, PP1, S&S, MR, AE, B&O / 2005 Toyota Tacoma
When I bought my Corvette back in the day, I didn't let color stop me. Turns out that I regretted it for the entire time I owned the car.
Sponsored

Copperhead73

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derrick
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium Convertible PP1, A10, Mag, B&O, A/E, S&S
I guess it depends on the color. Brown would be a hard pass. White can look wonderful.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Same here, depends on the color. I wanted a Bullitt but no A10 killed that. Then wanted an Orange Fury GT but the one I found was already sold. Then went to Velocity Blue. Found the perfect one only to find out it was wrecked on the lot by an out of control pickup truck. I know have an Oxford White GT/CS and I love it. If it were Black forgetaboutit.

I Bleed Ford Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2023 grabber blue metallic Mach 1
I haven't bought used in 20 years, but even now I pass on colors I don't want. I will skip options as long as it's the right color

Deleted member 35644

I wanted Velocity, but nobody within 300 miles had one with 101A, so I settled for Kona. Would've passed on black (even harder than Kona to keep looking good), Magnetic or Need for Green (just not my jive). You have to look at it every day....make sure you like it.

Sponsored

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
If you order, you just have to wait the few months and get everything you want. That wait is soooooooo terrible though, my wife wanted to kill me and so did the dealer I'm sure lol.

My buddy at work has the pony package and while it's not my thing, it does look great!

I also 100% agree with the "depends on the color" thing. Kona was my always my favorite ford color but wanted to try something else. Ruby Red hasn't disappointed at all and is my new favorite now.

W.O.T. Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1 401A
I kind of did with my '19. I was dead set on Kona blue and 401A package. I was originally intending on getting the manual with black accent package, but it was almost a 80/20 split on A10 vs M6! And then trying to find one that had the options and color i wanted really made it difficult. I ended up finding one, but the deal fell through.

I ended up finding my current Mustang (19GT PP1 all options but mag ride) for $2k more and 2,000 more miles! The only caveat was that it was auto. I had heard nothing but positive things about the automatic, and i was so excited to finally find what i wanted (the color was what was holding me back at this point) and i went for it. I dont regret it a bit, and it was almost a blessing in disguise.

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
I like quite a few different colors, and generally, my desire is more a, call it, color family. So if I wanted a neutral color, I'd be good with black, silver, gray - I like red interior on neutral exteriors, so with red, I'd be good with white as well.

My car is a good example, I wanted a change up, something, bright, non-gray-scale, so blue, yellow, and I knew I liked orange too, and since it was one of my colors, when I found a killer deal on Orange Fury, it was a no brainer (and this was a ++KILLER++ deal).

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
I'm a hard pass on black. I'll only consider white and silver if I also buy a set of colorful stripes to break up the monotony. I utterly despise the all-black interior. I've love to trade seats for brown or white. I'll be getting 2-color K-something seat cover replacement when he suspension is sorted.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Certain colors I will not buy. I have been considering a different color, but for some reason my last 6 fun / newer cars have been black. Some were deliberate, but others just happened to turn out that way (best color available).

Sponsored

Zinc03svt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
stang
No, I found 3 brand new stangs at 3 different dealerships with exact same options and color. Was not my first pick in color, but having 3 dealers drop their pants against each other to get my business was worth the color sacrifice. :).

LxMike

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Gt.
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, I have a few colors I will not buy. I've had red cars so prefer something other than red. I had one white car and got one grease stain on it changing oil and could never get it out. Blue maybe depending on shade. Green: ummm maybe a dark shade here. Yellow: no chance. Orange: I have always like the hugger orange that chevy had on the late 60's cameras. Black is the color of the mustang I have now. I know it take more work keeping. aback car clean n shiny, but when it does I can't help but grin like the first time I saw it all detailed at dealer.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
A 1

Is that a 50th anniversary grill on an 18? Didnt know those fit those years
It's a Corral grill which has been offered on many Mustang model years, including the original and 50th Anniversary cars. VERY cool. I didn't feel my 2016 was a real Mustang until I found a Corral grill for it.

ManyfordsnoMustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT convertible Magnetic 10 spd auto loaded; '04 Maruader SC, 1970 442 W30 Convertible, 2014 Fusion Energi
If I hate the color yes, it would stop me from buying it, you have to look at it and live with it every day you own it. To me, these newer Mustangs look good in all the colors they offer. If you are buying used, like I did, then second or third choice may be what you have to settle on. I spent a long time looking for the Mustang I wanted. As others said if you can be patient chances are one will pop up close enough to what you want.

I started out wanting magnetic metal. Then saw a Kona blue in person during the day and wanted one (would match my twilight blue 442). So I starting searching Kona and Magnetic, next thing you know I saw a velocity blue at night and started searching for one of those. When at a dealer I saw a Ruby red which I thought was very classy looking and was leaning that way. Then saw pictures of MaskedRacerX's car and was sold on Fury Orange. Looked at multiple oranges and went to buy one but it had a lot dings and scratches.

Where you live also plays a role in what color you buy. I like the black and white cars a lot but in Chicago it is often so dirty and cloudy out I just didn't want to mess with either of those colors this time around. I have a white Town Car and a black Marauder. My wife has a Silver fusion which is a great looking car but I felt would be boring on a mustang. The orange and greens do not pop here in Chicago on grey days. The Kona can look muted too as well as the Ruby red. The only color I knew I didn't want was race red, and that's not because of it looking bad I just didn't want red, it looks awesome on these cars.

In the end I looked at every single 2019 color and could live with any of them. I ended up buying my original preference, a magnetic grey which popped up with all the options I wanted plus a bunch more for way less than any car I looked at. That is what I ended up with. Wow that was a long answer.
Sponsored

Last edited: