Sponsored

Would you go to the 50th Celebration without the 2015 BDay Boy?

Would you go to the 50th BDay Party without the 2015 BDay Boy?

• Yes, I would go anyway.

Votes: 11 34.4%
  • No, I would only go to see the 2015.

Votes: 21 65.6%

• Total voters

JohnZiraldo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
86 Mustang GT Conv., 11 Edge Sport
Would you go to one of the 50th Anniversary Celebrations if you didn't know for certain that some version of the 2015 Mustang would be on display?
Sponsored

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Please don't tell me you've heard a whisper :(

It is a big.........no HUGE draw for me. I will be very, very pee-ed off if it's not there :rant:

OP
OP
JohnZiraldo

JohnZiraldo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Please don't tell me you've heard a whisper :(

It is a big.........no HUGE draw for me. I will be very, very disappointed if it's not there :rant:
No rumors! No information!
It is just a question that I have been asked several times, so I decided to do a poll.

Mriley

Gotta be honest, even if I were not in NY, I would go wherever I think I have the best chance of seeing the S550 in person..... whether that's the LV/Charlotte celebrations or Detroit, New York, etc. So I will have to vote no. But more accurately I would still go, just not if I knew I had a chance to see the S550 elsewhere at that time.

I just hope we hear well in advance if it is out of state so I can make plans.

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Phew! :D

My only fear is the rumoured '14.5 model. If that is, indeed, based on the S197, then I hope they don't wait until April 17th to launch it. Bring that out this year......perhaps at LA?

I really, really want to see S550 at the 50th celebrations, even if its not available for sale and is classed as a 95% production-ready "concept".

As far as the poll? If voted NO.........but the reality is I'll be booking my trip in the coming weeks, so I will be there, but if Ford are reading this, I want them to appreciate just how important it is for S550 to be there :paddle:

Sponsored

Boss2013

Threads
Reaction score
The celebration is about the model, not the latest generation of the model. Wouldn't matter to me if the 2015 was there or not, I'll still be rocking the '65 fastback and '90 coupe!

Besides, I have no doubt they will have a 6th Gen there just like the 5th Gen was at the 40th celebration in Nashville.

OP
OP
JohnZiraldo

JohnZiraldo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Phew! :D

I really, really want to see S550 at the 50th celebrations, even if its not available for sale and is classed as a 95% production-ready "concept".
That is my sentiment too. Even GM did that for the Camaro fans for 3 years.

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
That is my sentiment too. Even GM did that for the Camaro fans for 3 years.
Plus, we know it's out there. They could show one of the mock-ups that were at the customer clinics...........but I'm pretty sure Ford are more than capable of having something available.

Thed

Future Pre-Runner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Miata Club
It'll be the largest Mustang gathering... ever. I'm going birthday boy or not.

OP
OP
JohnZiraldo

JohnZiraldo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It'll be the largest Mustang gathering... ever. I'm going birthday boy or not.
Easy for you to say Thed. You're already there. :)

What if you were booking a flight from Great Britain and reserving a rental Mustang? :confused:

Sponsored

GTsquid

The celebration is about the model, not the latest generation of the model. Wouldn't matter to me if the 2015 was there or not, I'll still be rocking the '65 fastback and '90 coupe!

Besides, I have no doubt they will have a 6th Gen there just like the 5th Gen was at the 40th celebration in Nashville.
Well said. I plan to be in Vegas no matter.... and I have faith Ford will show it at some point during the celebration. A simultaneous reveal in NY, Vegas and Charlotte would be pretty awesome.

Anyway there are going to be hundreds of photos taken wherever the S550 is revealed..... that'll good enough for me to place an order.

OP
OP
JohnZiraldo

JohnZiraldo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I sure would like to see a bunch more votes on this poll to help Ford and MCA understand the interest by Ford fans to see the new Mustang at the 50th.

Even if you are not able to go, would the presence or absence of the S550 affect your decision if you were thinking of going?

Again, I have no knowledge of Ford's plans to have the S550 attend or not, but I wish I did know and that it was a loud and public YES!

Melino

It would be disappointing and assuming Ford is still on the fence about this, I'll vote NO! :)

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Dear Ford, please ensure S550 is front and center at the 50th Anniversary celebrations. Thank you, from a huge Mustang fan who's traveling half way across the world to see it :thumbsup:

Dear Ford, please ensure S550 is front and center at the 50th Anniversary celebrations. Thank you, from a huge Mustang fan who's traveling half way across the world to see it :thumbsup:

I would post this 550 times, but I think I may crash a server or two :p

Thed

Future Pre-Runner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Miata Club
Easy for you to say Thed. You're already there. :)

What if you were booking a flight from Great Britain and reserving a rental Mustang? :confused:
It'd still be a fun time.
Sponsored