Sponsored

Would you go to the 50th Celebration without the 2015 BDay Boy?

Would you go to the 50th BDay Party without the 2015 BDay Boy?

• Yes, I would go anyway.

Votes: 11 34.4%
  • No, I would only go to see the 2015.

Votes: 21 65.6%

• Total voters

Thed

Future Pre-Runner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Miata Club
Dear Ford, please enure S550 is front and center at the 50th Anniversary celebrations. Thank you, from a huge Mustang fan who's traveling half way across the world to see it :thumbsup:

Dear Ford, please enure S550 is front and center at the 50th Anniversary celebrations. Thank you, from a huge Mustang fan who's traveling half way across the world to see it :thumbsup:

I would post this 550 times, but I think I may crash a server or two :p
Don't you mean *ensure? Times six? :D
Sponsored

NRMStand

Plus, we know it's out there. They could show one of the mock-ups that were at the customer clinics...........but I'm pretty sure Ford are more than capable of having something available.
It's going to be either the real thing or nothing. One thing is for sure, if they dont show it in Charlotte or LV it won't be because it's not ready. I'm sure they could show one now even if testing still needs to be done.

I think the only thing would be if Ford wants it center stage at NYIAS and no public/media eyes elsewhere. Doubt that though. I think this will be not just a national event, but a global one.

KZStang

The celebration is about the model, not the latest generation of the model. Wouldn't matter to me if the 2015 was there or not, I'll still be rocking the '65 fastback and '90 coupe!

Besides, I have no doubt they will have a 6th Gen there just like the 5th Gen was at the 40th celebration in Nashville.
This is true but just like the 40th, the 50th will be used to highlight the next-generation Mustang. You can bet it will be there, not just for show but I'd expect they will do a few laps at the speedway to show it off just like in Nashville. It's not just that it is the anniversary, this is a great marketing event too. I know a few people on the fence that decided right then and there after seeing it in Nashville to buy a 2005. If they want to get a head start on pre-orders that is - the more people that get to see it in person the better.

Here's a few news clippings of the 40th event for those that missed it.

Ford's presence was pretty heavy there...... and you can bet it will go all blitz for the enthusiast events next April.

nfs_three-quarter.jpg

nfs_nose.jpg

69 SCW Mach 1 001.JPG

MustangShootingBrake.jpg
40th -1.jpg
40th-2.jpg
40th-3.jpg
40th-4.jpg

OP
OP
JohnZiraldo

JohnZiraldo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
86 Mustang GT Conv., 11 Edge Sport
Here's a few news clippings of the 40th event for those that missed it.

Ford's presence was pretty heavy there...... and you can bet it will go all blitz for the enthusiast events next April.
Great post KZStang. That brought back some great memories.

I want to be confident too that Ford will do the right thing for all the Mustang enthusiasts. It's hard to believe they would not have the S550 there.

I just hope that they will announce it well in advance so everyone can be confident in making their travel commitments sooner rather than later.

Sponsored

OKCfan

I think not only will they show it but they will showcase it even more than the previous anniversary celebrations. All this secrecy is building up to something really big and once the cover is pulled off (which by April 17th it just plain HAS to be) they will milk it for all it's worth.

yanks1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2008 GT/Calif Special Vert
I would go regardless... its a celebration of 50 years of the Mustang, just not the new upcoming model. But yes, it would be awesome if there was an unveiling

Rich

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6, Suzuki C50, former 67 Mustang owner
No, I would not go. With all the camoed mules Ford is driving around, how could they not have actual s550's at the celebration. Even if they are not in full production by then, Ford would still have many different versions at each event. This 50th will be too important to the company's image to screw it up.

OP
OP
JohnZiraldo

JohnZiraldo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The latest pictures of the 2015 interior, and hints of serious improvements in platform and styling are making the next Mustang much more highly anticipated than it was just a month back. Ford is taking the Mustang down a new path with the 50th and the Celebrations certainly better reflect this change from the retro past to the modern worldwide future. I just can't imagine Ford letting all the Mustang fans gather in Las Vegas and Charlotte to celebrate the past without showing the future.

I am even more convinced that if we knew that the 2015 would not be showing off at the 50th BDay Celebrations, most of us would not attend. The 2015 Mustang now appears to be too big of a deal to not be there.

Please be sure to vote in the poll.

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Hi John

Well, the latest shots just fuel my desire to see our new baby in the metal.

FORD, YOU LISTENING? :paddle:

:thumbsup:

Hopefully you may be able to answer a query for me though, John. I paid for my "All Days Passes" a few weeks back, now, and received my Paypal receipt. Should I expect to receive anything in the post, or via email in terms of tickets? I appreciate its still a way off, but I thought I'd get more than just a Paypal confirmation.

(I chose just to order the All Days Pass as we'll be in a rental, so no point registering a car for entry).

Cheers
Paul

:)

Sponsored
OP
OP
JohnZiraldo

JohnZiraldo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hopefully you may be able to answer a query for me though, John. I paid for my "All Days Passes" a few weeks back, now, and received my Paypal receipt. Should I expect to receive anything in the post, or via email in terms of tickets? I appreciate its still a way off, but I thought I'd get more than just a Paypal confirmation.
Paul,
I received an email from this address [email protected] saying "Thank you for registering for on(sic) Motosho for Mustang 50th Birthday Celebration. Your registration has been confirmed and will be completed once your PayPal payment has been recieved (sic)."
It then provided my confirmation number in this same note, but I did not receive anything further as yet.
I would expect to now register at the show entrance by providing my name and confirmation number to receive my pass.
If you did not receive a confirmation number, I would suggest sending an email to Motosho.
Let us know.
John

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Thank you John, your reply is very helpful. I'll send an email to that address.

:)

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Guess what I found in my Junk Mail folder :headbonk:

:eek:
Sponsored