Sponsored

Would you change you mind if you could reverse your Mustang Purchase?

Pkvir

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium-PP1
After three months and 1,300 miles, I am completely satisfied. Actually, I'm happier than I thought I would be.
Sponsored

EmCel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Em
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt
I bought my first mustang gt in 2018 with 800 miles. It was an auto but I loved it still. I drive a lot so within a year & 1/2 I put about 60k miles on that car. Oil changes, wheel bearing needing replacement, tires, alignments.... I sold it.
Then I got the one I have now which is manual like I wanted, nice color, really great deal on price. I wouldn't change it for anything or anyone. So yašŸ˜€ no regrets here. Even if it starts acting up, shit happens. I have fun in it.

Last edited:

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
No, i like my mustang..

OldPhart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜05 GMC P/U, ā€˜17 Impala, 19 Bullitt
Hi - After two years the answer is a resounding no. I had never owned or driven a Mustang so buying one in my mid to late 70s did come with some apprehension. I hadn't ridden in one nor had I even taken a test drive. So, to lay out around $50G on a bunch of question marks was not something I would normally do and was a little unnerving to say the least. Most things about the car are as good or better than I hoped for. The handling /comfort of the ride (MagneRide) and driver visibility are better than expected. The exhaust sound is mesmerizing and the Electronics Package provided some nice perks such as the memory seat function. This forum had me wondering about the shifter and tranny, but I have no concerns to date. My wife even finds the car to have ample shopping space. Since the back seats are essentially useless to us, she views that as extra storage space to supplement the generous trunk. We've always got the pickup with its 8 ft. bed if some serious shopping is called for. Another thing I like, which others don't, is the tall gearing. At my age, depreciation is a mute point as one of my granddaughters will probably be waiting with open arms when the family decides my driving years are over and hide the keys on me. So, as the lady in the bar said "I think we got a winner"... Bruce

Last edited:

Sponsored

S550 HPP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Ecoboost High Performance Package
I wish I'd either had the dealership search for a GT with nav or an Eco-Boost Premium HPP with MagneRide.
Thatā€™s exactly why I ordered my HPP with the six speed and the handling package. Dealers had a terrible selection, for me, here in Utah.

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase
I only might regret buying it (actually just a new car) just a year before COVID-19, Could have just racked up more savings and prepared for my ongoing economic issues with the Pandemic. But no I am subtly still putting some personal tastes to it :)

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
I wish to change my mind. Earlier I had said I should have kept the Porsche I traded for the Mustang. But, after several more months of stories about the Porsche PDK failures, I may miss the Porsche, but not having to worry about a $20k transmission replacement or $30k+ bore scoring fix, makes the Mustang look pretty good.

JohnD

Legend in his own mind
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 track day car
Haven't regretted it and as long as I'm alive it's going to be in my possession. Only thing I should have done is load it up with driveline coolers the second I bought it, that's it's greatest failing as a track day car.

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
As I stated earlier, I like my mustang it's all hooked up the way I like it.. (see signature). but I wouldn't buy another one simply because they are overpriced.

Sponsored

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT premium A10 (SOLD)
I have owned several cars in my lifetime but there have been 3 that gave me the most pride and exceeded my expectations: 1990 Thunderbird SC, 2010 Lincoln MKS ecoboost, 2018 Mustang GT. The Mustang is probably my favorite of all.

WhiteyDog

WOOF!!!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP
Nope, wouldn't give it a second thought. It was the exact color and package that I wanted. I knew I wanted to HEAVILY mod the suspension with everything there was to offer, (which I did). Give it a supercharger (which I did), and now it's a flat-out curve handling shredder with plenty of power. I was only going to buy a new car once in my lifetime and do anything I wanted to it. I could've literally bought almost any car I wanted. This was it and I won't be doing it again.

Cemclo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Clayton
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
Yes. Absolutely yes. I love my car like family. Cuz I have to. I was on a tight schedule and chose a car in 48 hrs. Financed a mustang for 52k with a getrag transmission. The transmission easily means Iā€™ve lost 10k worth of value instantly. Wether it is the knowledge of a faulty transmission or the cost to swaps trans and degradation of originality, I can never get it back. Lucky for me I Iā€™m all about aftermarket mods and upgrades. But, I still feel like I was wronged. Hell I feel betrayed. I bought extended warranties and GAP for peace of mind. I will own the mustang for 20 years and probably 2 engines. But I will never buy another ford unless itā€™s older.

Cemclo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Clayton
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
So far, my answer is no :D. But I only have 1K miles on it, so ask me in a few thousands more, to know if my engine has the freaking 'tick' or not. That's the only known issue that would change my answer :). But my engine sounds great at the moment. I'm changing the oil in the next few days, which will be the first test for the infamous tick. If it doesn't appear on the second oil change around 6K miles, there's a very high likelihood it might never show up on my engine. We'll see.
just donā€™t put 5w-20 in it. Itā€™s a v8. You will feel a huge difference. Especially in your rpms between shifts. Should help with ticking as well

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
Knowing what I know now I'd have kept looking for a PP1 or 2 car.

I bought used and this car was priced about 6,000 below market, dealer was going out of business.

I have a few thousand in mods and the car is what I think it should be.
Sponsored