Sponsored

Would you change you mind if you could reverse your Mustang Purchase?

Alan2955

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 ecoboost premium auto convertible standard suspension optional 19 inch wheels
Yes. I would go back to my 14 S197. Sorry I ever sold it at this point. Regretted buying an S550 ever since I brought it home. Look forward to finding another 13/14 model I can get back into.
Me too. Preferred my 2014 V6 premium convertible to my 2020 EcoBoost premium convertible. Many improvements on the 2020, especially the interior, but the harsh ride (19 inch wheels probably a mistake), jerky transmission, and groaning engine tip the scale to the 2014 in my opinion. If it wasn’t already gone I would buy it back and dump this thing.
Sponsored

Alan2955

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 ecoboost premium auto convertible standard suspension optional 19 inch wheels
I had a loaded 14 GT/CS. No way I would go back to that with my base 18 GT a10 pp1. This 18 would run circles around that full bolt on 14. Seats sucked.

What is your reasoning? Curious.
Showing opinions vary, I preferred the seat comfort and seating position in my 2014 to my 2020..LOL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
Hell yes! Would place an order for one with a few more goodies on it probably, maybe a Mach1 in fighter jet gray down the road. I just thought this one was going to be my last.

kiksbutt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang

Sponsored

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
Vehicle Showcase
I tried to sell the car 2 times in the past 1.5 years. However after the last suspension upgrades I really like how it corners and I'm not scared to drive it anymore. The car is great though and it's so me in any way possible that I can't imagine selling or trading it. However I have my eyes set on ether a used GT350 or a Mach 1 depending on price. But overall no I wouldn't reverse my purchase because it was very well planned.

OP
OP
RasJeremy

RasJeremy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ras
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 5.0 2020
Heck man! Didn't think this would get so many replies, but thanks all! :like:

I got my theory confirmed, but I have to admit that there were more unhappy owners than I thought before posting.

I am really looking forward to picking up my own Mustang in a couple of weeks and finally be able to call myself a Mustang owner. Due to our Danish taxes it is quite an expensive adventure so with it being my first Mustang, it will probably also be my last.

mustang5o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Oxford White Mach 1 Handling Pack
I had 13 Boss 302 Laguna Seca before my PP2 so I have some regrets about letting that car go. The PP2 is my sixth Mustang overall (91 LX 5.0, 93 LX 5.0, 99 GT, 14 GT TP, 13 Boss LS), However, the 19 PP2 is a much better street car and with street tires (RE71s) I was just as fast around a track as my Boss on racing slicks. That being said I should have waited a bit longer and put money towards a GT350 or I might have even waited longer for the Mach 1 after it was announced (which I might still try to swing in a year or two). I'm having the same thoughts I had when I switched from the Boss to the PP2...do I spend money on mods or just save up and put that money towards a new car with some better features. Then I'd have to decide if I wanted the automatic or manual Mach1.

SoFla2016PP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP M6
I have a little regret with my 2016 after seeing how much quicker the 18-20s are. Still though to me the car feels much better than my 2014 GT. And not enough to make me get rid of it.

Sponsored

v8hgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Race Red GT PP Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Absolutely yes. I would have purchased the used Jaguar XKR or Maserati GT I debated back in 2016 when I bought my Mustang. I strongly suspect it would have been the Maserati as the rear space it offers is better than the mustang and I wouldn't have minded slightly less performance for the added build quality of the Maserati.... never thought I would say Maserati and build quality in the same sentence, but compared to Ford, the Maserati quality is to Rolls Royce levels!

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
Vehicle Showcase
I'd still own one, but I'd have started with two options that I didn't get: Performance Pack and Cloth Recaros. I've addressed the hardware of the first one and some, but I wish I had just spent the money up front.
Even after your experience I still think for the track starting with base GT is much easier. Since you will be replacing the suspension, wheels, and brakes anyway. Besides the Tower Brace and bigger radiator what you are missing from the PP1 ?

Meatball

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT
I have a little regret with my 2016 after seeing how much quicker the 18-20s are. Still though to me the car feels much better than my 2014 GT. And not enough to make me get rid of it.
Drop in a (<$1K) Ford Performance power pack 2 and you’re nearly there, or a PP3 and you’re there or a little past there. You’ll still have OEM driveability characteristics, and more fun manual gear ratios. 91+ only, though.

if you mean the A10, that’s going to be very difficult to catch NA and probably not worth trying. Best bet there is to trade-in or consider FI (your engine is very well suited for FI).

Brian@BMVK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT - Sold
Even after your experience I still think for the track starting with base GT is much easier. Since you will be replacing the suspension, wheels, and brakes anyway. Besides the Tower Brace and bigger radiator what you are missing from the PP1 ?
I would not replace the brakes from the PP1. Maybe pads, but not the rest.
In addition to what you mentioned also get:
-Upper and lower K braces and cowl extension panel
-Front lateral arms with bearings
-Front tension arms with brake deflectors
-TORSEN diff with 3.73 gears - cannot overstate the importance of this one
-PP splitter and belly pan that allow the brake deflectors to work
-Unique EPAS calibration - cannot add this later
-Unique advancetrac/TC calibration - cannot add this later
-Unique ABS calibration - cannot add this later

I did start from a base and there's no way I'd do it again. I didn't save money vs the package and it was a lot of work.
Sponsored