Sponsored

Would you change you mind if you could reverse your Mustang Purchase?

kiksbutt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
This is my third mustang. All three had some sort of issues. Ford quality is piss poor. My biggest gripe is the MT82. I've had over a dozen manual transmission cars, all German, and shifting was NEVER an issue. My 2011 5.0, I drove it off lot and needed new transmission half a mile down the road. The new transmission was shit too, grinding, notchy etc. My 2019 PP2 has notchy shifting. I just want a smooth shift, it's a hit or a miss. That sort of ruins the fun for me, but no regrets. I love the looks, the sound, and power. But when you pay 50k+ we should have higher standards other than minimizing these issues and scrubbing it off with "tis a mustang"
Sponsored

W.O.T. Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1 401A
Absolutely not. I came from an 11GT premium and went to a 19GT premium. Its a world of difference apart. I could never go back for so very many reasons. Not the say the '11 wasn't a good car at all, but it's more 'race car' where the 19 is more daily driver / luxury yet still a Mustang.

tee_cup

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Teecup
Vehicle(s)
GT
If I was not so hasty and being particular about having it all, I would have remained with my 2017 GT, with the blacked out package.
But, that Active Exhaust kept 'calling me'. I could have kept that car, paid it off, and probably got a decent price on a newer Mustang now.

TLDR:
In short, from an financial aspect, I would 'reverse my Mustang purchase'.

LarsenGrind

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lars
Vehicle(s)
2017 Euro-Spec GT
Best money I've ever spend. Even tho it was 110k USD OTD, cuz' of the 150% car taxes, we have here. But U know all about this, OP. :headbang:

S550 HPP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Ecoboost High Performance Package
If I could do it over again, I would have ordered one instead of buying off the lot. There are a few options I wish mine had, like factory nav and the reverse sensors.
Bingo.

My best decision was ordering exactly what I wanted and not settling for what was on the lot. No, I wouldn’t reverse my decision.

Sponsored

jmorris47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Nope, I would not. I ordered my 2019PPL2 loaded. I had Leabon Ford toss in some go faster parts. Then I upgraded the supercharger to Roush Phase 2. Is it perfect? Nope. Its a Ford Mustang so fit and finish is good but not perfect. But for my performance dollar it is the best deal for me.
20190912_151305.jpg

k_po

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
I've had my 2020 Base GT since April and I'm torn.
I traded in my 16' Focus ST3 for it - and there's a lot to miss. The ST3's interior was hands down, way better (could actually fit adults in the back seat, but I'm not carpooling anyone, so that's a mute point) - it handled turns like a champ and didn't catch anyone's attention (since getting the s550, lots of d-bags seem to try and race me... it's like, "I'm not driving fast relative to you, I just like driving!")

On the other hand, it feels like a more mature car, it looks sexy as hell (got black w/ black accents) and I've always wanted a mustang - now I have one. On the other hand, once paid off fully, if a Focus RS comes up w/ low mileage - I will for sure pounce.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
I've had my 19' GT/CS since March 19'. Barely 6k miles. Loved it day one, still do. Do not regret it for a second. But those pictures of the FJG Mach 1 are driving me (pun intended) nuts. We'll see. :)

BAYoung

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brooks
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium 10 speed, rapid red, pp1,
I love my car, but yes, I would have gotten something else. Now that I know the tlx type s is coming, im getting the itch for one.

Dabitz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
I miss my tuned 420whp 17' F-Pace but when I do, I go for a drive in my 19 GT Premium. The burbles and crackles in track mode (active exhaust with Steeda h-pipe) when lazy shifting are therapeutic. So no, I don't regret it. My dream car is the F-Type Sport though.

Sponsored

tom_sprecher

Living Race Car Free
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP 6MT Race Red
I enjoy this car so much I wish I had the chance to buy another one in the future just like it as new when this one wears out. Especially if it had the same terms of $0 down, 0% APR for 60 months.

OldPhart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
‘05 GMC P/U, ‘17 Impala, 19 Bullitt
Hi - Very interesting topic. I suppose we all think about that when we replace a previous vehicle. I just read all the responses for the first time and am not surprised by the "all over the board" answers. Everyone is different and motivated by different things. There are track people, style people, comfort people, long time Ford loyalists, different age groups, etc, so one would expect the wide range of responses. The simple answer is that I have zero regrets and wouldn't change a thing - a happy camper. My '19 Bullitt is my first Mustang ever and first Ford since the '60s. I traded a Corvette for this car because I wanted to own and drive a Mustang before my fun car days are over. I think the Corvette was a childhood "bucket list" thing. A friend has a new black Vette and let me drive it the other day - fantastic car. It has some features I would like such as the steering wheel and the heads-up display on the windshield. There are also surprisingly a number of shared features such as gauge displays, choice of driving mode and active exhaust. I'm fortunate in that money is not an issue so that didn't play a role in not getting another Vette. I enjoyed the Vette and glad I had it, but didn't really desire another one. I don't know about any of you, but there are some psychological aspects at play with me. I feel less conspicuous driving around in my Mustang with its retro/sleeper look and while I was not ashamed about driving a Corvette I always felt a little self conscious around some my friends. Like I said previously, we're all different and I think the Mustang is a better fit for us. Please don't take offense if you're a Corvette, BMW, Porsche, Audi, etc. fan, they're great automobiles, but just not us for whatever psychological reason. Happy travels... Bruce

P.S. I'm very happy my wife hasn't traded this old geezer in for a newer model.
F12A62A9-6E30-4658-ADD6-F51D8467942C.jpeg

Last edited:

Stang 19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 Ford Performance Blue
Hello everyone!

I have for some time thought about this topic, and even though I probably know the answer since you guys are still here I thought I'd ask! :wink:

We have a few different topics about what we don't like about the S550 and things we wanted different. At the same time we have a lot of topics about small issues which are driving us nuts about the car.
A car can be a piece of shit... but a loved piece of shit :crackup:

So... if you had the chance to reverse the deal on you S550 and get every penny including mods, insurance, road tax etc. back and keep all the knowledge about owning a S550. Would you still be owning a 6th generation Mustang? :question:

In less than a month I will pick up my first (and probably only) Mustang - a MY2020 PP and I'm looking forward to it like a child for Christman morning, but I gotta admit that I fear I will be disappointed in some way if I get the engine tick, dumb panel gaps or something like it. Though I can't see why I shouldn't love it regardless of it :like:
Hell, NO!

Daryl333

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daryl
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
No. I still stare at it whenever walking away etc. I went from a Blown '06 to a 2017 Premium Ingot Silver 6R80 GT. With ebony seats.
The unfortunate tick and 2K rattle has been taken care of with Cera-Tec.
So with an '18 PP1 Spoiler, Billet grilles, BMR Susp Goodies, ARH Headers, JLT Intake and some interior mods. The only thing I would change would be a blower.

tcman54

Stanghead
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Terry
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Hell no, there is only about two things that put a smile on my face, my car and my girlfriend, wouldn't trade either one for anything.

Love you Abbie and always will :)

TC
Sponsored