Sponsored

Would you buy a CFTP without CF wheels?

TxGT350-52

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 Lead Foot, 2021 Diesel Tremor CG
Doing a nationwide search, I ran across a nice low-mileage CFTP, but it had black Signature Series wheels and aftermarket tires. The car had two previous owners and it was purchased by the selling dealer at auction. As with all dealers, their ad lists every possible factory item, including the CF wheels. I am pretty sure the non-Ford dealer had no clue about the missing wheels when they bought it.

Quite honestly, I would probably do the same thing if I buy a CFTP, but I am wondering how much less I should offer for the missing wheels? Also long term, how much less valuable will it be to a future purist buyer? And finally, how much to replace them?
Sponsored

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
15k minimum. Itā€™s not a cftp without the wheels, period. Nothing wrong with putting on a set of forged wheels if you want a styling change or your concerned about sticky fingers, but its completely not necessary if its about strength. The oem wheels(carbon) are stronger then forged from an impact perspective. Best of luck.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/c...ang-shelby-gt500-wheels-by-carbon-revolution/

Last edited:

22MAVXLT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mustang GT
May not apply, but I have a tint customer of mine selling his CF wheels off of his for $12k.

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
I don't have a dog in the fight, but I was curious of pricing and piecing together a set.

On Ebay, one seller has listed a new, in-the-box set for $17,000. Two or three other ads at other sites, from car owners, list wheels+tires for roughly same.

What I found most difficult would be to piece together a set. If those two or three listings (four with the one here in post #3) were not currently available, an interested buyer might spend quite a bit of time, and $, buying one here, one there or waiting for four to come up for sale.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I have a set laying around. They were repaired. I'll let a set go for 9k. You might not like the look of one of the rears (that one was repaired by spyder composites) but it was repaired to withstand track use. The rest of the wheels look nice.

I also have a set of CFHP wheels (black painted by Ford) for the CFHP. I'd want 12k for those. They are brand new never used.

So that should give you an idea what the extra cost will be if you want to buy a car with aluminum wheels when it should come with carbon fiber.

What moron sells his CF wheels in favor of aluminum?

Sponsored

OP
OP
TxGT350-52

TxGT350-52

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 Lead Foot, 2021 Diesel Tremor CG
I have a set laying around. They were repaired. I'll let a set go for 9k. You might not like the look of one of the rears (that one was repaired by spyder composites) but it was repaired to withstand track use. The rest of the wheels look nice.

I also have a set of CFHP wheels (black painted by Ford) for the CFHP. I'd want 12k for those. They are brand new never used.

So that should give you an idea what the extra cost will be if you want to buy a car with aluminum wheels when it should come with carbon fiber.

I am not sure what kind of moron(s) owned the car before it was sold at auction, but I would be very surprised if the wheels are somehow still with the car. (Where would they put them?).

I was traveling home all day today, so I was not able to contact the selling dealer. I will call them on Monday, but they are asking MSRP for the car with only 1500 miles, so to me that means there are no surprise CF wheels hiding in the trunk.

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
A moron that most likely couldnā€™t afford the payments after the buyers remorse kicked in. But a moron non the less.

mavisky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350

Given the number of CFTP owners I know who have multiple sets, it's a surprising number that let them go as opposed to letting them sit in the garage.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Given the number of CFTP owners I know who have multiple sets, it's a surprising number that let them go as opposed to letting them sit in the garage.
When you have more than you will ever need.....

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
I am not sure what kind of moron(s) owned the car before it was sold at auction, but I would be very surprised if the wheels are somehow still with the car. (Where would they put them?).

I was traveling home all day today, so I was not able to contact the selling dealer. I will call them on Monday, but they are asking MSRP for the car with only 1500 miles, so to me that means there are no surprise CF wheels hiding in the trunk.
MSRP for a CFTP without the very thing that makes it a CFTP, the wheels.

Yes, the car is in the VIN, but the wheels make up the heart of the car as it was designed.

Sponsored

AMBJR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ALLEN
Vehicle(s)
03 Mustang Cobra-20 GT500

"ME" I sold you mine!!!

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
"ME" I sold you mine!!!
No, you didn't. Wasn't that Tim you sold them to? Tim/Tom..... what's the difference?

Why would someone buy a CFTP and sell the wheels? Why not just buy a base and install a wing like most do?

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase

LMAO, they are out there .......... :champagne:

RagmopInKona

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang HHP
Call or email the dealer the oem wheels might be with the car but not ON the car.
Sponsored