Would like your opinion on adding "non-racing" stripes to rapid red mustang

mustangrapidred21

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Eoboost Rapid Red
I have a 2021 rapid red ecoboost. I love the color but there's something about seeing them with the dual, gloss white stripes that makes it look even better (IMO). Did a lot of research online and determined that if I do it I'm going to go with Eagle Enterprise's kit for 18-22 GT's and ecoboosts.
What do you think about doing it and if I do, putting on the gloss white (as opposed to black)?
I know there are very opposite sides to this topic but I value your opinions so don't hesitate to say what you think. Here's a photo of what it would look like after adding the stripes.
FOUND AN ECOBOOST SHOWING WHAT I WANT TO DO.:)

Screen Shot 2023-03-10 at 5.59.46 PM.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

luc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT with PP
I have a 2021 rapid red ecoboost. I love the color but there's something about seeing them with the dual, gloss white stripes that makes it look even better (IMO). Did a lot of research online and determined that if I do it I'm going to go with Eagle Enterprise's kit for 18-22 GT's and ecoboosts.
What do you think about doing it and if I do, putting on the gloss white (as opposed to black)?
I know there are very opposite sides to this topic but I value your opinions so don't hesitate to say what you think. Here's a photo of what it would look like after adding the stripes.

View attachment 741566
Look nice. Beside, it’s your car, do whatever you want

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
I think stripes look terrible, but it's your car.

Do as you wish.

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT

Sponsored

ORRadtech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang EcoBoost convertible, 14 Ford Fusion SE
Stripes on a mustang are iconic. If that's the look you like then the opinions of a bunch of randos on an internet forum should mean less than nothing to you.
I would never put stripes on mine.

If that somehow influences you then that's, well, kinda sad...

MattMPA

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT, 2016 Interceptor Utility, 2005 Excursion
Really?
I think it really depends on the car and color

ED195754-D269-452C-B9CF-D22EDD0B02B4.png
I agree!

To the OP, I'd prefer white stripes on that red. I'd put stripes on my GT, but it becomes a problem with the clear bra. Maybe some rocker stripes for me...

IMG_9039.JPG

monte87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rapid RED Metallic GT
On mustangs, only Shelby's should have stripes, in my opinion. Its a classic and iconic look that those cars started back in the day.. Just my opinion, it is your car and you do what makes you happy.! =)

Anthony

JB2017V8

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jeroen
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT ford mustang
I'm one of those that likes the stripes when done well, like ORRadtech already mentioned they are iconic.
White or black it is all up to your taste, it's your car and your the one that should love it.

Sponsored

WItoTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Do what you want, and don't let others decide for you. But the photo you posted is a GT350. Your car is a 21 EB. The fronts look totally different. And if I were you, I would go crazy with it. Get lime Green, or Yellow, or something totally ridiculous. Because you only live once.

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I don’t like the stripes on any car. To me, less is more. The other thing about them is, if you get rock chips in them, they’re likely to be more of a PITA to fix than a base coat/clear coat paint job. If you do get stripes, I would suggest making them as subtle as possible, nothing that stands out more than the car itself.

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
Didn't stripes have a meaning back in the olden days of road racing when countries had specific paint colors to use?

OP
OP
mustangrapidred21

mustangrapidred21

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Eoboost Rapid Red
Do what you want, and don't let others decide for you. But the photo you posted is a GT350. Your car is a 21 EB. The fronts look totally different. And if I were you, I would go crazy with it. Get lime Green, or Yellow, or something totally ridiculous. Because you only live once.
Thanks for the feedback. Yea I know it's not a photo of an ecoboost but that's as close as I could find for posting.

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase

View attachment 741566
Your car, your choice I don't understand why folks. Need others' approval to do anything.
I would never take a picture of a Mustang with a toyota sign behind it.

LMAO Live FREE or die ..
Sponsored