Sponsored

Would it be ugly to have lowering springs on 18 inch?

18 inches rim lowered?

• Yes ugly

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • No it's gonna look good anyways

Votes: 21 95.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

goodwill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.3 to 5.0 to 2.9
I currently have any ecoboost with 18 inches rims and thinking of lowering it my question is would it be ugly can anyone post pictures ? Thanks
Sponsored

Renner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT SOLD-2015 Ecoboost SOLD
if you don't think the 18's are ugly now they will only look better without the wheel gap

derieuz

The Young Fella'
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Most race cars are on 18 inch wheels... I think the lowered ride height will make any car and wheels look better

OP
OP

goodwill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.3 to 5.0 to 2.9
If I buy the eiback kit spring and sway bar install should cost like 200? Is it fair max 300?

derieuz

The Young Fella'
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
If I buy the eiback kit spring and sway bar install should cost like 200? Is it fair max 300?
That sounds fair for an install, I would recommend the Steeda springs and sways over eibach, the eibach are very stiff and will prematurely break your stock shocks and dampers depending on road conditions and driving

Sponsored

OP
OP

goodwill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.3 to 5.0 to 2.9
Which one specific would you recommend for the steeds I think there's three of them to choose from

derieuz

The Young Fella'
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Which one specific would you recommend for the steeds I think there's three of them to choose from
I think that the Steeda sport linear springs (1 inch drop all around linear rate) would be your best bet, I went with the Ultralite springs which are a little stiffer and lower but I am already used to my gt's performance pick stiffness. I haven't inquired too much about the sport progressives, but they offer you a 1.125 drop in the front and 1 inch in the rear, have a driveable spring rate when you are cruising and they stiffen up when you push the car, so you are given the benefits of a stiff spring and the comfort of a normal one.

You would be better off asking David from Steeda, he'll probably show up on here sooner or later!

derieuz

The Young Fella'
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
They offer a ton of components to help your car handle the way you want it to, the springs, sway bars, and strut tower brace would be my first priority for you, I would then recommend the g-trac brace and rear subframe brace from Steeda if you want to take your car to the next level after the first set upgrades

OP
OP

goodwill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.3 to 5.0 to 2.9
I've never lowered any of my cars, what would you guys recommend for me to buy I heard something about toe? Something something cost like 195 in steed website

David@Steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.steeda.com
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Bolt-on, slammed S197
I think that the Steeda sport linear springs (1 inch drop all around linear rate) would be your best bet, I went with the Ultralite springs which are a little stiffer and lower but I am already used to my gt's performance pick stiffness. I haven't inquired too much about the sport progressives, but they offer you a 1.125 drop in the front and 1 inch in the rear, have a driveable spring rate when you are cruising and they stiffen up when you push the car, so you are given the benefits of a stiff spring and the comfort of a normal one.

You would be better off asking David from Steeda, he'll probably show up on here sooner or later!

Great info, derieuz!

goodwill, I'd also recommend our Sport Linear springs as it looks like it will provide the drop you're looking for, in addition to the handling benefit: http://www.steeda.com/steeda-mustang-sport-springs-ecoboost-2015-555-8209/

With the 1" drop all around you could probably hold off on the toe links if you wanted to, and put that instead toward a set of our adjustable front and rear sway bars as I feel that would be a better next step for you. Here to help with any questions you may have!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sponsored
OP
OP

goodwill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.3 to 5.0 to 2.9
no sway bar recommendation? another other bells and whistle, i just want no problems after the install thanks for the fast reply david
bumpsteerkit is it necessary?

RMS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ronny
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2015 EB, custom pack
no sway bar recommendation? another other bells and whistle, i just want no problems after the install thanks for the fast reply david
My 1996 Mustang had 17" wheels and lowered with Kenny Brown springs, looked stunning!

David@Steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.steeda.com
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Bolt-on, slammed S197

I would recommend the bumpsteer kit if you're lowering it more than an inch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP

goodwill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.3 to 5.0 to 2.9
What's the difference between the one you recommended vs the new one that just came out that guy who posted on his silver mustang

derieuz

The Young Fella'
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
The 1 inch linear drop has a stiff spring rate but is leaned in towards the everyday user and driver, it isn't as harsh as the rest but is a good increase in stiffness over stock

The other two springs that Steeda has drops the front 1.125 and the rear 1 inch, the springs are both more aggressive over stock, the progressive sport spring being more daily driver friendly and the linear spring being more towards the track and road course guy.
Sponsored