WOT Power Dip around 5000RPM

ihasnostang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Saturn ion, 2019 201A, EB PP1, Ruby Red
was that AFR on the graph measured at tail pipe? i dont think they actually run that rich. Not sure where the idea that extra fuel will cool the cat? Doesn't adding extra unburnt fuel to the cat just get burned off in the cat? anywhere here is a log from stage 2 1/4 mile, AFR uses PID "actual AFR" , seems to be a little more reasonable, as i have seen the afr gauge on my digital dash hit the low limit of 10:1

data.JPG
Sponsored

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Odyssey, Toyota Tacoma, 89 GT project, 2020 Magnetic EB HPP w/ 6M
That's fairly standard for a factory forced induction tune from my experience
Here's my gripe. It's a fly by wire throttle. Instead of running raw fuel through my engine, how about you just close the blade?

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
was that AFR on the graph measured at tail pipe? i dont think they actually run that rich. Not sure where the idea that extra fuel will cool the cat? Doesn't adding extra unburnt fuel to the cat just get burned off in the cat? anywhere here is a log from stage 2 1/4 mile, AFR uses PID "actual AFR" , seems to be a little more reasonable, as i have seen the afr gauge on my digital dash hit the low limit of 10:1

data.JPG
Yes, it was measured with a probe that was stuck up the exhaust pipe. Yours looks a lot better, but not really right. That looks like ~11:1, which I would still consider pretty fat.

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
I don't know numbers on these engines tuned, but most I'm aware of run between 0.92 & 0.86 lambda, which is roughly 13.5-12.5:1. That spread covers a huge number of engines. Running 9:1 ever is sloppy work.

Sponsored

krack999

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost
I bet your engine was not warm enough to make full power. Check your oil temp gauge, is it in the green? It seems like my 2017 with a FRPP tune will cut power on startup until it reaches full operating temperature. My commute is stop and go and is only 10 miles. I thought for several years something was wrong with my car. Turns out, you really have to warm the engine up before it makes power. It definitely takes awhile to warm up as well.

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
For sure it was warm. I drove it around prior to the dyno to make sure the trans, rear, bearings, etc. were up to temperature.

It appears to be Cat or knock protection.

As of tonight, the new downpipe is on and the new intercooler is in place. Charge and intake pipes are off. My first job tomorrow is the new 12 psi Turbosmart wastegate actuator.
Sponsored