WOT Hit then Puff of White Smoke and Low Oil Pressure Light

OP
OP

YeahJonesy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
The older cars took 8 quarts. Maybe the dealer goofed and after that many miles of running low it gave up.
I confirmed with the dealer at every oil change that they add 10 quarts. I requested all of my service records and that's also what the receipts show.
Sponsored

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
From dot to dot should be even more than 2 quarts, and the dipstick goes a lot deeper than the lower dot, at least on my car.
Dot to dot (hole to hole) on the dipstick is 1 quart when the oil if fully hot. But yes, if the oil is not showing at all on the dipstick at all then it's at least 2 qts low.

Mustang_Lou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
I confirmed with the dealer at every oil change that they add 10 quarts. I requested all of my service records and that's also what the receipts show.
What the records show and what actually happened are not necessarily the same thing. The ONLY way to know for sure is to see video of the tech pouring the oil into the engine.

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
The only way to really know is to do it yourself. Dealerships are filled with pikers that don't do the job correctly. How do I know? I've been working for dealerships the last 10 years.

Last edited:

ihc95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10 401A
Another way of knowing is to simply check the dipstick at the dealership before you go home. Keep us updated OP.

Sponsored

OP
OP

YeahJonesy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
Another way of knowing is to simply check the dipstick at the dealership before you go home. Keep us updated OP.
update: Piston 7 exploded and hit the heads and cut off the spark plug.

Ford has approved a replacement long block :crackup:

attached an image of my oil pan.

Untitled.png

OP
OP

YeahJonesy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
The tell tale sign is metal shavings in the oil. Sorry to say but your engine is toast..heads are probably not damaged so you can most likely get away with a short block..start your planning..
METAL SHAVINGS LOL

GOLD DUST**

Untitled.png

rangerryda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium A10
Vehicle Showcase
Ouch. Hooray for a new long block for free but still sucks. You'll have to suffer through another break-in period if you subscribe to that sort of thing.
Sponsored