Sponsored

Worth selling Cup2's?

stev3french

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 Twister Orange w/HP
I am in the camp of changing tires out from my HP wheels. I won't be tracking the car and wanted something easier to live with day to day. I have a set of Sport 4s on the way and wondered if its worth trying to sell these Cup2s? They have 2k easy road miles, quite alot of tread left. Has anyone had luck selling these anywhere? Do used tires hold any value really? Facebook marketplace seems to be my only option it sounds like when asking around for posting them.

Thanks to anyone with some insight.
Sponsored

SmokinAces

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eddie
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350
Hey @stev3french , they will always sell at the right price. That being said, everyone’s price s different. I’m always on the look out for these tires. There is nothing lost in advertising them. Maybe invoke negotiations which may lead to your satisfaction. Folks do have luck selling them here too.

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
I sold mine with 35 miles on them. I’m sure someone is interested in them for the right price. Doesn’t hurt to list them here and locally which would be the easiest to deal with

traxiii

Mustang is my middle name
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Thunderbird F150 & '22 Mach 1 on order.
I had a guy on here tell me he'd give me around $1000 for the set and send me prepaid UPS shipping labels. All I had to do was slap the labels on the tires and drop them off at a USP pick up location.

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I had a guy on here tell me he'd give me around $1000 for the set and send me prepaid UPS shipping labels. All I had to do was slap the labels on the tires and drop them off at a USP pick up location.
I wouldn’t give them away. It’s the time of year guys are going to need them and they are not cheap to buy new. If you do list them be ready for the lowball offers

Sponsored

traxiii

Mustang is my middle name
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Thunderbird F150 & '22 Mach 1 on order.
I wouldn’t give them away. It’s the time of year guys are going to need them and they are not cheap to buy new. If you do list them be ready for the lowball offers
What do you think is a fair price for Cup2's with less than 25 miles on them? New they are approx. $2k plus tax for the set on tirerack. UPS ground Shipping is around $65 or $75 each, cheaper if you wrap them up..

MrXXX0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Evan
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
I am in the camp of changing tires out from my HP wheels. I won't be tracking the car and wanted something easier to live with day to day. I have a set of Sport 4s on the way and wondered if its worth trying to sell these Cup2s? They have 2k easy road miles, quite alot of tread left. Has anyone had luck selling these anywhere? Do used tires hold any value really? Facebook marketplace seems to be my only option it sounds like when asking around for posting them.

Thanks to anyone with some insight.
Where are you located cause I'll be looking for a spare set to toss on my spare gt350 wheels for my Mach 1 here shortly? 2k miles isn't a whole lot but on cup2s it's a decent chunk of life off them when most get around 5k to 7k out of them.

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
I've got mine up for $1700. I know exactly how much they are new. 10 miles on them.

Last edited:

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What do you think is a fair price for Cup2's with less than 25 miles on them? New they are approx. $2k plus tax for the set on tirerack. UPS ground Shipping is around $65 or $75 each, cheaper if you wrap them up..
My thinking is in line with @Zelek
I just checked tirerack and a set delivered to me with tax is over $2200

Maybe having a quick sale is worth convenience to you. I would sell cheaper to a local buyer as well. But they are not throw away items. I sold mine to another Mach 1 member here that does track events and was going to give them the death they deserve!

OP
OP
stev3french

stev3french

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 Twister Orange w/HP
Where are you located cause I'll be looking for a spare set to toss on my spare gt350 wheels for my Mach 1 here shortly? 2k miles isn't a whole lot but on cup2s it's a decent chunk of life off them when most get around 5k to 7k out of them.
I am in Michigan. I might end up posting them here for sale I guess, never thought about that, but yeah, shipping them probably wouldn't be cheap and locally would probably be the easiest.

If you are interested though, I could send you some pictures of them once they are taken off. I am not looking to give them away, but I also want them gone so they aren't taking up room in my garage.

Sponsored

SL8888

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT-350 # K1989
I am in Michigan. I might end up posting them here for sale I guess, never thought about that, but yeah, shipping them probably wouldn't be cheap and locally would probably be the easiest.

If you are interested though, I could send you some pictures of them once they are taken off. I am not looking to give them away, but I also want them gone so they aren't taking up room in my garage.
I just sent you a PM

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
They have 2k easy road miles, quite alot of tread left
probably ~$800. New sets go for 1000-1100. I paid 1100 for a set from a PP2 that had 12 miles on them. Most of the sets (4) I bought for around 8-900 with less than 500 miles.
Sponsored