TheYankeeMarshal

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Yankee
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
Is it just me or is the “voice” navigation system on the sync3 in my new Mustang the worst system ever put in a modern car? The navigation in my 2012 Mazda was far better. Whenever I search for anything, if it finds anything at all, it gives me results ranging from 8 miles away to 800 miles away in no specific order. It also has absolutely no idea what businesses are actually in my city. Am I just doing something wrong or does this system just plain old suck?
Advertisement

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
COYOTE
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Whereas WAZE is the best navigation ever !

Me: "Hey waze, take me to Timbuktu"
WAZE: "You're gonna need a bigger boat"

Haha

Johnnybee

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 convertible
One time we visited an American aunt and family in hospital in Niagara Falls, NY. We went out for dinner, using the nav to find the restaurant, ever further into the environs around NF. As I'm not overly familiar with that area, I punched in a return route to home in Toronto and the nav returned a route which was some 800 kilometres! It thought that it was best to return via Detroit. No matter what I did, it gave me that route. I finally asked it to take me back to hospital in NF and then we made our way back to the border. Once on the Canadian side, no problem giving me the route home. I almost always use Android Auto and Google now, since that also has live traffic.

geep81

Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium
I was in Hocking Hills Ohio recently and relied on the nav due to no cell signal. It took me down every gravel road it could, when 1/2 mile ahead was a normal road. It tried to take me down closed farm roads as regular roads. Like fenced off private property.

I drove at 11pm in pitch black down 5 miles of gravel farm road that a Mustang probably has no business on, and didn't even realize quite how bad it was due to the darkness. This nav is not to be trusted.

Bikeman315

Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
It's not the best and it's not the worst. Also depends on the quality/accuracy of the maps in the area you are using them. I also use Waze and Google as a backup. The latest version of Apple Maps is also very good. They have improved immensely over the past few years.

Schwerin

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
I've used Google, Ford and Apple Maps.

Googles best IMO
Apples good but not as good on telling you about slowdowns and delays.
Fords a distant 3rd but was never wrong in its
routes.

None of them seem to recommend the back road routes I know that will cut 5-10min off my travel time depending on the traffic.

DemonGT

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Mustang GT, 2021 Mustang GT PP1
Iv had no issues with mine.

gadgtfreek

Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP2
WAZE...

DuRsT

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 - 2006 GT Convertible
I've had zero issues with Ford's Navigation, and I own two of them currently.

Lexus navigation in my 2013 GS350 was absolutely atrocious. Difficult to use at best and the directions were always horrible.

Personally love the Navigation in these.

Hanavarian

Reaction score
First Name
Mustang
Vehicle(s)
Ticino 7D
Can never lose with a good old paper map that's also fun to use!

sdsteele2

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT, 2021 Explorer XLT
If you think SYNC 3 is bad, you never had the pleaser of using SYNC 2. SYNC 3 is much better than the old system.

Still, the best feature of SYNC 3 is support for CarPlay/android auto. :)

OP
OP
TheYankeeMarshal

TheYankeeMarshal

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Yankee
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
If you think SYNC 3 is bad, you never had the pleaser of using SYNC 2. SYNC 3 is much better than the old system.

Still, the best feature of SYNC 3 is support for CarPlay/android auto. :)
If it had wireless connection it would be a lot better. I don't usually remember to plug my phone into the car before taking off.

It would be nice, and not to much to ask for IMHO, that a brand new nav system in a brand new car would have maps that included businesses that have been there for the past seven years.

sdsteele2

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT, 2021 Explorer XLT
I’m still waiting for Ford navigation to add my house. But it’s only been here 5 years. Maybe some day 🙄

Sucks to buy something extra but I’m considering the adapter in this video. The humblemechanic has never steered me wrong on my VWs.

Hanavarian

Reaction score
First Name
Mustang
Vehicle(s)
Ticino 7D
Not Ford's strong suit. I had a rental Crown Vic in Miami and saw the underbelly witnessing 3rd word metal shacks and rustly boat ghettos. Could have been Haiti with paved roads haha.

Advertisement

51 - American Racing Headers - 1
Advertisement