Sponsored

DroopyGT350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Damien
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Turbo’s “pull” blowers “punch”🤜, its a matter of preference. Me, I’d rather get pulled then get punched in the gut..
I’d rather pick which one responded to the throttle the best. Both sound like a wild ride. I’ve had both in European cars making 400-500 wheel horsepower, so my experience is limited in comparison to GT500 numbers. I found superchargers less difficult to modulate, but modern turbo systems have made leaps and bounds in controllability. I’d be scared shitless, either way.
Sponsored

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
Semantics like having the car tuned and running? Come on Steve, thats a bit more than that. If you were saying they finished around the same time, but one went out and drove down the road one day before because of bad weather then I completely agree. But one car is off dyno and the other is not.
fathouse did it first, if you want to apply semantics, then we shall use that across the full spectrum of "firsts" and get into the micro records game :)

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
Question for the guys at fathouse. Does the gt-500 have a plastic oil pan like the gt-350? The Reason why i ask is i just saw a video by a YouTuber “I’tsjusta6”, blow the plastic oil pan plug, threads and all completely off during a 18lb of boost twin turbo pull. If it does will that be common on these higher hp cars with plastic oil pans. He did upgrade the plug with a billet one before it happened and it still blew out..

huskeee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt350
Question for the guys at fathouse. Does the gt-500 have a plastic oil pan like the gt-350? The Reason why i ask is i just saw a video by a YouTuber “I’tsjusta6”, blow the plastic oil pan plug, threads and all completely off during a 18lb of boost twin turbo pull. If it does will that be common on these higher hp cars with plastic oil pans. He did upgrade the plug with a billet one before it happened and it still blew out..
The GT500 runs a metal pan and plug.

However, that YouTube video and event you are talking about is not normal. If any car, plastic drain plug or not, blows their plug out during a pull, it means that:
1. It's wasn't on properly or functioning correctly and/or
2. That engine has some serious issues and the drain plug is the last of their worries. In saying that, if the dipstick didn't blow out, or the pcv valve etc, then I'd say it's number 1.

Sponsored

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
he said its a built rpg engine set up loose ring wise for higher boost. He said an engine set up that way creates higher then normal crankcase pressure under boost therefore it blew the plug out. Now i don't know if that’s a relevant explanation, but needless to say he’s replacing the oil pan with a metal one. Fathouse builds 1200 + whp Gt-350’s and i never heard of them having this type of issue.

huskeee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt350
I still don't buy it. If it had enough crankcase pressure to blow out the drain plug, the dipstick would have blown out well before that. Incorrect figment of the drain plug or repeated use of the same drain plug may have worn it down. I dont know what the exact issue was, but saying that blowing out a 350 drain plug is an acceptable by-product of a motor built for boost is ludicrous.

Last edited:

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
I still don't buy it. If it had enough crankcase pressure to blow out the drain plug, the dipstick would have blown out well before that. Incorrect figment of the drain plug or repeated use of the same drain plug may have worn it down. I dont know what the exact issue was, but saying that blowing out a 350 drain plug is an acceptable by-product of a motor built for boost is ludicris.
A8D42D9B-F381-4D77-96A3-B05166110E85.jpeg

john@fatfab

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby Omni
he said its a built rpg engine set up loose ring wise for higher boost. He said an engine set up that way creates higher then normal crankcase pressure under boost therefore it blew the plug out. Now i don't know if that’s a relevant explanation, but needless to say he’s replacing the oil pan with a metal one. Fathouse builds 1200 + whp Gt-350’s and i never heard of them having this type of issue.
We retain the factory plastic oil pan and OEM drain plug on most of our GT350 builds. The only cars that get a larger aluminum pan are the drag pack cars. This has to do with increased oil capacity in order to ensure proper oil pressure through a complete run and during the chute pull and slow down. Has nothing to do with the plug or excessive crankcase pressure. Honestly its hard telling what caused his plug to come out. Could have been reused several times without being replaced if I had to guess. While I think the factory recommendation to replace the plug with every oil change may be a little excessive, I would put a new one in after a few though cycles though. I have watched a few of his videos from when he first stated putting a turbo kit on the car, but have not watched any in quite some time as I find them rather hard to watch lol. I will give those guys props for all the time in effort they put in. Not only doing the work, but making and editing the videos as that takes a lot of time and energy. End of the day though, they are a good resource in what pitfalls you should try to avoid best I can tell!

Sponsored