Sponsored

Trevor@FatFab

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Twin Turbo GT350
After months of development and keeping this project under wraps we are proud to present the world's first twin turbo 2020 Shelby GT500

We will be offering turn key twin turbo packages for the GT500 like we do for the GT350. Package details and pricing will be available in the near future. Below is the first start up video!

More content coming soon so stay tuned!

Sponsored

BluByeU

M6G SoCal Cruisers
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob HT
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium GTPP Recaros & Shaker 401a
Wonder what numbers it put down?!:shock:

Sponsored

AJMTZ985

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe.
Wonder what the weight savings are if any by losing the supercharger

XS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
Wonder what the weight savings are if any by losing the supercharger
If I recall correctly, the Hellion bottom mount kit has a good ten pounds on a Whipple kit. It's just a thing that's stuck in my head when I was looking into both kits. So I would say the weight is either really close or just a hair more than stock.

OH3Cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Cobra Convertible
I've been to Fathouse several times. They did the first oil change on my GT500- they know their stuff and mine was one of 6 Mustang Varietal's in the shop. Ben took me for rides in their 1200R (A10) and in a twin turbo GT350. Both gave me that "Oh S&*t" feeling. Professional people with incredible attention to detail. Their welds are works of art.

OH3Cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Cobra Convertible
you mean compound boost? supercharger and twin turbos?
I have not seen them go that path. Not sure that there is much "benefit" to justify the trickery.

Fathouse should weigh in.

OP
OP
Trevor@FatFab

Trevor@FatFab

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Twin Turbo GT350
you mean compound boost? supercharger and twin turbos?
I have not seen them go that path. Not sure that there is much "benefit" to justify the trickery.

Fathouse should weigh in.
This is not a compound boost set up. We designed a new manifold for this application. We will be showcasing more of the system here in the near future.

Sponsored

Cgouzoulis

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
chris
Vehicle(s)
None
Its not the first and you guys are aware of it.

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
knowing frathouse, it probably makes 1200 to the wheels...

john@fatfab

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby Omni
Its not the first and you guys are aware of it.
I guess it depends on how you define first. The first running? The first to go into development? First to go on the dyno, down the track ect ect. End of the day who cares about that. It was titled that way as a friendly jab, but I guess this internet stuff is serious business. One thing I can assure you is this system will be first class and purpose built around this platform, not a quick adaption.

Cgouzoulis

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
chris
Vehicle(s)
None
I guess it depends on how you define first. The first running? The first to go into development? First to go on the dyno, down the track ect ect. End of the day who cares about that. It was titled that way as a friendly jab, but I guess this internet stuff is serious business. One thing I can assure you is this system will be first class and purpose built around this platform, not a quick adaption.
No, dont get me wrong. Im in love with how you guys outfit the shelbys. Im just pointing it out as it was a hot topic that I unfortunately found myself in the middle of. I think both companies do great work. As for what I consider first. I guess installed, dyno'd and running/driven.
EDIT And I dont think Kyles was a quick adaption, it was planned for months and went through 2 months of fit and finish.

Last edited:

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
1st is first.. until your 2nd and then semantics matter lol.

( not digging at you)

Excited for the progress, Ive seen nothing but great things come from fathouse, and had the 500 not had DCT, id have a TT 350 right now.
Sponsored