Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP 400A 10R80 RTR Spec 5 Widebody
Vehicle Showcase
Very impressive power. Congrats to all involved . Would love to see that thing on a strip.
We're working on that! When you push the envelope like this, you're constantly finding the next weakest link, improving that weakest link, and going after it again. We've run into some issues with the trigger wheel coming apart from the crank pulley, as well as the flexplates breaking. We've been working on creating solutions, such as a 1pc crank pulley, and an SFI rated flywheel. With those couple updates to the car, and a parachute added, I think she'll be ready to crush an 8 second blast!!!

Advertisement

OP
MiDiablo

MiDiablo

#JustA4Banger
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Huge fan of Jessie at EMS - badass work!
Oh, hey there!

Let us not forget what intercooler this monster runs!!!

CVFab Race Core front mount intercooler - proven results, time and time again!!! 💪💪💪

20200521_130004.jpg

Idaho2018GTPremium

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
Oh, hey there!

Let us not forget what intercooler this monster runs!!!

CVFab Race Core front mount intercooler - proven results, time and time again!!! 💪💪💪

20200521_130004.jpg
I'm not surprised it would need an intercooler with a large capacity. I'm sure compressed air temperatures upstream of the intercooler are stratospheric. At 45-50 pounds of boost, I'd estimate 550-700 deg F before the intercooler...? Any knowledge on those air temperatures?

Billy1

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Can't wait to see that 8 sec. run video. Did you guys ever look into installing/trying a 4 port exhaust head(MAP Performance was selling a kit conversion at one time) or does the 2.0 block run a 4 port head exhaust?

OP
MiDiablo

MiDiablo

#JustA4Banger
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Can't wait to see that 8 sec. run video. Did you guys ever look into installing/trying a 4 port exhaust head(MAP Performance was selling a kit conversion at one time) or does the 2.0 block run a 4 port head exhaust?
The 2.0L block is used in conjunction with the 2.3L EcoBoost Mustang cylinder head on this setup, and on most of the EMS-built motors we provide our customers.

There's been some testing being done on another build currently with the 4-port cylinder head, and from what I've seen and heard, seems promising. We'll see what we can do here with what we've got for now before making any jumps to the individual port head, though.

War-Machine

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium PP1, Shadow Black
What 1/4 mile times has this thing achieved? Or what did it do in previous builds?

Advertisement

46 - Roush Performance - 3

Advertisement