Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
No Dairy!!! Dude I live in Wisconsin :)
Was TDY (visiting for work) in Wisconsin for a few weeks and omg the cheese!!! Never forget what someone said "we don't have that Sargento shit here". I think I came home with 5lbs of cheese in my suitcase. 14 years aged white cheddar....man was that stuff yummy!! Don't remember the little town I stayed in near Ft. McCoy.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Vettel-ish

Vettel-ish

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350 (SOLD) 11 5.0 TRACK 17 Explorer 16 Fusion
Vehicle Showcase
Was TDY (visiting for work) in Wisconsin for a few weeks and omg the cheese!!! Never forget what someone said "we don't have that Sargento shit here". I think I came home with 5lbs of cheese in my suitcase. 14 years aged white cheddar....man was that stuff yummy!! Don't remember the little town I stayed in near Ft. McCoy.
Sargento is good stuff? They also sponsor road America! But yeah..we like our cheese. F California cows lol
I0000y2ot_UqmBgo.jpg

Phatpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1
I've gone keto / paleo-eque with my eating habits. Really, I have cut out almost everything that comes out of a box, eat a lot of veg and meat, cut out dairy recently and no no no sugar or wheat. I also intermittent fast 16/8 with one day of 24 hrs fasting a week. I also weight train 4 days a week. I'm 51 so I'm not looking to bulk up, just get stronger (getting muscles anyway :) ) and live forever, lol. I've watched a lot of youtube and done lots of reading on diet / nutrition. I'm convinced that Americans have been lied to for decades about proper nutrition. That's what happens when the govt, big pharma and big AG are in each others pockets. Most of today's chronic ills can be reversed with proper nutrition and lifestyle changes.

bomlodr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 SVO, 2015 GT/PP
I'm 49, 6'2" and I generally run between 190 and 195 lbs with somewhere between 12 and 15% body fat. I have a 32" waist, 47" chest, and 17" arms. Not big by anyone's definition but I am toned, athletic, and can do shit at 49 that most 29 year olds can't do. That said, about 6 or 7 years ago, I was pushing 240lbs with an expanding 38" waist. I had enough. So, I did two things: changed my diet and started exercising. I went from 240lbs to 190lbs in about 6 months and have stayed there since. Diet will fix 80% of what's wrong with you without ever picking up a weight or doing a push-up. Weight loss starts and ends in the kitchen, period. I eat 5 meals per day and consume between 1800 and 2000 calories. My diet consists of 1 gram of lean protein per lb of body weight every day, 1-1.5 grams of complex carbs (think fresh vegetables) per lb of body weight every day, plus my other macros (good fats like avocado and nuts). My go to is egg whites, chicken breast, grain or grass fed organic beef, fresh uncooked vegetables like broccoli, carrots, or green beans. Portion size and balance of protein, carbs, and fats to keep you satiated and your body consuming what you put in it. I also eat NO refined carbs. No soda, no juices, no flour based bread products, and very little dairy. Very little means 1 tbsp of limited ingredient creamer in my coffee in the morning. That's it. I have switched exclusively to almond milk and the bread/cereal products that I do eat are whole grain based. The product is called Ezekiel bread/cereal but it's basically sprouted grain. I also have one cheat MEAL, not cheat day, per week where I eat whatever I want. Don't deprive yourself. Some have recommended the keto diet. Keto should be approaced with caution. People with gall bladder issues and those with inflammatory diseases do not tolerate the keto diet. I've put a link to my diet that I've been on for 6 years below.

https://www.muscleandfitness.com/nutrition/meal-plans/28-days-meal-plan-lean-muscle

As far as exercise goes, exercise will make your body more efficient at utilizing the nutrients you feed it. The more you exercise, the more lean muscle you develop. The more muscle you have, the more calories you are able to burn. Cardio is important to overall health however, you will burn MORE calories FASTER and LONGER from weight/resistance training that you will from cardio, period. Cardio only burns calories while you're doing it, weight/resistance training continues to burn calories for 12-24 hours AFTER you're done. At one time, I was a runner. The issue with that is humans are not designed physiologically to run on concrete. Eventually, your knees and hips will put a screeching halt to your running career. I switched to a HIIT type workout with resistance training. I've been doing P90X and X3 for about 4 years. I get my cardio as well as my resistance training. I can do more push ups, pull ups, and sit-ups now at 49 that I could in the military at 19.

The most important thing to remember about embarking on this journey is that it's a marathon, not a sprint. Consistency is key and you need to be both honest and critical of yourself when evaluating your diet. Keep it simple, don't go to extremes, and the weight will fall off. Oh yeah, drink at least 90oz of water per day.

Shifting_Gears

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Since I stepped into a gym around age 18, I have been on and off with weight. I only carry weight in my mid section so when I would slack off it becomes a battle of the buldge.

I was probably 170lbs when I was 18 and 5’11” so I was a pretty small dude and I hated it. I got great beginners gains bulking and shot up in the 190’s. After college and jumping into the work world, my active time took a sharp dive and poor diet choices based on convenience slowly started adding weight. I would go to the gym, start to get where I wanted to and then stop. Rinse and repeat for a few years.

Now, I do a mixture of running, gym and biking. Biking is huge for me because I despise running. Running is a great challenge for me because it’s a mental struggle. I hate running because I know what that energy relates to in performance on a bike. I rather be smashing dirt and jumps, getting over obstacles than punishing my ankles and knees. Either way, I’ve realized running is a great foundation for better cardio endurance so it’s now part of my life.

My last “up” swing netted me about 217lbs feeling like a turd. I got pissed when pants and shorts stopped fitting. I got pissed when I realized how poor some of my food choices were and how much money I was wasting on buying lunch and coffee during the week. So I largely cut out fast food and started eating a lot of greens, lean meat and protein. Cut back, but not totally eliminated dairy. I drink coconut milk (I prefer it much more than almond milk) and eat less cheese than before.

As I sit, I’m around 205lbs and dropping but there’s definitely more than 12lbs of fat loss as I have packed on some muscle. I appreciate my body and in my 30’s it’s important to keep it on the right track for a healthy future.

Also - I hate getting my ass kicked by guys in their 40’s and 50’s on the trail. Great for them, embarrassing for me.. lol.

Sponsored

Farisso

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darissa
Vehicle(s)
mustang 6g
Due to quarantine, I cann't go to the gym, so I limit myself to home workout. This isn't so effective because I don't have sports equipment, but I hope that I don’t lose shape too much during this time. Before quarantine, I was at my doctor’s office and he said that training in gym helped me fix my back problems and I began to feel more active and alert. But the doctor also said that all athletes should take special vitamins and supplements that help them restore their water-salt balance and avoid leaching of nutrients due to cardio training. I found several different vitamin complexes on the Canada Drugs portal, but I don’t know which vitamins are good for athletes. Maybe someone here can share the name of their vitamin and the supplements they take? I'm not talking about protein now.

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Sargento is good stuff? They also sponsor road America! But yeah..we like our cheese. F California cows lol
I0000y2ot_UqmBgo.jpg
I'm 32 yo and past few years were tough on me lot's of stress eating and working on computer all day so basically zero movement. When I bought my Mustang I start going to the race track and since I find out my driving was terrible I also start going to karting school. However my weight on 15 of November 2019 was 265 lbs and this is obviously not great. I do Christmas and Eastern fasting but didn't do it last few years. So I decided I'm going to do it this time and try to cut as much weight as possible. So between 15 of November and 24 of December I was doing Christmas fasting I dropped down to 244 lbs. When Christmas ended I start doing Keto diet as well as Intermittent fasting (eating 8 hours not eating 16 hours) this helped me drop down to 227 lbs by 28 of February when the Eastern fasting starts so I switched to fasting again and also keep eating in 8 hours intervals. By 19 of April I was down to 200 lbs.
I now eat only in 8 hour intervals and I keep my weight around 200 lbs.
I almost didn't do any exercise during this period but the transformation is huge and it helped me cut my lap times by a big margin I also dropped my clothes size from 38-40 down to 34 and from XXL down to XL/L.

JCFoster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Vert, 3.15, A6, Magnetic
At 49, try to run three times a week at 1.5 miles and do my pushups depending on the weather. Try not to eat or limit processed food. Quit smoking 20 years ago, two pack habit. Drink a lot of coffee and very little alcohol. Probably need to rotate those two. In general feel pretty good. My end goal is to make it to 80.

welefthimfordeadlol

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Ford ST
I do a lot of walking and biking through several places, especially wooded areas & I end up getting barked at by dogs (Not all the time) Point is my legs and arms get stronger, stretches my back which is good and blood circulates better. Stopping off for a bottle of sparkling water refreshes myself. Food wise, when I get home I eat long grain rice and chicken jalfrezi - absolute stunning taste. I've ditched pulled pork. Here's a pic. Have a great weekend.
20231006_173838.jpg

detamble13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Camaro SS LS3
41 here and also have an office job. If possible get a standing height desk so you have the option to work on your feet through the day. It encourages a good stretch and gets you up even if for a little bit.

If you drink take a month off each year.

If you smoke weed try working out after. You can program the brain to be productive while in that state of mind.

Sponsored

Applied Carbon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT
I'm knocking on the door of 40 and I really gotta get it together. I put on like 40lbs this past year without even thinking about it. Married life has really turned me into a lard ass. When I lived alone I did 1 meal a day, weights 3 times a week and cardio 4 times a week. Soon as we bought our house and moved in I got fat, I did what most women do lol..

vinny89gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
LaFlamaBlanca
Vehicle(s)
2023 Iconic Silver GT PP
I have decided that I want to get a bit more serious about health. I am 36 and I feel it will only get harder the older I get.

Any health / workout nuts on here that want to give other some pointers. I have a gym in my basement that my wife uses everyday.

Maybe even share some good recipes and workout plans?
There are a million different ways to skin this cat, but at the end of the day you'll have to find what works for you.

I would start by logging all your food/drink intake. You'd be surprised the macros of some seemingly healthy items and even some seemingly unhealthy items. MyFitnessPal is a free app and is great for this.

If you think about having to log that Snickers bar into the app, you might reconsider eating it all together.

Just my two cents.
Sponsored