Woodward / Mustang Alley Events & Vehicle Debuts This Week - Aug 16-18

lazgun

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
pat
Vehicle(s)
2008 bullitt
Anyone know when they start handing out shirts?
Sponsored

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01/'09/'19 Bullitt, '90 GT, '00 Corvette FRC
"Ford will be auctioning the Mustang “JDRF” Bullitt and begin raffle sales to win a one-off Kona Blue Mustang Bullitt"???? Hhhhmmmmm...I couldn't find the confused/scratching my head emoji...but isn't the iconic green kinda what makes it a Bullitt? If it's blue, is it really still a Bullitt??
To get very technical, the car in the 1968 movie was not called a "Bullitt", even though it is popularly referred to as that because of the movie title and Steve McQueen's character name. The first Bullitt Mustang was introduced in 2001, and it came in dark highland green, along with black and true blue. So yes, if it's blue, it's really a Bullitt.

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01/'09/'19 Bullitt, '90 GT, '00 Corvette FRC
I look forward to participating in the Bullitt Mustang parade on Saturday, which will be led by Ford engineer Tom Barnes in a 2019 Bullitt Mustang. I won't have my '19, but I will have my '01.

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
I look forward to participating in the Bullitt Mustang parade on Saturday, which will be led by Ford engineer Tom Barnes in a 2019 Bullitt Mustang. I won't have my '19, but I will have my '01.
Tom is a great guy........met him a couple of years ago when a friend and I visited Dearborn. I suspect he won't give an inch.......but see if he'll ask any questions about what's coming next for Mustang/S650/timelines........I'll settle for knowing what his body language says lol

Sponsored

nrc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang EB PP
We stopped by the Ford displays Friday evening before things were really live. I'm not a fan of crowds so the timing was perfect for me. We were able to see the original Bullitt Mustang and take some shots of the Kona Blue Mustang.

I'm a Green Bullitt purist but it's a gorgeous car and I'd be happy to win it. :) Notice that they added louvers on the rear quarter windows. I'm not a fan but it seems appropriate looking at the C-pillar on the original.

Also, the seats are the premium leather with grabber blue stitching, not the Recaros.

View media item 13504View media item 13503View media item 13502