Dirtyblueshirt

Award Winning Taste™
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger Lariat Tremor
I'm not sure if this was mentioned or not, but for those that have this, how hot does the knob get? Is it uncomfortable to touch if the car has been in a parking lot all day?
As much as any metal knob, yes. But it does cool down quickly enough once the AC gets kicking.
Sponsored

Blk2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Its metal so like any other metal shifter. Pretty toasty in the direct sun.

nightmare702

Murdered Mustang #055
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
MMR#055. IG: @nightmares550
[MENTION=13349]BrantMcE[/MENTION] I live in vegas and it hit 107 here the other day. And all I can say is the hottest part is the metal itself not the knob in general. Don't touch the silver part. Trust me :lol:

BrantMcE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Magnetic w/ Dark Saddle In
Haha thanks for all the replies guys. I'm definitely interested in this mod, but being in Florida with my car parked in the sun all day, I'm not sure I want to deal with an untouchable shifter knob as the stock version doesn't have that issue that I can tell.

SterlingStangMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Magnetic Ecoboost
If you have a convertible, you probably would be best to put the top up or, a hat over the knob. A few times mine was very hot. If it is covered, it will stay cool.

Sponsored

dotJake

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.sdyoung.com
First Name
Jake
Vehicle(s)
2017 White Platinum GT Premium
So are you guys changing the boot out to the manual boot for the full fake-out look or is it necessary? I read this thread and it seems not required but it seems like there are a lot of boot swaps occurring.

OP
OP
Dirtyblueshirt

Dirtyblueshirt

Award Winning Taste™
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger Lariat Tremor
So are you guys changing the boot out to the manual boot for the full fake-out look or is it necessary? I read this thread and it seems not required but it seems like there are a lot of boot swaps occurring.
It's definitely not required. I plan to do it, I have the boot on standby. I just need my car.

BlueThunder

***ding Rookie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Silver Mustang PP1 Manual (former 2015 GT Auto)
Not really about the fake-out, I don't think anybody is trying to be cutesy, it just looks much better without the PRNDS plastic trim crap on the sides that doesn't even light up which mode you're in.

Though you can probably just cover it up with some carbon-fiber material or something for an easier/cheaper fix, but I like the full boot.

dotJake

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.sdyoung.com
First Name
Jake
Vehicle(s)
2017 White Platinum GT Premium
OK then. The boot doesn't bother me so that's good it isn't required. I might do this mod when the weather turns...it's so damn hot outside... milk was a bad choice.

Blk2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Not really about the fake-out, I don't think anybody is trying to be cutesy, it just looks much better without the PRNDS plastic trim crap on the sides that doesn't even light up which mode you're in.

Though you can probably just cover it up with some carbon-fiber material or something for an easier/cheaper fix, but I like the full boot.
Agreed. The indicators are totally useless; it's probably just for the dummy drivers out there and they have to do it for OEM.

With just the leather boot looks much cleaner.

Sponsored

BlueThunder

***ding Rookie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Silver Mustang PP1 Manual (former 2015 GT Auto)
OK then. The boot doesn't bother me so that's good it isn't required. I might do this mod when the weather turns...it's so damn hot outside... milk was a bad choice.
Nope, the knob assembly replacement was actually made for the OEM boot/trim. Using the manual boot requires a little modification/Rube Goldberging to get things to fit correctly. Though it's nice to have the entire OEM assembly by itself for a quick swap if needed.

GTP

Deutsche Pony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10 Outrageous Orange HPDE mods
I did it for the full fake-out.

I am 60/40 in support of auto/manual, so the boot feeds my manual side.

SterlingStangMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Magnetic Ecoboost
LOL! I like the manual boot look but am a cheap bastard and just kept the auto bezel/boot. Want to save the money for something else like exhaust upgrades. I do love the feel of this shifter! So much better looking that the OEM piece.
DSC_3590.jpg

plc268

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Race Red
I bet the full fake out look will confuse the hell out of anyone else if you take your car in for service.

GTP

Deutsche Pony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10 Outrageous Orange HPDE mods
I bet the full fake out look will confuse the hell out of anyone else if you take your car in for service.
:lol:

Yeah, and they will probably break the knob off, too. :frusty:

Well, funny story in the other direction. [MENTION=16493]Evil Minion[/MENTION] took his M6 in for service, and the young valet kid did not know how to get it in reverse. The other mechanics laughed and chided him over this, because if he worked in dealer service he should know how to drive a stick.
Sponsored